Watford vs Arsenal, 17.30

Sunday 15th October, 2017
Brighton vs Everton, 13.30
Southampton vs Newcastle, 16.30

Monday 16th October, 2017
Leicester vs West Brom, 20.00

Cicero    396

Nailed on Palace score against us and get points xD

Liverpool/United has 0-0 written all over it. 

HK85    131

We're a few more games away from Koeman getting binned so there's always that. All I can take from games these days.

UNORTHODOX    10

It's gonna be another bus parking job by Mourinho, A draw would be a good result but a win over United at this stage could be vital for our confidence going forward.

Dan    226

Absolutely despise this fixture. We never ever beat West Brom at home. Away we've got a very tidy record, but at Leicester, West Brom get a result every time without fail. Even when we won the league they got a point here.

I'll be very surprised if it changes. This is where Shakespeare has to show what he's truly about. If he can't see after that Bournemouth performance in-particular that things aren't working and he persists with the same team and tactics then I think we need to look elsewhere. I can forgive mistakes. I can't forgive not learning from them.

Stan    868
6 hours ago, Dan said:

Absolutely despise this fixture. We never ever beat West Brom at home. Away we've got a very tidy record, but at Leicester, West Brom get a result every time without fail. Even when we won the league they got a point here.

I'll be very surprised if it changes. This is where Shakespeare has to show what he's truly about. If he can't see after that Bournemouth performance in-particular that things aren't working and he persists with the same team and tactics then I think we need to look elsewhere. I can forgive mistakes. I can't forgive not learning from them.

Only King and Amartey as fit midfielder. Time to experiment with something different. Or bring in a youngster. 

Batard    326

To be fair you could play Okazaki in central midfield and he’d do a decent job there. 

True Blue    154

Officially we have Morata and Kante out, with Drinkwater possibly fit. Palace with 0-17 and 7 lost out of 7 should be easy right? RIGHT? :/

True Blue    154
2 minutes ago, Batard said:

Morata is definitely out?

Reports say he could be fit for Roma, however both are not confirmed as out.

FOYM    102

Mane out, essentially one of our two teeth pulled straight out. If Utd don't beat us on Saturday then they aren't gonna win many points against the other top 6.

LFCMadLad    327
2 minutes ago, FOYM said:

Mane out, essentially one of our two teeth pulled straight out. If Utd don't beat us on Saturday then they aren't gonna win many points against the other top 6.

Mane, Lallana & Clyne out with Firmino & Coutinho not back from South America till Thursday night. 

We are gonna get royally fucked. 

Stan    868
5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Mane, Lallana & Clyne out with Firmino & Coutinho not back from South America till Thursday night. 

Lallana and Clyne haven't played in ages so they're not sudden misses or omissions to be fair. 

Dan    226
10 hours ago, Stan said:

Only King and Amartey as fit midfielder. Time to experiment with something different. Or bring in a youngster. 

It's absolutely beyond a joke that we're back in this situation again. It was beyond belief that it happened once, for it to happen again is scarcely believable.

Is Iborra injured too?

Dan    226
9 hours ago, Batard said:

To be fair you could play Okazaki in central midfield and he’d do a decent job there. 

We effectively play Okazaki as a defensive number ten if that's possible. We're not really 4-4-2, it's more 4-4-1-1, or as I know it 4-4-Oka-1.

Dan    226
25 minutes ago, FOYM said:

Interestingly they've had an incredibly favourable opening few games. I think they've played 7 of the bottom 9 so far.

Stan    868
14 minutes ago, Dan said:

It's absolutely beyond a joke that we're back in this situation again. It was beyond belief that it happened once, for it to happen again is scarcely believable.

Is Iborra injured too?

I heard he missed a training session but could be wrong. King and iborra it'll be if he's fit. 

Dan    226
Just now, Stan said:

I heard he missed a training session but could be wrong. King and iborra it'll be if he's fit. 

Could be quite premature but I wonder how ready they consider Choudhury.

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Pogba and Fellaini are out for United as well, so they'll be able to field a good team.

Stan    868
1 hour ago, Dan said:

Could be quite premature but I wonder how ready they consider Choudhury.

probably see him on the bench. 

Mel81x    56

Going for a comfortable loss to United and any hopes of our backline containing their attack is a dream. Having said that anything is possible really and a draw would be what I want out of this but a loss is surely where its headed in our current form and loss of players. 

As poor as we have been lately,  it would still be daft to play attacking football against us.  It makes sense to sit back and frustrate us.  Our defence will always give the opposition chances.  And who better to play that kind of football than Mourinho. 

Wouldn't be a bad idea to stick Dominic Solanke up top.  Looks more threatening than Sturridge. 

6666    170

Hoping Liverpool and Man Utd ends in a draw. To be honest, Mourinho might go to Anfield with that being his plan.

Our away trip to Watford will be difficult. Marco Silva is a solid manager and will know what he has to do to make us stuggle at both ends of the pitch, this is a manager that made Hull City come across as something other than an abomination of the team during his short time there so you know he's good.

Asura    84

Can see united parking the bus and scoring one on counter, liverpool's defense is weak and they are without their best player Mane so mourinho is going to frustrate them and score one on the counter. 

Havent seen a single watford match this season but Arsenal typically do well against lower end table teams so this should be a win, no excuses. 

On Wednesday, October 11, 2017 at 4:56 AM, IgnisExcubitor said:

As poor as we have been lately,  it would still be daft to play attacking football against us.  It makes sense to sit back and frustrate us.  Our defence will always give the opposition chances.  And who better to play that kind of football than Mourinho. 

Wouldn't be a bad idea to stick Dominic Solanke up top.  Looks more threatening than Sturridge. 

solanke? 😅 are you being serious, i hope not? 

Stan    868

Solanke would pass more than Sturridge and not shoot from the touchline all the time to be fair.

Aaroncpfc    307

In Fantasy Football I had a genius idea that once Aguero got injured I was going to replace him with Lukaku and make him captain as he destroys Palace then the following gameweek I was going to replace Lukaku with Morata and make him captain as he destroys Palace. Sods law Lukaku went missing and Morata is now injured.

Hopefully we can keep this down to a minimal 2-0 loss but put in a respectable performance to build confidence before we face Newcastle and West Ham.

Dan    226
1 hour ago, Aaroncpfc said:

In Fantasy Football I had a genius idea that once Aguero got injured I was going to replace him with Lukaku and make him captain as he destroys Palace then the following gameweek I was going to replace Lukaku with Morata and make him captain as he destroys Palace. Sods law Lukaku went missing and Morata is now injured.

Hopefully we can keep this down to a minimal 2-0 loss but put in a respectable performance to build confidence before we face Newcastle and West Ham.

On a side note at my Dad's old work they used to do a prediction league for just our results, literally win, draw or loss. Someone put us to lose every game and they won the league xD

Dan    226

Ndidi and Vardy both fit for us. That's a plus at least.

I swear I will flip if he starts that same XI we started at Bournemouth.

Toony    81

Southampton away, bit of a tough one.

They've been a bit unpredictable, we'll be solid at the back but not much quality in the final third. Can't see us scoring more than one goal. I'll go for 0-0 or a 1-0 loss.

Danny    136

The build up for the most boring "Derby" in England begins...United v Liverpool is more likely to put you to sleep

LFCMike    77

A goal within the first 10 minutes is vital for us. Without that I imagine there will be a lot of huffing and puffing from us but the bus will have already been well and truly parked so it will be very difficult to find a way through. Then we'll probably concede a stupid goal from a set piece or counter attack. Not confident at all given the form of both sides but we're due a league win against them and we're the first decent side they've played so who knows.

LFCMadLad    327
3 hours ago, Danny said:

The build up for the most boring "Derby" in England begins...United v Liverpool is more likely to put you to sleep

Boring but still the biggest league fixture in world football. 

Fergie used to give it a go and there were some cracking fixtures. Moyes, LVG & Mourinho however have made it such a turgid affair. 

0-3 United. 

Storts    319
5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Fergie used to give it a go and there were some cracking fixtures. Moyes, LVG & Mourinho however have made it such a turgid affair. 

0-3 United. 

Not even true anymore, even if it was previously, Real v Barca totally eclipses it now. Liverpool been out the limelight for too long

• Upvote 1

Cannabis    1,031
58 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Having a laugh aren't you? It's hardly even a big game anymore. 

• Upvote 1