• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester Hire Claude Puel To Replace Craig Shakespeare

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Claude Puel has randomly appeared with low odds at a few bookies.

i've already fallen asleep at the thought of him managing us.

3 hours ago, Dan said:

Claude Puel now favourite. Not inspired.

He didn't have a terrible season with Southampton when you bare in mind they got to a cup final at Wembley and finished 8th. The problem was they scored nearly 20 goals less than the previous season under Koeman so it looked a lot worse than it was.

That said, I think you can aim for someone better than that. Pellegrini being the obvious one.

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Lucas said:

He didn't have a terrible season with Southampton when you bare in mind they got to a cup final at Wembley and finished 8th. The problem was they scored nearly 20 goals less than the previous season under Koeman so it looked a lot worse than it was.

That said, I think you can aim for someone better than that. Pellegrini being the obvious one.

It sounds more and more like it'll be him.

I don't think it would be a disaster, just very dull. Doesn't really give you much encouragement. I don't think our squad really suits his style of play either so I think it would take a while for it to bear fruit.

The cynical side of me thinks it's Rudkin getting someone in who won't question him.

• The title was changed to Leicester Hire Claude Puel To Replace Craig Shakespeare
  • Administrator
Just now, Pep Talk said:

What’s Leicester fans thoughts on this?

will back him but feel a bit underwhelmed. Southampton fans aren't really giving him glowing reviews. 

Would be nice if he hits the ground running because majority of fans are already on his back. Win against Everton of course on Sunday would settle some fans. I sometimes think some of our fans will never be happy or satisfied to be honest. 

Just hope Puel doesn't make wholesale changes. Have said for a while there's people (1 in particular) above him who need to be shipped out. 

I think January could be key to see who he tries to offload and who he may bring in. he brought in the likes of Redmond, Gabbiadini, Boufal at Sothampton. Will be interested to see who he tries to get in this time around. 

• Subscriber

He's got a decent track record in France and he didn't do that badly at Southampton when you look at their league finish and the fact they made a cup final, but we know as well as anyone the fans of said club get the scenario better than the outsiders and the overall reaction from Southampton fans to him was a negative one, and you've got to ask questions as to why he'd lose his job after that season.

I do think we need to freshen up because I'm worried that things have gone stale. We do need fresh ideas. I'm just not sure he's the man. We need someone who can have some authority over the side (I'm not convinced Shakespeare had it), has a tactical brain and can think of more ways to break a side down than hoofing it for Vardy to run onto or giving it to Mahrez.

Not particularly excited, will give him a chance obviously and when you consider the alternatives are Pardew, Coleman etc... then yes I'd rather have a crack with this bloke, although to further address your point @Any O'Brien I'd rather have Claude Littner than Pep Guardiola.

• Subscriber
32 minutes ago, Stan said:

will back him but feel a bit underwhelmed. Southampton fans aren't really giving him glowing reviews. 

Would be nice if he hits the ground running because majority of fans are already on his back. Win against Everton of course on Sunday would settle some fans. I sometimes think some of our fans will never be happy or satisfied to be honest. 

Just hope Puel doesn't make wholesale changes. Have said for a while there's people (1 in particular) above him who need to be shipped out. 

I think January could be key to see who he tries to offload and who he may bring in. he brought in the likes of Redmond, Gabbiadini, Boufal at Sothampton. Will be interested to see who he tries to get in this time around. 

I do worry that that's part of his remit. Rudkin has been known to make moves to cover his own back first and Leicester's second. The main reason I want the useless dickhead out.

I thought Puel did decent at Southampton considering their league position and the cup final they reached though if you speak to their fans they do say his football was utter shit.

I think he might surprise a few people and do well at Leicester.

2 hours ago, Dan said:

He's got a decent track record in France and he didn't do that badly at Southampton when you look at their league finish and the fact they made a cup final, but we know as well as anyone the fans of said club get the scenario better than the outsiders and the overall reaction from Southampton fans to him was a negative one, and you've got to ask questions as to why he'd lose his job after that season.

I do think we need to freshen up because I'm worried that things have gone stale. We do need fresh ideas. I'm just not sure he's the man. We need someone who can have some authority over the side (I'm not convinced Shakespeare had it), has a tactical brain and can think of more ways to break a side down than hoofing it for Vardy to run onto or giving it to Mahrez.

Not particularly excited, will give him a chance obviously and when you consider the alternatives are Pardew, Coleman etc... then yes I'd rather have a crack with this bloke, although to further address your point @Any O'Brien I'd rather have Claude Littner than Pep Guardiola.

Claude Littner is a fucking legend to be fair.

Archived