talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Shooting in Las Vegas; Worst Massacre in US History

football forum

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Rumours that the gunlady (is that what they're called?) is dead. 

Of course not, in a world where people are sane guns are a fantastic method of self defence however allowing anyone to buy one just doesn't work and leads to events like this. Crazy to suggest that in order to stop these incidents from happening more people should be armed.

Shooter is none gender specific and we don’t know if she identifies as a male or a Klingon with an elongated clitoris at present so best not to speculate. 

On American guns it’s fairly simple the solution, allow arms but regulate who you sell to, operate a license where physiological evaluations and gun safety courses are mandatory with routine checks and it will solve the problem. Also statically gun deaths are apparently coming down in the states were just much more aware because it drives internet traffic so it’s pushed up the news. That’s apparently I’ve not fact checked the actual number

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that gun crime has gone down in the US, yet we're now hearing more about gun violence is sort of astounding. Pretty bad domestic problem to be having on a regular basis. I don't understand the people in America who are supportive of virtually no gun regulation - the gun enthusiasts I know are all in support of the types of things @Fairy In Boots listed. And why wouldn't you be if you're a responsible gun owner? It's the lunatics shooting people and then the people saying "nah we should let these people still have guns" that make responsible gun owners look like backward idiots.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The fact that gun crime has gone down in the US, yet we're now hearing more about gun violence is sort of astounding. Pretty bad domestic problem to be having on a regular basis. I don't understand the people in America who are supportive of virtually no gun regulation - the gun enthusiasts I know are all in support of the types of things @Fairy In Boots listed. And why wouldn't you be if you're a responsible gun owner? It's the lunatics shooting people and then the people saying "nah we should let these people still have guns" that make responsible gun owners look like backward idiots.

You’re talking what 100 million gun owners that aren’t killing people everyday? It’s is bizarre 

5 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

You’re talking what 100 million gun owners that aren’t killing people everyday? It’s is bizarre 

There are a shit ton of shootings every day in the US though (look at this - www.gunviolencearchive.org/last-72-hours). Not all of them are lethal, but there's a hell of a lot of gun crime. And with 1/3 Americans being a gun owner, that's not to be unexpected. Because that's a lot of people, and a large number of the population is stupid and/or crazy. That's not an American thing - that's a population of the world thing.

Guns should be hard to get. I don't think there's a problem with responsible people having guns and having it as a hobby. But if you're going to use a gun for crime, or if you're stupid or unstable you shouldn't have one.

• Administrator

17 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Shooter was a woman and is dead that’s been confirmed 

shame was hoping this was gonna be true...

17 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Shooter is none gender specific and we don’t know if she identifies as a male or a Klingon with an elongated clitoris at present so best not to speculate. 

On American guns it’s fairly simple the solution, allow arms but regulate who you sell to, operate a license where physiological evaluations and gun safety courses are mandatory with routine checks and it will solve the problem. Also statically gun deaths are apparently coming down in the states were just much more aware because it drives internet traffic so it’s pushed up the news. That’s apparently I’ve not fact checked the actual number

Someone I know knows the shooter & says they've always been a bit weird. She was Persian & from San Diego too, so a lot of the local Persian community is worried this is going to make bigots think Persians are terrorists like the 70s and 80s... which is thankfully something I don't really have to worry about, as I just look like a standard white bloke who is perhaps just a bit hairier than the average standard white bloke xD

Apparently this woman had public outbursts all the time over small things. So if her primary income revenue was from youtube (which is a bit silly), and she's known to fly off the handle for little things and this would be a big thing... makes sense that an unstable person might have an unstable response to something big. Sort of highlights that even in a state with "strict" gun laws, if someone that unstable can get a gun and shoot people... those laws are probably not as strict as they could be.

Also I'm glad she's the only casualty.

Cultures so vastly different will always have a hard time co-existing especially when they think everyone who isn't one of them is evil. Vegans need to be deported back to Greenland.

Archived