• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Would Poch leave Spurs for a big club?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Arsenal and big club don't belong on the same sentence. :ph34r:

Obviously not right now but when Wenger leaves the manager coming in will be able to take them back over Spuds, tough opportunity to miss out on

• Administrator

Think Spurs are a big club but not sure if it was intentional to not call them one in the title. 

Eventually he will. Things seem quite good at Spurs for him right now though so don't see why he would leave for anyone. 

I do wonder if that will change after the World Cup and if any international opportunities come about (for example if Argentina have a bad World Cup and Sampaoli is sacked?). 

I think his next destination will be Real Madrid but god knows when. 

Pochettino has repeated various times that there are two clubs he will always say NO to.  Arsenal and FC Barcelona for obvious reasons...  His move to Real Madrid if he keeps going like he is will happen without a shadow of a doubt.  If they (Real) call him, I doubt he'd say no even as soon as the end of this season.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Think Spurs are a big club but not sure if it was intentional to not call them one in the title. 

Eventually he will. Things seem quite good at Spurs for him right now though so don't see why he would leave for anyone. 

I do wonder if that will change after the World Cup and if any international opportunities come about (for example if Argentina have a bad World Cup and Sampaoli is sacked?). 

I think his next destination will be Real Madrid but god knows when. 

It's clearly just a wind up topic xD

26 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Pochettino has repeated various times that there are two clubs he will always say NO to.  Arsenal and FC Barcelona for obvious reasons...  His move to Real Madrid if he keeps going like he is will happen without a shadow of a doubt.  If they (Real) call him, I doubt he'd say no even as soon as the end of this season.

What's the attraction of a two year max stint at a cub that everyone in the world is sick of and that is certain to end up with you being fired? 

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

What's the attraction of a two year max stint at a cub that everyone in the world is sick of and that is certain to end up with you being fired? 

In South America Real Madrid is the pinnacle of football anywhere in the world.

This is one of his (Pochettino) quotes the other day and it's not the first time he's said something of the ilk;

"There's something about that club, something where just the name gives you goose pimples on your skin.  It's the maximum to aspire to"

But yes, you do either end up getting sacked even when winning at Real Madrid because clubs like that expect more than just winning.  It's tough and you get run through the mill.

He probably would go to a bigger club.

He's a smart man, he knows he's already hit his ceiling with Spurs finishing second. Players groans about wage structures meaning departures won't help, either. 

Ultimately, he'll have a choice soon enough because he's good enough to have his pick. Stay at Spurs for another 10-15 years and continue to win nothing but plaudits for how they play or go out and manage one of the elite clubs and win trophies. 

10 minutes ago, Storts said:

Balon thinking Poch could go to Madrid in the summer xD Not worried in the slightest about losing him - he also said he was ready to sign a 10-15 year contract at Spurs.

I think if you guys won the title or the champions league this year he'd be more likely to move on. 

However incremental progress and cementing second place and he'd still feel like there was unfinished business. 

2 hours ago, Storts said:

It's clearly just a wind up topic xD

Not aimed as a dig mate, doesn't necessarily have to be a big club, maybe someone similar to yourselves but with title winning ambitions like Leicester 

• Subscriber
36 minutes ago, Danny said:

Not aimed as a dig mate, doesn't necessarily have to be a big club, maybe someone similar to yourselves but with title winning ambitions like Leicester 

:) 

Mad how people hang on the every word of what managers and players say in public. Especially those managers or players who have no prior loyalty to the club. If they get an offer from someone higher up the food chain they'll be off.

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Conte won't be around for long? 

Where's he going? Oh that's right, agreed to go to Inter apparently. Which came up around this time last year after he got sacked

Its the Inter way mate

They expect someone like Diego Simeone and Antonio Conte but end up with Walter Novellino.

22 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Mad how people hang on the every word of what managers and players say in public. Especially those managers or players who have no prior loyalty to the club. If they get an offer from someone higher up the food chain they'll be off.

+1 this. 

Also,  I believe Kane will leave before Poch does. 

• Subscriber
59 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

+1 this. 

Also,  I believe Kane will leave before Poch does. 

If he keeps going at the rate he is going now there's no reason to believe people will come in with offers in the summer for his services or maybe even before that.

Archived