talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Unpopular Football Opinions

football forum

5 hours ago, Dan said:

N'Golo Kante was better last season than this season, but gets more plaudits this season because of who he plays for.

/bitterness

Or because people know who he is now and credit him accordingly. Most people didn't know who Kante was 3/4 of the season.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Or because people know who he is now and credit him accordingly. Most people didn't know who Kante was 3/4 of the season.

Which goes back to exactly what I said.

He was just as good last year, if not better.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Which goes back to exactly what I said.

He was just as good last year, if not better.

Not really, it isn't about who he plays for. He won the League last season and was considered the best player in the team that did so, that brought Kante's name to the forefront, not playing for Chelsea. He was low-profile when he joined Leicester and he was high-profile by the time he lifted the title.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Spike said:

Not really, it isn't about who he plays for. He won the League last season and was considered the best player in the team that did so, that brought Kante's name to the forefront, not playing for Chelsea. He was low-profile when he joined Leicester and he was high-profile by the time he lifted the title.

we're not talking about profile though? Dan's saying he was good for all of last season, not just a bit of last season and now this season. 

6 hours ago, Romesh said:

we're not talking about profile though? Dan's saying he was good for all of last season, not just a bit of last season and now this season. 

But that is my point; profile and plaudits are connected. No one is going to praise something they don't know exists. For instance I can't talk about the best player in the Hungarian First League because I've never seen him or play or even know who he is. Now everybody knows who Kante is, he receives more praise.

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

As in, summer? 

there was discussion on TalkSport after last night's matches and Cundy was getting slated for saying Mourinho is past it and isn't cutting it at Utd. He got lambasted for slating Chelsea's greatest ever manager xD (He supports Chelsea). He said Mourinho will be sacked if Utd aren't in top 4 next season come Christmas time. 

There was another troll who called up saying Utd haven't spent anything this summer, quite clearly drunk looking for bites xD 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
Just now, Cannabis said:

Another relegation battle. 

You obviously know more than me but from a neutral point of view I think you're having a bit of a purple patch because of the breath of fresh air Craig has been. I'm not doubting the man's tactical ability as so far he's got it spot on but does he have what it takes to bring in the right players in the summer? Will he be able to keep the likes of Mahrez and Vardy who could be linked with moves away? Will he be able to rally the troops and be this good for the length of a full season as opposed to a few months? 

I'm not saying he's shite or anything I just think that going with a more established manager may reap better rewards.

Fair enough. Was intrigued to know what would constitute failure for him as much as anything. I agree, as it happens.

It could well be a purple patch, but I just think there are so many similarities in the way we're playing to how we were playing last year as a side that won the league that it isn't quite that simple.

I feel safe with him in charge. I feel almost like all along he was possibly the one behind a lot of it.

If Vardy or Mahrez leave it won't be down to him, it will be down to having better offers. If Shakespeare can't keep them here, no-one will. They all like him. I've got it on very good authority they liked him a lot more than Ranieri all along.

Recruitment however I will give you. The jury is out there. When Walsh was here I had automatic faith in anyone we signed, since him it's gone pear shaped, although kudos to whoever pulled Ndidi out of the bag.

For me he's earned an opportunity. If we don't give it to him we better have something very decent lined up our sleeve. 

• Subscriber
On 4/5/2017 at 7:42 PM, Stan said:

there was discussion on TalkSport after last night's matches and Cundy was getting slated for saying Mourinho is past it and isn't cutting it at Utd. He got lambasted for slating Chelsea's greatest ever manager xD (He supports Chelsea). He said Mourinho will be sacked if Utd aren't in top 4 next season come Christmas time. 

There was another troll who called up saying Utd haven't spent anything this summer, quite clearly drunk looking for bites xD 

Talksport lets itself down. It's a shame because they do raise some very decent debates every now and then, but then you hear the way they go on at times and it's so obvious they're talking shit for the sake of it.

I actually quite warmed to Durham, I think every now and then he absolutely nails it, but he goes and ruins it. Calling us a disgrace for Tuesday because we brought on Ulloa and went direct xD yet if we hadn't have done it he'd be saying why didn't we change our tactics.

It's a piece of piss really isn't it when you can see both sides of the coin. Just emphasise on one and watch the calls roll in.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Leicester being a mid-table side that has to look over their shoulders a bit at the bottom three, wouldn't be a bad season for them next season.

I agree it would be not bad, although I'm personally quite ambitious, and would like to see us gunning for the Europa.

That could change based on how we finish this season. I mean we aren't even safe yet, but I see West Brom in 8th and I don't think they're uncatchable for us at all.

10 hours ago, Dan said:

I agree it would be not bad, although I'm personally quite ambitious, and would like to see us gunning for the Europa.

That could change based on how we finish this season. I mean we aren't even safe yet, but I see West Brom in 8th and I don't think they're uncatchable for us at all.

Personally, I think you have no chance of that. 

English players always get a chance at top clubs, the only reason Fabian Delph, Stewart Downing, Ashley Young, Gareth Barry and James Milner played at the clubs they've been able to is because they're English and fill a quota.

Foreign imports don't hold back our youngsters, they improve them as they're often some of the best in Europe or the world at their age group.

People look back at pre-2000s with nostalgia but really the quality of football has improved in England since the influx of foreign players and our lads can only benefit.

I believe the Premier league has the strongest mid table teams in any league and they will continue to become stronger, but I don't think the "Top" teams will be as good as the top teams in Germany, Spain, maybe even Italy with Juve.

I think Scholes is wrong, Rashford won't be a world beater like Ronaldo. I think at his best he'll be like Rooney and be hyped by England but never truly do anything that impressive.

I think within 3 years one of the Milan's will rise again but only one, the other will toil away for the next decade if not a little more. I don't know which though.

I think Joey Barton is a better CM than a number of CM's that England has had on the national team in the past.

I apologize for the clutter from last three points, I'm at work at those things just hopped into my head.

Edited by Dickie

3 minutes ago, Dickie said:

I think Joey Barton is a better CM than a number of CM's that England has had on the national team in the past.

I apologize for the clutter from last three points, I'm at work at those things just hopped into my head.

I agree with this. Barton could pass the ball in tight spaces. Something Scott Parker, Barry and Milner were useless at. He would have been in my Euro 2012 team.

On 21/04/2017 at 9:36 PM, Danny said:

English players always get a chance at top clubs, the only reason Fabian Delph, Stewart Downing, Ashley Young, Gareth Barry and James Milner played at the clubs they've been able to is because they're English and fill a quota.

Foreign imports don't hold back our youngsters, they improve them as they're often some of the best in Europe or the world at their age group.

People look back at pre-2000s with nostalgia but really the quality of football has improved in England since the influx of foreign players and our lads can only benefit.

There is no one to benefit. As long as Englands young footballers are brought up as kick and rush champions you will develop fuck all. You might see some talent in the next 5-10 years or so as clubs like Liverpool actually start teaching football perhaps.

13 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

I agree with this. Barton could pass the ball in tight spaces. Something Scott Parker, Barry and Milner were useless at. He would have been in my Euro 2012 team.

I never understood why Barry was on that team. He has always been overrated in my opinion. I've kinda always liked Milner. But I honestly think Parker and Barry could have been replaced by Barton easily.

14 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I said this on the old forum but Joey Barton is criminally underrated because people don't like him. If you forget what he has done wrong in his career you will find a very good player.

I always transferred for him in fifa pre 2015. People just always slagged him because he was a tool sometimes, which isn't wrong but a lot of players are dingus's and we still hold them in high regard.

Edited by Dickie

• The title was changed to Unpopular Football Opinions