talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester Hire Claude Puel To Replace Craig Shakespeare

• Administrator

Just 4 months in permanent charge.

Owners take no shit - thought they'd give him a bit more time. Clearly out of his depth though. A good coach and thankful for all he's done.

Our club is a laughing stock since winning the league xD 

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Wonder who they have lined up as his replacement? 

Alladyce? 

maybe no-one at the moment.

Can't see how Allardyce would improve on Shakespeare considering his style of play is what we're trying to move away from?

Wanted Rafa Benitez before Shakespeara got appointed and would definitely still take him now. 

Club haven't officially confirmed it yet but no smoke without fire as they say. 

Always risky appointing a caretaker permanently after a few good results. Even more so one who has just been promoted from a coach or assistant or whatever. Not surprised, although it's a little earlier than I thought it would be. They have had a few difficult fixtures early on to be fair

Poor permanent appointment really. His temporary spell yielded some good results but ultimately, was he really going to be able to replicate those results over a longer period? 

The last thing Leicester want now is Sam Allardyce. After a decent Champions League campaign and that Premier League win, it's got to be a foreign appointment, surely?

39 minutes ago, Stan said:

maybe no-one at the moment.

Can't see how Allardyce would improve on Shakespeare considering his style of play is what we're trying to move away from?

Wanted Rafa Benitez before Shakespeara got appointed and would definitely still take him now. 

Club haven't officially confirmed it yet but no smoke without fire as they say. 

Do you think Rafa Benitez is going to leave Newcastle for Leicester? Genuine question.

1 hour ago, HoneyNUFC said:

I personally believe that if the majority of a clubs supporters think their manager should be sacked then they should be sacked.

Wisdom of the crowd.

Could you imagine if that was the rule... The only way a Manager could be outed was by the Supporters Vote?? 

Interesting idea... 

• Administrator

official statement from club

Michael Appleton will be in charge of the First Team as Caretaker Manager for Saturday’s Premier League trip to Swansea City, supported by First Team Coaches Mike Stowell and Adam Sadler.

Leicester City Vice Chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha said: “Craig has been a great servant to Leicester City – during his spells as an Assistant Manager and since taking over as Manager in challenging circumstances in February. His dedication to the Club and to his work has been absolute and the contribution he made to the most successful period in Leicester City history is considerable.

“However, our early promise under Craig’s management has not been consistently evident in the months since and the Board feels that, regrettably, a change is necessary to keep the Club moving forward – consistent with the long-term expectations of our supporters, Board and owners.

“Craig is and will remain a very popular, respected figure at Leicester City and will be welcome back at King Power Stadium in future, both professionally and as a friend of the Club.”

The Club will now begin the process of identifying and appointing its next First Team Manager and will make no further comment on the process until the appropriate time.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Burning Gold said:

Weird timing to do it just after the international break when they could easily have given themselves time to find and install a replacement

That's Leicester to a tee though.

1 hour ago, Toony said:

Do you think Rafa Benitez is going to leave Newcastle for Leicester? Genuine question.

Not now but I don't think it would've been implausible in the summer - seeing him moaning about a lack of backing time and time again and we clearly weren't scared to spend a bit. Absolutely no way now though.

-----------------------------------

Well done Leicester. The laughing stock of the league. Yet again.

Rudkin has to go, there is absolutely no possible way he can stay on.

The writing was on the wall the moment he took over Ranieri although you couldn't deny him the position considering what occurred immediately after he took over from the Italian coach.  But he was never good enough!

There are plenty of coaches out there that are good enough to take Leicester to better football than they are currently experiencing but if I were them I wouldn't take on that job now.  It's not just a job of implementing your own methods but also lifting the team which is a different story.

• Subscriber
52 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Poor that, lack of respect for a man that pulled you from the Championship last season. 

And has been a big part of our backroom team throughout the last few years.

Again, testament to the joke we are. I think it's time our fans stop kissing our owners arses and start to ask them what the hell's actually going on at the club. I'm not saying get them out, they have done a lot good, but I don't buy that they're these amazing owners that many make them out to be. The club's an absolute shambles and a laughing stock at the minute, how can both that and them being amazing owners be? It's one or the other, surely?

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

And I got laughed at for nicknaming him Craig "Gone by Christmas" Shakespeare. 

He was out of his depth from the start, poor appointment.

Still laughing at you, should have been gone by Halloween. I believe someone actually made that joke somewhere.

• Administrator
Just now, SirBalon said:

The writing was on the wall the moment he took over Ranieri although you couldn't deny him the position considering what occurred immediately after he took over from the Italian coach.  But he was never good enough!

There are plenty of coaches out there that are good enough to take Leicester to better football than they are currently experiencing but if I were them I wouldn't take on that job now.  It's not just a job of implementing your own methods but also lifting the team which is a different story.

isn't that the case with pretty much any manager that takes on a club in our situation though? Always bound to be a challenge; they'd be naive to think otherwise. 

Just now, Stan said:

isn't that the case with pretty much any manager that takes on a club in our situation though? Always bound to be a challenge; they'd be naive to think otherwise. 

When you guys won the Premier League, you had the foundations to build and maintain a certain modem of competitiveness.  I'm not saying challenging for the title, but definitely building on the situation for the future as there was no reason to think otherwise.  Ranieri should've been given a golden diamond encrusted watch for his historic legendary services and then brought in the man for the future who at that point could've been a number of biggish names.  Obviously here's me talking with hindsight!

Yes you're right...  It's a similar situation to what any coach would find themselves with something like this.

• Administrator
Just now, SirBalon said:

When you guys won the Premier League, you had the foundations to build and maintain a certain modem of competitiveness.  I'm not saying challenging for the title, but definitely building on the situation for the future as there was no reason to think otherwise.  Ranieri should've been given a golden diamond encrusted watch for his historic legendary services and then brought in the man for the future who at that point could've been a number of biggish names.  Obviously here's me talking with hindsight!

Yes you're right...  It's a similar situation to what any coach would find themselves with something like this.

while I agree with the bit in bold, when I say current situation, I don't mean hark back to May/June 2016. 

I mean right now in the bottom 3 and lifting a team's morale as well as implementing new methods as you say. My point being that any manager should expect to do that. 

In fact, all that crap you mention in the first paragraph is irrelevant to the conversation xD. As true as it is, it's a talking point for another topic!

• The title was changed to Leicester Hire Claude Puel To Replace Craig Shakespeare

Archived