talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2018 Deathsweep

football forum

• Administrator

At the start of the year at work, we had our predictions who’d die this year. Little bit of morbid competitive fun. Nothing sinister: One of our guys went for Bruce Forsyth, pretty obvious choice really: 

So now I’ve conveyed my usual laborious intro, it’s suffice to say I wasn’t expecting Rock ledge Tom Petty to die. I grew up listening to him so a bit of my childhood died today also.

... And Ronnie Wood & Keith Richards live on.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, Batard said:

At the start of the year at work, we had our predictions who’d die this year. Little bit of morbid competitive fun. Nothing sinister: One of our guys went for Bruce Forsyth, pretty obvious choice really: 

So now I’ve conveyed my usual laborious intro, it’s suffice to say I wasn’t expecting Rock ledge Tom Petty to die. I grew up listening to him so a bit of my childhood died today also.

we do this on FoxesTalk xD 

everyone gets 5 picks at start of the year with one under 40s 'bonus'.

This year I went for:
Fats Domino
Des O'Connor
Burt Bacharach
Pele
David Dickinson

Under 40s
Macaulay Culkin

• Administrator
Just now, Cannabis said:

I was actually thinking of doing a deadpool but thought that it wouldn't go down well with some sections of the forum xD. Bruce Forsyth has been odds on favourite every year since 1987, as has Hugh Hefner. 

It was a mainstay of PESGaming back at its height; I think one year we got at least three spot on. 

• Administrator
Just now, Stan said:

This year I went for:
Fats Domino
Des O'Connor
Burt Bacharach
Pele
David Dickinson

Under 40s
Macaulay Culkin

I’m still expecting a Hollywood 80s action hero to croak. Torn between Chuck Norris or Stallone. That said Harrison Ford looks fucked

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Probably not worth kicking off as it's October but probably well worth setting this up in 2018 for all the sick fucks people who love forum games.

It used to run continuously on PESGaming so I’m happy to keep the format running as it was there.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

This year I went for:
Fats Domino
Des O'Connor
Burt Bacharach
Pele
David Dickinson

Under 40s
Macaulay Culkin

Dea was a bloody good shout. He’ll cling on though. All that perma tanning keeping him preserved 

• Administrator
Just now, Batard said:

Dea was a bloody good shout. He’ll cling on though. All that perma tanning keeping him preserved 

5 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Prince Phillip is the every year shout that never seems to happen.

Zsa Zsa Gabor is usually a first pick. 100 years old. Bound to go soon. 

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

I'm having @Any O'Brien for next year too. Bound to have another skiing accident next summer and I'm having the points when it happens.

Not doing Ibiza next year so the odds go down if you're taking holidays into account, surprised I have survived three years in a row. My body needs a break from 7 day drug/alcohol binges.

4 hours ago, Batard said:

Are you sure about that mate??? 

I know he was taken into hospital with a suspected heart attack and some reports are stating he was found unresponsive but the LAPD have not got any confirmed death yet?? 

Not looking good I will grant you... 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Are you sure about that mate??? 

I know he was taken into hospital with a suspected heart attack and some reports are stating he was found unresponsive but the LAPD have not got any confirmed death yet?? 

Not looking good I will grant you... 

Think they (LAPD) just came out and said they haven't confirmed it yet so he may be alive but you figure there isn't much time left for him anyways.

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Isn't she dead?

I think Mick Jagger will go before Keith Richards tbh. He's older.

Oh shit. She died last December. Must have missed that! 

On 02/10/2017 at 9:44 PM, Cannabis said:

Probably not worth kicking off as it's October but probably well worth setting this up in 2018 for all the sick fucks people who love forum games.

I'd be up for that in 2018.

We used to have a deathpool in work (ironic considering we work in the NHS) and everyone had to pick one celebrity to put into it, to which then the names of those taken part were randomly put into envelopes of each celebrity (to have a fair pool). Some were obvious and some had health issues (eg. John Hartson), but then you had stupid ones like Cristiano Ronaldo and Britney Spears.

First to go was Michael Jackson, only three weeks after we started. I won £350 after Gaddafi was killed and the favourite to go through it was Kirk Douglas. He outlived the deathpool. xD

• 3 weeks later...

Archived