talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday 3 (Group H) - Tuesday 17th October, 2017

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

It's an excellent point because you're seeing REAL MADRID on the home scoreboard.  You're better than them right now by a decent margin and they're playing very nervously at home this season.  You should've gotten the three points but at the same time lady luck could've played you a bad turn and you could've come home with nothing, so in that sense it's good.  But they're there for the taking right now if you've been following La Liga with Real Madrid.

I agree with you - with more experience and confidence we'd have won here tonight, but first real big away CL test for this team and I'm immensely proud. No other Tottenham team for a very long time would have performed like that at Real Madrid 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
5 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Real Madrid couldn't beat a team with Harry Winks and Sissoko in midfield.

Time to retire Ronaldo :ph34r:

Both were sensational.

Poch is a miracle worker, what a shift from Sissoko 

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Real Madrid absolutely battered Spurs in the second half. No way that was a bad result for them.

I wouldn't say battered...  I'd say more like "played with anxiety" which is what that 'furious attacking play' has been labelled as in Spain this season.  It's not composed and they're playing at home.  Of course they're going to dominate various factors of proceedings but this is a game of details and Spurs had those details well mapped out by Pochettino.

Put it this way...  In Spain right now (the media) are saying Spurs deserved the victory and Real should feel happy with the draw.

Just now, SirBalon said:

I wouldn't say battered...  I'd say more like "played with anxiety" which is what that 'furious attacking play' has been labelled as in Spain this season.  It's not composed and they're playing at home.  Of course they're going to dominate various factors of proceedings but this is a game of details and Spurs had those details well mapped out by Pochettino.

Put it this way...  In Spain right now (the media) are saying Spurs deserved the victory and Real should feel happy with the draw.

Of course you wouldn’t, your motivations are plain. Real Madrid were denied by the wonders of lloris. 

Put it however you like, I couldn’t care what the Mickey Mouse media in Spain say. Spurs were worthy  of a point and no more.

8 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

This is true, but even their home game against APOEL which ended 3-0 and looks convincing, wasn't!  It was all sorted in the final minutes and APOEL had plenty of chances to get something.  Their form has translated to the Champions League at home as this is only their second home game in this competition and they (Real) were nothing like what they should be.  But be assured that away they're a different story right now.  They're not brilliant, but they're more solid and haven't been put through too many issues away.  They'll get better as the season progresses because they've got the squad to do it, but these are the moments to take advantage of.

They very easily could have lost that game if not for some excellent goalkeeping.

No matter how you slice it, good result for Spurs. Obviously a win would have been better, but none of their fans or their players are going to be unhappy with a point.

5 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I couldn’t care what the Mickey Mouse media in Spain

What media do you want to give credence to where Spanish football is concerned? xD

5 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Of course you wouldn’t, your motivations are plain.

I get it.  But you're wrong in this case as I couldn't give a damn what the result is between those two...  I watched it with interest and very little more, but I do love Pochettino and he played it perfectly there and the three points should've been taken back to somewhere just outside North London.

16 hours ago, SirBalon said:

What media do you want to give credence to where Spanish football is concerned? xD

Why does it matter where they're from when we're just talking about a football match that was televised for the whole world to see?

If we were talking about transfers and other inside information regarding Spanish clubs, I'd be more inclined to listen to the Spanish media, but in this case we're not. On that note, how's Coutinho fitting in to the Barcelona side? :ph34r:

16 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Why does it matter where they're from when we're just talking about a football match that was televised for the whole world to see?

If we were talking about transfers and other inside information regarding Spanish clubs, I'd be more inclined to listen to the Spanish media, but in this case we're not. On that note, how's Coutinho fitting in to the Barcelona side? :ph34r:

Because the Spanish media know how Real Madrid play and what’s expected of them on the pitch. The world can watch and do all they like but the home media knows more about its clubs than foreign media.

As for Coutinho... He needs development and bo better place than where he’s been for a while to get that. The step up will be massive, but a dream come true for him I’m sure. ;)

• The topic was unpinned

Archived