• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup 2018 Qualifiers - Play-offs

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

@El_Loco
since Mexico defeated Brazil (copa confederation final) would you agree that they always play Brazil competitive and beat them sometimes (Olympic final and the cops america at Venezuelan)they play Brazil way more competitive than peru
, would you agree?

Yes. Mexico always makes it tough to us, specially since the Confederations Cup in 1999. Borgetti always scored against us. 😞

Anthony Hudson has begun with the excuses such as the fireworks being shot at 3 AM outside the hotel or the lasers pointed at Marinovic.

1. The hotel was soundproof (apparently)

2. I recall lasers being pointed at NZ in the Azteca.

Its clear he wasn't at all prepared to take on a side in this environment. If you're going to a South American country, you'd have to expect these things. We were excellent as a host. If it were Chile or Uruguay everyone would have spat at the Kiwis.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Belgium have had this "golden generation" for quite some time and yet nothing substantial has occurred.  This doesn't mean you have to win an international tournament because the competitiveness at that level is extreme and you also need a modem of luck to befall you.  But to name players doing well in various European leagues as a sign of something that can occur is over the top.

There's more to football than names!  Stop being such a glutton for marketing and make your own mind up by yourself.

Was this aimed at my Senegal comment?

Who said it had to do with names. I've seen most of their players and they are quality. I know you don't rate Koulibaly but come on... that is a good Senegal side.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived