talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Another Road Traffic Accident in London

football forum

2 hours ago, Stan said:

don't know if Uber are banned. thought the news at that time was just that the license wasn't to be renewed. 

Anyway, not saying it's racist, it's just that some people's reaction, sadly, is to think it was terrorism and immediately go straight for the ban Islam angle. 

Wholeheartedly agree he needs to face justice. As would be the case whatever nationality or background he held? 

'with the way info was coming out'. What info though? Until something is officially confirmed, is it not best to hold off any comments or judgements? That's why I was saying about people hoping it would be someone of Asian descent so that they could be vindicated in what they believe. 

The way the world has changed it’s a combo of social media & news, the bbc initially reported it in a style they use for a terror incident however they didn’t say terror in fairness. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Stopped reading this thread properly about 10 posts in because I've read it a dozen times before.

If indeed this was terrorism then we can look on the bright side if the government are trying to "cover it up" or whatever. The obsession with publicly naming terrorists is damaging as it riles up people who want to be angry at ISIS/Muslims and it provides infamy to the terrorists themselves and glorifies them among the extremist Muslim groups, both things which ISIS and similar organisations feed off following incidents like this. More exposure for terrorist related attacks leads to a better chance of radicalisation of individuals on both sides.

That said, the chances of this being any sort of cover up or even a twisting of the truth seems almost impossible to me given that even if the government and police's official line was that it isn't terror related when it was, one of the media outlets would pick up on something and keep the story going as they aren't controlled by the authorities.

2 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

@SirBalonI also don’t want it to be a terror attack, I have no wish for a loss of human life. But to some degree I want it to get through to the average British citizen that we have a fucking huge problem here not just with terror but intergration as a whole. I’ve half given up though the British citizen seemingly doesn’t care, they’re more concerned with calling out people for perceived racial insensitivity than demanding actual change from politicians. 

I find anyone more concerned with the language people use when being critical of the religion or it’s followers utterly bizarre. We’re not even several months past the slaughter of young girls at a concert, or the mowing down of people on Tower Bridge. Revelations about what is essentially a national sexual abuse epidemic where our sisters, daughters, nieces whatever are being systematically raped over the last 15 years if not longer, and the national response is to go “well can’t say anything it’s racist”. People are more focused on telling you what you can & can’t say. It’s almost like some bizarre form of Stockholm syndrome. 

The fact is that even though sadly in everyday incidents anywhere in the world and in Britain there are people that lose their lives, it's a marker of where we are when there seem to be people almost hoping that the incident is terror related.  There seems to be a media race from the crap side of journalism looking for any type of angle (purposefully searching for it) which aims the finger at Islam.  

Don't get me wrong...  I don't mince my words when something occurs in the nature of terrorism, any kind of terrorism from any group.  In saying this, I don't generalise and I also don't put everyone of a particular society in the same bag.

As for "not being able to say anything racist", well of course not!  When did you ever get the idea (if this is the case) that it's ok to say anything racist or xenophobic?  It's never ok!  NEVER!  Idiots can't help being idiots...  Idiocy isn't a disease and people can't be cured from it.  I am also not a believer that a person that remains stuck in his little hole wherever he or she may live will ever be able to be taught ethics and understanding.  The only way to amend idiocy is to subject people to a harsh reality and stick them in the middle of their fears....  Most phobias are cured this way and the ones that aren't... Well... The ones that aren't cured are un-curable and even if they are, it's too much work and they should be put away for society's safety.

The worst part are people of this inclination being permitted to be parents.  I am firmly against this as bigotry is very contagious, especially to sensitive minds like young children.  Anyway...  I don't want to continue with semantics to be honest.

My comment was aimed at how morbid society has become.  How sensationalist everyone is and how the some cheap media outlets are designed to motion themselves around providing the product these types seem to have a hunger for.

There are societies on this planet that want to separate themselves from the rest that live amongst them.  Those societies aren't just made up of religious types, but also race and even worse for me at least are those that pick and choose at every single little detail that makes all of us different including the aforementioned.  Using that mindset makes anyone of any type drawn into it exactly the same at different levels of extremity.

Terrorists are worse than bad drivers, obviously. But careless fucking idiots shouldn't be behind a car.

Not all of these kinds of incidents are going to be terrorism. Remember the Times Square crash? That was a drunk former US-armed forces servicemen... not a terrorist. Just a fucking idiot. Pretty recently here (I doubt it made international news), some old fucking idiot lady crashed her car into a store and killed and injured a lot of people.

I'll echo those saying it's pretty fucked up we've got people here that seemingly are hoping that this news could be directed to a Muslim, so as to justify their hatred of all things Islam. But this is the world we live in, where fear of radical Islamic terror has successfully turned big groups of people into a rabidly anti-Muslim frenzy.

In any case, if this cunt is a bad driver he deserves to have the maximum criminal penalty applicable to him. And if he's a terrorist, he should be done up with attempted murder and whatever terror charges can be tacked on with that. Either way, the guy is a fucking arsehole and should face his punishment.

Archived