Sign in to follow this  
HoneyNUFC

Strachan Resigns, Moyes Favourite For Scotland Job

Blue    148

Would have loved Batista to have knocked out Scotland as a manager like he did in the World Cup to Strachan.

Cannabis    1,027

I said when Scotland lost to Ireland that Strachan would go and Moyes would sign up. There's nowhere else for David to go and managing his national team is probably the best job he could have asked for, a perfect career for him would probably have been Preston, Everton, United and Scotland so it's rather ironic that he might get his wish after failing at United and doing poorly with Sociedad and Sunderland.

I don't know why he would turn it down so if the Scottish FA are interested then it's a no brianer.

Dr. Gonzo    195

I'm not sure Moyes is the best option for a national team. He's been in free-fall since leaving Everton, with his career really taking a tailspin with Sociedad and Sunderland.

Aaroncpfc    305

Whilst I think it would be the best career option for David Moyes I don't think a  Scottish Manager coming to the end of his Managerial Career is what Scotland need right now.

The type of candidate I imagine they'll be looking for is somebody with international tournament experience already or a forward thinking young coach overseas. The Spanish and South American coaches are used to working with midgets.

I wouldn't let Moyes coach a team of under-7's and his work isn't deserving of a national job. It would be wrong and send out the wrong message if he got the job. 

The list of Scottish managers out there is pretty poor, much like England pre-Southgate's appointment, and they should really look elsewhere for a manager. 

UNORTHODOX    10

Remember when Scottish managers used to get praised for being great managers until Fergie retired and Moyes ruined his career. Moyes is probably the best Scotland can hope for right now which says it all.

HoneyNUFC    1,010

Moyes' track record is significantly better than any Scottish manager Scotland have appointed in recent times.

He might have failed at Man Utd and struggled to find somewhere since but he did get to the point where he was Man Utd manager. Strachan, Levein, McCleish etc would be lucky to get a job in Greggs.

11 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Moyes' track record is significantly better than any Scottish manager Scotland have appointed in recent times.

He might have failed at Man Utd and struggled to find somewhere since but he did get to the point where he was Man Utd manager. Strachan, Levein, McCleish etc would be lucky to get a job in Greggs.

That shows how shit Scottish Football managers are and also how shit Moyes is. 

HoneyNUFC    1,010

There's no need for some world beating genius with nothing but a positive CV in order to get to Euro 2020. Chris Coleman and Michael O'Neill got to Euro 2016.

Cannabis    1,027
29 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

There's no need for some world beating genius with nothing but a positive CV in order to get to Euro 2020. Chris Coleman and Michael O'Neill got to Euro 2016.

It was pretty much impossible not to qualify for Euro 2016 - funny that Scotland still managed it though.

RandoEFC    368

Feel a bit sorry for Moyes to be honest, that Sunderland job was pretty much lose lose and football isn't what it was when he was successful at Everton.

This one I think would be a good move for him and a decent 'name' for Scotland but in terms of what Moyes is good at as a manager, you're looking at building a good squad with a small budget and building a strong core of a squad like he did with us. Neither of those things are applicable to international football where inspiring your players and being able to deploy effective tactics while spending limited time with your squad are more important. In both of these areas he's never been stand out so this would be a risky appointment for me.

What would suit him down to a tee would be making snide comments about club managers after they complain about players going on international duty before they're fully fit for the club and coming back with injuries.

Aaroncpfc    305
15 hours ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Remember when Scottish managers used to get praised for being great managers until Fergie retired and Moyes ruined his career. Moyes is probably the best Scotland can hope for right now which says it all.

It didn't help Malkay showed himself to be a racist- only Jamie Vardy can get away with that. 

It's unfortunate for Scotland that a managers life span is so short. Steve Clarke and Paul Lambert were getting creamed over at that time but one bad season has set themselves botj so far back one of them is not even being considered.

ScoRoss    42

Love how the Daily Record choose to refer to him as 'former Roma manager' when he was never in charge for a single game.

Batard    326
40 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Love how the Daily Record choose to refer to him as 'former Roma manager' when he was never in charge for a single game.

That is a really choice of club for them to reference given all the clubs he managed. He left Roma because his wife became seriously ill, are they expecting something untoward? 🤔