talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2017/18 - 26-27th September, 2017

football forum

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's happening with Forest? 3 defeats in a row in the league, 6 losses so far this season. A decentish start seems to have gone to pot this month. One win over Sunderland but lost to Wednesday, Wolves, Villa, Fulham and they've got Sheffield United next at home. 

7 hours ago, Danny said:

What's happening with Forest? 3 defeats in a row in the league, 6 losses so far this season. A decentish start seems to have gone to pot this month. One win over Sunderland but lost to Wednesday, Wolves, Villa, Fulham and they've got Sheffield United next at home. 

We were miles better than Forest when we played them at theirs. I wasn't impressed by them.

They have improved from the shambles they were last season for sure, but they are still some way off challenging for playoffs for me. All the teams you mentioned I would expect them to lose to also, besides Sunderland.

I just think they have been found out very quickly.

Yep not impressed with Forest best I've seen so far was Cardiff and it's more a case of organisation rather than skill. They just look well drilled Warnock is the big Sam/ Pulis of this division. It has to be said we were poor against them but credit where it's due they'll turn you over if you don't fancy it.

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

how long you reckon it can last?

It won't last of course but I think we've got a coach and the right foundations and momentum to finish in the top half by christmas, then take it from there. Crazy to think that before last season but that's football.

656 minutes without a goal.

That's almost 11 hours of professional football in the second tier of England without a fucking goal.

It's embarrassing, and it's only going to get worse. There's no fight (we've had to sign a geriatric Karl shitbag Henry to try to instil some midfield bite ffs), no finesse, and no confidence. Yes, we've had a mare of a summer with horrible embargo restrictions, resulting in us signing the rejects nobody else wanted, but this is beyond poor. I can't see where the next win/point/goal/shot on fucking target is coming from.

9 hours ago, Lucas said:

We were miles better than Forest when we played them at theirs. I wasn't impressed by them.

They have improved from the shambles they were last season for sure, but they are still some way off challenging for playoffs for me. All the teams you mentioned I would expect them to lose to also, besides Sunderland.

I just think they have been found out very quickly.

In fairness we've scored three goals against two teams this season, Bolton and Forest..

Important win for us at home to Rotherham after only picking up 2 points from our last 2 games. Had we beaten Wimbledon then a point at Shrewsbury would have been a decent return, but it was a horrible game against Wimbledon. Back on track with a comfortable win and we played some very good attacking football first half we should have been a few goals up at least at HT. Chapman is our super sub at the moment, he can change a game with his direct running and now he has his first goal. Also pleased to see Antonsson doing pretty well getting some goals and looking impressive coming off the wing. He is clearly a talent but in his first few games he was off the pace due to not playing regularly for a year at Leeds. Gillingham at home up next is a great chance to build on the win, but I dread that it could be another Wimbledon :( 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived