• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Harvey Weinstein & the Great Hollywood sex scandal

football forum

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Danny said:

Not surprising, absolute scum and I hope more are reeled off as a result of this. Hopefully women and the few men involved in this can work to a point this is publicly exposed off.

Its a shame what being in a powerful position and being male can do for you when you are an absolute cunt.

Because sexual harassment & assault is gender specific 👍🏻

13 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Because sexual harassment & assault is gender specific 👍🏻

Well no it's not but so far about 30 women have come out over the groping compared to one man? So it's a pretty fair assumption to make

Imagine the fat swets Harry Weinstein must have got when Seth MacFarlane said to that actress on stage at the Oscars: "Congratulations! Now you no longer have to pretend you fancy Havey Weinstein".

I'm glad it's all being exposed but it's somewhat concerning this seedy behaviour has occurred in recent times. You could almost expect it in the initial years of Hollywood but you'd like to think that such a powerful industry would have moved on.

On 11/10/2017 at 3:53 PM, Stan said:

what have they said? did they sleep with him too?!

Sorry for the late reply.  Apparently the duo forced a media house to kill a story in the past. 

@topic

Ben Affleck has come out looking like bigger arsehole. I won't be surprised if he and Aquaman( whose "I get to rape beautiful women"  video is out now)  are kept away from Justice League promotions. 

1 hour ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Ben Affleck has come out looking like bigger arsehole. I won't be surprised if he and Aquaman( whose "I get to rape beautiful women"  video is out now)  are kept away from Justice League promotions. 

The comment from Jason Momoa was in poor taste (though for context reasons, it was related to his Game of Thrones character), but the SJW's have been heavily criticising what he said........in 2011.

Where were the cries then?

The Jason Momoa "controversy" is absolute bullshit. The Harvery Weinstein stuff is a serious issue but to conflate it with non-situations undermines its seriousness but that's what airhead feminists on social media are great at (this is a comment on a particular brand of feminism, not on feminism as a whole so calm down).

51 minutes ago, 6666 said:

The Jason Momoa "controversy" is absolute bullshit. The Harvery Weinstein stuff is a serious issue but to conflate it with non-situations undermines its seriousness but that's what airhead feminists on social media are great at (this is a comment on a particular brand of feminism, not on feminism as a whole so calm down).

Where was the outrage in 2011?  Fucking idiots. Wouldn't even mind but it was at a fucking comic-con, in jest, couple with laughing about ripping tongues out ffs.

May I add that,  I am not putting a daft(terrible but daft)  joke made by someone who got a little too excited (which happens at big events)  at par with Weinstein's actions.  But you can bet the Sjw brigade are gonna come after the movie. 

Would be interesting to see how it affects it.  Sometimes these controversies actually help.

He showed his lack of skill as a stand up comedian and absolutely bombed. When his first joke didn't really work his playing with the audience about their reaction was too weak for him to go into the 2nd and 3rd joke, but he did anyway. His point about if you're offended you should leave is true in a comedy store, but presenting awards? There are boundaries there.

On 10/14/2017 at 8:49 AM, Aaroncpfc said:

Imagine the fat swets Harry Weinstein must have got when Seth MacFarlane said to that actress on stage at the Oscars: "Congratulations! Now you no longer have to pretend you fancy Havey Weinstein".

Alternatively, imagine being Seth McFarlane and patting yourself on the back for making a cute joke about someone you know to be a sexual predator instead of reporting them to the authorities.

Never found James Corden funny.  His carpool karaoke is pure cringe,  but this latest outrage over those lame jokes is a little OTT.

1 hour ago, Burning Gold said:

Alternatively, imagine being Seth McFarlane and patting yourself on the back for making a cute joke about someone you know to be a sexual predator instead of reporting them to the authorities.

The woman in question,  Jessica Barth,  who confided to him had specifically requested Macfarlane to not report.  Reckon he respected her privacy and there's nothing wrong in that. 

23 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Never found James Corden funny.  His carpool karaoke is pure cringe,  but this latest outrage over those lame jokes is a little OTT.

The woman in question,  Jessica Barth,  who confided to him had specifically requested Macfarlane to not report.  Reckon he respected her privacy and there's nothing wrong in that. 

Nothing wrong with it apart from allowing a known sexual predator to keep victimising women, of course.

Has nobody ever heard of the "Casting Couch" ?

Weinstein will be the tip of the Iceberg as Hollywood, the people behind the movie making business & film industry in general have been abusing those who have that need to make it in front of the camera.

Errol Flynn would often give interviews to media people while a hopeful startlet would be on her knees earning her "extra" position in his film with her mouth.

And of course, Errol didnt mind if the person on their knees had a tail or not, which went for many more of the stars of that time. It's not just girls who have been used in this manner. I remember reading a long time ago James Dean earn't his way to the top, by being a bottom.

It's about time someone stepped forward, as we found with the youth team coaches football problem, once one finds that bravery to come forward, others step up with as bad experiences. I feel there will be many more "names" accused over the coming months. I hope they all exposed for what they are.

6 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Has nobody ever heard of the "Casting Couch" ?

Weinstein will be the tip of the Iceberg as Hollywood, the people behind the movie making business & film industry in general have been abusing those who have that need to make it in front of the camera.

Errol Flynn would often give interviews to media people while a hopeful startlet would be on her knees earning her "extra" position in his film with her mouth.

And of course, Errol didnt mind if the person on their knees had a tail or not, which went for many more of the stars of that time. It's not just girls who have been used in this manner. I remember reading a long time ago James Dean earn't his way to the top, by being a bottom.

It's about time someone stepped forward, as we found with the youth team coaches football problem, once one finds that bravery to come forward, others step up with as bad experiences. I feel there will be many more "names" accused over the coming months. I hope they all exposed for what they are.

Hollywood is absolutely ripe for sexual misconduct and always has been. You've got rich, powerful (usually) men holding all the cards, and young, beautiful (usually) women who are desperate to break into the industry to an extent that simply isn't true of most other industries.

A friend who's a budding actor casually told me that Dominic Cooper got his break by fellating Kevin Spacey. It's "just what happens".

• Subscriber

What a surprise; a powerful mogul coercing young attractive people into sex with many agreeing to do it in order to boost their careers. The industry has always been completely fucked up, this has been well known for years.

On 11/10/2017 at 8:25 PM, 6666 said:

Rose McGowan being a bit psycho/stupid is making all of this harder to follow.

I said that before she was suspended on twitter and it made sense that she was suspended. She's back and she's still crazy.

4 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

Weinstein would have made one phone call and destroyed his career.

10 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

Nothing wrong with it apart from allowing a known sexual predator to keep victimising women, of course.

You really belive he had an option?  

The woman in question would have hated him for not respecting her privacy/wishes.   And he wouldn't have enough evidence to bring Weinstein down.  You do realise Weinstein made 8 settlements in the past.  This would have been his ninth,  and Macfarlane's career would have gone down the drain. 

@topic

Oliver Stone is now being outed. Louis CK is the next. 

This thing has also had a global impact in the sense that Harvey Weinstein's of other countries are bring outed online. 

Famous men take advantage of women, like yewtree this will be a case of once the noise quietens down sorting out who’s actually crossed the line and who’s just took opportunities that naturally arise as a famous man in which women can throw themselves at you. 

Archived