• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup 2018: Russia - General Chat

football forum

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although no one likes to see likes of Netherlands or possibly Argentina to miss out but i like this change of faces at the coming World Cup, regular participants from the past two or three World Cups like Cameroon,Ghana,Algeria missing out Ivory Coast,USA and Australia not there yet either and lots of teams coming back to the World Cup.

Poland and Saudi Arabia back after 2006 Tunisia almost there also. Egypt coming back after 28 years and Peru might do it after 30+ years,Senegal also in good position to qualify after 2002, Morocco also can qualify after 1998. Iceland making there debut and possibly Ireland or Northern Ireland might qualify as well.

Change is good

6876acc50c19a25ecaa11691f688c916.png

ROAD TO RUSSIA

who's qualified so far... (updated 10/10/2017)

HOST NATION

RUSSIA

UEFA_logo_2012.png

BELGIUM

ENGLAND

GERMANY

ICELAND

POLAND

SERBIA

SPAIN

conmebol.png

BRAZIL

CONCACAF-logo.png

COSTA RICA

MEXICO

The-Asian-Football-Confederation-AFC_spo

IRAN

JAPAN

SAUDI ARABIA

SOUTH KOREA

CAF-LOGO.png

EGYPT

NIGERIA

• Subscriber

Germany's to lose for me.

A lot would've fancied Argentina to push for it and Chile to be a dark horse and yet it's plausible that one of them will miss out altogether.

France I think will make the semis. Don't really rate Deschamps. Their squad is as good as anyone's but I'm not convinced they get the most out of them.

I predict if England meet Iceland again we'll lose again.

It's mental that you've potentially got Bale, Ronaldo and Messi all not at this tournament.

England I think are absolutely nailed on for a group stage exit. We've not improved since two years ago - although I'm not sure even Southgate will produce as absurd decision making as Hodgson did. I think you'd be hard pushed to see a worse tournament performance from any manager ever than Hodgson at the last Euros.

Aside from the usual suspects, Brazil won't be a million miles away to be fair. They are looking much better now than they did four years ago on their own turf with the likes of Neymar, Gabriel Jesus, Coutinho, Firmino, Willian, Alex Sandro etc. Obviously there is the classic argument of whether they can do it in Europe as statistically it's always been their Achilles heel but I definitely expect semi's for them at least. 

The World Cup has a funny habit of throwing up surprises, especially when you think about the likes of Costa Rica and Ghana in recent years. At Euro 2016, I tipped Poland as my dark horse. And I think they have an outside shot too albeit a slim one. They seem to be getting better and better as a team, again qualifying with ease. And I have to say, they look very good again to fit that dark horse role. You would think they would be accustomed to Russian conditions as well. If Lewandowski fires, they will be a threat.

6876acc50c19a25ecaa11691f688c916.png

ROAD TO RUSSIA

who's qualified so far... (updated 11/10/2017)

HOST NATION

RUSSIA

UEFA_logo_2012.png

BELGIUM

ENGLAND

FRANCE

GERMANY

ICELAND

POLAND

PORTUGAL

SERBIA

SPAIN

conmebol.png

ARGENTINA

BRAZIL

COLOMBIA

URUGUAY

CONCACAF-logo.png

COSTA RICA

MEXICO

PANAMA

The-Asian-Football-Confederation-AFC_spo

IRAN

JAPAN

SAUDI ARABIA

SOUTH KOREA

CAF-LOGO.png

EGYPT

NIGERIA

I just noticed. The champions of each continent.

OFC - New Zealand: playoff vs Peru.

AFC - Australia: playoff vs Honduras.

CAF - Cameroon: eliminated

CONMEBOL - Chile: eliminated

CONCACAF - USA: eliminated

UEFA - Portugal: qualified

15 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I can see England drawing Panama and not beating them in the opening game.

Luis Tejada hattrick, then linked to Real Madrid.

Just now, Stan said:

Peru aren't getting to the quarter finals xD 

willing to bet on that as well. Happily donate £50 to the forum if they do. 

It will depend on who we get in the round of 16. I was being optimistic with the draw.

I think we will make it past the groups. If we get someone like Portugal, France or Argentina then we go home. If we get anyone like Poland or Costa Rica, we have a good chance.

That's not the mission though. Our mission this WC is to market Peru as a football name. As long as we do that, I'll be happy.

It has been edited @SirBalon ;) Keep in mind this is something I did because I'm bored. Not something serious of course, there are still bound to be mistakes. I'll make one for the forum once all the teams have been qualified.

6d4df3bb419beee1f7290f6c6d0598be.png

23 minutes ago, Blue said:

It has been edited @SirBalon ;) Keep in mind this is something I did because I'm bored. Not something serious of course, there are still bound to be mistakes. I'll make one for the forum once all the teams have been qualified.

6d4df3bb419beee1f7290f6c6d0598be.png

All I can fathom from that is that you really feel it's a Germany v Portugal final (that plus the first one).

My Portuguese brothers in Vauxhall will be loving this!!! xD

I ain't showing them it though just incase they believe it. ;)

I'm going for an Italy v Germany final.

Archived