talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup Qualifiers (CONMEBOL) October 5th and October 10th

football forum

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

was alright I guess xD. Nothing special? 

Its eyecandy. The unpredictability and accurate passing is just a joy to watch. Watch full games and you'll be impressed. That was just an example :)

Its always been our traditional style of play although in the last 35 years we've had so much dross that we haven't been able to play that way. It was always terrible passing and defending. Now we have a very good team. Most of our players play abroad, and a few of them will be in top european leagues soon. Andre Carrillo is only the first. I suspect Flores or Ruidiaz will be next.

Paolo Guerrero is our best player but his age won't help him. He'll stay in Brazil.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stan said:

was just my opinion and I wasn't that impressed with it. 

Ha, go on then. Again, that was just an example and in a full match you'll be more impressed (hence our good form) but you are entitled to your own views.

That last post was just a recap of how we've changed, We've had some real shite play for us especially in the mid 2000's.

From what I have seen, Peru play some decent football at the moment and that's not easy to achieve when you consider the level of the players they have overall compared to some other South American nations, who they have beaten, or gone toe to toe with in these qualifiers. Uruguay, in particular were ripped apart by them at times and they smashed Paraguay.

They have struggled for results against the better nations, but even then, haven't been hammered and have generally been a nightmare for their opponent. The Peru 3-4 Chile game is a great example and they took it to Chile in that game, they went toe to toe with them.

3 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

From what I have seen, Peru play some decent football at the moment and that's not easy to achieve when you consider the level of the players they have overall compared to some other South American nations, who they have beaten, or gone toe to toe with in these qualifiers. Uruguay, in particular were ripped apart by them at times and they smashed Paraguay.

They have struggled for results against the better nations, but even then, haven't been hammered and have generally been a nightmare for their opponent. The Peru 3-4 Chile game is a great example and they took it to Chile in that game, they went toe to toe with them.

I'd say Peru 2-2 Argentina was a better example. In that second half, we could have scored 5 on them.

Little by little we have gotten better and better.

17 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Peru deserve to qualify ahead of Uruguay who will bore everyone at the WC. Least Peru actually go for it. 

Agreed.

If there is one team in South America that do not deserve to qualify, its Uruguay. Yet it will be one of Peru, Argentina and Chile who stay out. Neither Peru or Chile deserve to stay out of it as both could do well in the tournament. Argentina may be awful right now but still have one of the best teams on paper. 

Uruguay have a good generation coming up but if they are going to continue calling up players like Cebolla and play the long ball to Suarez and Cavani, then I don't know what they are going to offer. Immediate group stage exit for them I suspect.

Yeah, I've reflected and changed my mind.  Hamsik is the best 10 in the world by miles to be honest.  Reading back to the knowledge on this forum where Messi is concerned I am now also of the thinking that he's gone down quite a way.  It's all about the new breed now...  Who do you guys think will join him...  Wilshere? or maybe La tua Figa?

7 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Yeah, I've reflected and changed my mind.  Hamsik is the best 10 in the world by miles to be honest.  Reading back to the knowledge on this forum where Messi is concerned I am now also of the thinking that he's gone down quite a way.  It's all about the new breed now...  Who do you guys think will join him...  Wilshere? or maybe La tua Figa?

You've officially become as bad as Teso.

Learn to respect others opinions even if you think its idiotic. Lots of what you say is complete bollocks to me and I respected it anyhow.

For some over 40 years old you think football like a child.

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

You've officially become as bad as Teso.

Learn to respect others opinions even if you think its idiotic. Lots of what you say is complete bollocks to me and I respected it anyhow.

For some over 40 years old you think football like a child.

Hamsik is better than Messi?  Are you really saying that you smurf!

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Hamsik is better than Messi?  Are you really saying that you smurf!

No, I'm saying that you're boring as hell.

You've spouted some things that I disagreed with to the point that I found it bollocks, yet I kept quiet because I don't disrespect the views of others. You look like a twat going around making these comments that I've made. Its my opinion! and that's the end.

Besides I'm in a much higher position than you are in the sport anyways, so ultimately you're the wrong one.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Blue said:

No, I'm saying that you're boring as hell.

You've spouted some things that I disagreed with to the point that I found it bollocks, yet I kept quiet because I don't disrespect the views of others. You look like a twat going around making these comments that I've made. Its my opinion! and that's the end.

Besides I'm in a much higher position than you are in the sport anyways, so ultimately you're the wrong one.

fucking hell. that's some of the most arrogant shit I've ever heard on here or TFF.

Just now, Stan said:

fucking hell. that's some of the most arrogant shit I've ever heard on here or TFF.

That was the point...

It sounds just like him, we'll see if he likes it.

Back on topic FFS, I doubt Balon will come in here again spouting shite that has nothing to do with this thread.

Argentina vs Peru to be played at La Bombonera

Don't know the exact reasoning for this. Our federation is complaining because its closer to the stands and the atmosphere will be more "hostile" which I suppose is a fair reason. We had to move to the monumental because of a Carlos Vives concert, they're doing it because they feel like it.

If we do manage to win and knock them out of WC contention, then we will have knocked them out of the only 2 world cups they missed. 1970 and now, although all hypothetical of course. That was at La Bombonera as well, funnily enough.

Just now, SirBalon said:

xD Oh my days Brian. 

Hmmm sounds like a certain Spaniard on this forum now doesn't it?

How does it feel like to debate with yourself?

14 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Don't come at me with that rubbish Brian.  You meant it and I want it that way! hahahaha ;):P

I like it.

I didn't mean it actually. Its clear you're going to choose to believe that, so go ahead but I'm just showing you what its like debating with you these days. Nothing goes down well. Just because you have a great football knowledge being over 40 doesn't mean you're the dog bollocks. I work for press, but everything I hold within me is something I think. Everything you hold within you is something YOU think. There are very few wrong and rights in football.

I clearly see something in Hamsik that you don't. There's no shame in that and I've got no shame in making bold opinions either. The whole forum has become a spam of you and Teso just spouting opinions of mine you don't like, and its childish.

The "ultimately you're the wrong one" bit was said not in terms of "Hamsik is the best 10, go fuck yourself" but rather you're wrong in your view that there are "idiotic opinions". There are, but very few. An example is saying San Marino being better than Germany, ok there you have one. What reasons do you have for backing that up though?

You're the wrong one here, and that bit I meant but not in the way you were thinking. 

¡Desawebate amigo! You're a good member but from experience that's not the right way to think.

• Administrator
13 hours ago, Blue said:

Argentina vs Peru to be played at La Bombonera

10 hours ago, Blue said:

Argentina vs Peru will be played at la bombonera.

Argentina vs Peru is to be played at La Bombonera apparently. 

La Bombonera can actually work against Argentina in this particular game.  Obviously the stadium is a cauldron right on top of the pitch and the atmosphere created there very few stadiums anywhere in the world have it.  It's a legendary theatre for football and providing everything goes well, the opposition can find it very difficult.

The reason I think it could work against Argentina is because of the situation Argentina are in at the moment...  That crowd can just as easily go against the home side as it can put the expected epic pressure on the away side's game.  If things aren't going well in the first half an hour to 45 minutes, then the crowd could take everything into consideration and start to put pressure on their own which would work in benefit for Perú in this case.  If I were the Perú head coach, I'd be happy it's being played there because I'd be conditioning the mentality of my players to show that everything that's been done in this qualification campaign is going to plan...  I'd be telling them that the fact the AFA have gone out of their way to search for the most volatile of arenas is because they're scared of us and that the pressure is all on the home side.

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived