talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Donations

football forum

First of all, a massive thank you to all of you who have donated to make the forum what it is so far. The current buzz wouldn't have happened without you.

As none of us are millionaires, the forum still requires some donations to keep things running. These costs are mainly for the license and hosting although there are plans to advertise the forum via Facebook and Google which will allow us to attract new members easily in the short term.

If you have would like to contribute financially to the forum, we have a donation link currently set up via JustGiving: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/tff2

As I'm planning on binning JustGiving after the 30 days are up, I've set up a TF365 PayPal account for anyone that wishes to help out.

PayPal email: hello@talkfootball365.com

All donations are greatly appreciated. Hopefully we can return the community to it's former glory.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Ubuntu said:

@Rab - Thanks for doing this. Just donated, so it's nice to be able to have this place running as well as it is. 

You're welcome and thanks for the generous donation. I'll try and keep it running as smoothly as possible.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Ubuntu said:

Could we do paid memberships to help with the costs? Paid members get added benefits, maybe SUPPORTER written instead of Member? 

Just thinking of ideas. 

It's something we have spoke about although we've been hesitant as we weren't sure as to how people would react to paying for privileges etc.

I was thinking maybe just some sort of donation subscription of £5 that people could sign up for if they are wanting to contribute. 

Just now, Rab said:

It's something we have spoke about although we've been hesitant as we weren't sure as to how people would react to paying for privileges etc.

I was thinking maybe just some sort of donation subscription of £5 that people could sign up for if they are wanting to contribute. 

Fair enough - Again, I want to stress how much I appreciate the work you all are putting in. 

I'll donate annually if needed. 

- May seem weird or silly to you Europeans, but I have been on TFF and here for so many years, you have no idea how much I enjoy this. 

(For those that don't know, I was at once known as tide. )

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

What about running a sweepstake on a certain games every week by paying something and the website gets to keep a percentage of the takings, or is that something that will need to have a gambling licence,  Its just just an idea. 

sweepstake every week will become quite costly!

12 hours ago, Rab said:

Currently averaging around £30 per month which is without advertising the forum. As soon as we do that it'll potentially go up to about £80 per month.

What are the differences from where we're hosted to say godaddy where they offer hosting with supposedly unmetered storage and bandwith ( as long as it complies with their Hosting Agreement which they say It’s very rare for a website to violate and is typically only seen in sites that use hosting for file sharing or storage) and they give you a free .com domain if you get a yearly plan for just about £3,3 p/m for the first year, and £6,3 from there?

The hardware is the main difference. GoDaddy will put you on a shared server with thousands of other websites. So if one of those websites where to get a massive spike in activity there is a chance your website will go down.

Forums are resource intensive so you need all the resources available solely to you for it to be a smooth experience. That's why the forum is running ridiculously smooth because the server is only dealing with what this forum is asking of it. The server we're on is usually £240 per month so we've got some of the best hardware behind it.

9 minutes ago, Rab said:

The hardware is the main difference. GoDaddy will put you on a shared server with thousands of other websites. So if one of those websites where to get a massive spike in activity there is a chance your website will go down.

Forums are resource intensive so you need all the resources available solely to you for it to be a smooth experience. That's why the forum is running ridiculously smooth because the server is only dealing with what this forum is asking of it. The server we're on is usually £240 per month so we've got some of the best hardware behind it.

Yeah figured the hardware would be the difference, it's great if we indeed have a dedicated server.

13 hours ago, Rab said:

Just like with iWeb

2 minutes ago, StanLCFC said:

Many thanks for the generous donation :)

no worries mate, I love this forum and the people here. Much better than any other fan based forums where people talk one dimensionally most of the time. 

• Upvote 2

I feel guilty for not being able to contribute. I'll try my best. No promises sadly. :|

I'll happily point people towards TF365 regardless of this. I have some people in mind.

Edited by Cure

• 2 weeks later...

The JustGiving account pays out in 5 days. When it does, we're planning on putting some of the money towards Google Ads which should help bringing in fresh faces to the forum. I've noticed the last few days there has been a lack of new members which is to be expected as we're a new forum technically and don't have the content history behind us for Google to rank us high on Google.

Thumbs up to everyone. We're looking good. Hopefully everyone is enjoying the forum.

• Upvote 3

Mate is the just giving account your funds available?  I'm happy to donate whenever you need it. Just thought I'd stagger mine so you had some money coming in further down the pipeline. If you need it now let me know...

• The topic was unpinned