talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What Really Grinds My Gears?

football forum

Tax definitely is theft. I don't mind taxes going towards those genuinely worse off in the UK i.e. disability benefit, temporary help for those out of work etc but when it gets spent on foreign 'aid', absolute bollocks like the Climate Change Scam and, in Labour boroughs, Disabled Somalian Muslim Single Parent Lesbian Centres then I think it takes the piss somewhat.

The two biggest pisstakes though are the BBC (a television tax) and inheritance tax. Whatever I decide to leave to my child when I die has absolutely nothing to do with the government yet they will attempt to steal some of her rightful money because our society is controlled by subhuman scum.

I also find this Food Bank phenomenon rather odd as nobody has to use them if they spend within their means. Even people who choose to live the welfare lifestyle that Blair introduced to get lazy cunts to vote Labour have enough to feed themselves if they don't spend their money on fags, booze, Sky TV, Playstations, Laptops, i-phones and drugs

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

You're both right, but I feel the need to stick up for Train because Drops of Jupiter is a jam.

I agree actually. As far as radio shite goes drops of jupiter is far from bad. And a song I don't mind hearing once in a while. That song aside though, Train are a fucking wreck.

• 4 months later...

Broadband contracts. 12 month contract at a reduced fee for new customers is one thing but after those 12 months they still pay less than older customers after their 12 month contract finished. How is this shit even allowed!? Existing customers basically get charged more for being with providers longer. WHAT A LOAD OF SHIT!!! FUCK YOU VIRGIN MEDIA!!! AND FUCK OFCOM TOO!!!

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

Broadband contracts. 12 month contract at a reduced fee for new customers is one thing but after those 12 months they still pay less than older customers after their 12 month contract finished. How is this shit even allowed!? Existing customers basically get charged more for being with providers longer. WHAT A LOAD OF SHIT!!! FUCK YOU VIRGIN MEDIA!!! AND FUCK OFCOM TOO!!!

That's the way it works though...  It shouldn't but it does, The fact you are paying more helps subsidize the offers to get new people on board and thus building the customer base to rake in the cash further on down the line... Give it a year later and you will be paying more for the same service ( although they will try and justify the price hikes with new content etc.. ) and they will have caught up with you and pay what your paying now, then they can tempt in even more suckers.. I mean customers onboard with tempting packages at what seems like a steal...  

First they trap the fly then they suck him dry at their leisure...  

1 hour ago, Berserker said:

I thought that kind of shit only happened here, seems not. What you gotta do is call them and threat them with unsubscribing, they will give you an "exclusive offer" with which you'll pay the same as new customers, or even less.

That seems to work with Sky... last time I told them I would be downgrading it they gave me 6 months free believe it or not... That was just before I was due to stay up in Notts as the missus was not bothered about the footy obviously and I thought better to hoof the more expensive stuff as I wouldn't be watching it.. 

• 2 weeks later...

Cunts putting bins in the road so you can't park infront of house even though it is public land with no dropped curve. I don't have a drive I just except it. If I couldn't find a space when it's packed I'd just move them. People parking over 2 bays annoys me as well.

football forum
9 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Cunts putting bins in the road so you can't park infront of house even though it is public land with no dropped curve. I don't have a drive I just except it. If I couldn't find a space when it's packed I'd just move them. People parking over 2 bays annoys me as well.

To be fair most of the time its the binemen themselves, they just launch the bins wherever they please. 

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

To be fair most of the time its the binemen themselves, they just launch the bins wherever they please. 

I know what you mean mate. But there are timea when people put them out there to stop people parking. 

football forum
31 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I know what you mean mate. But there are timea when people put them out there to stop people parking. 

I can believe that, some whopper in my street has bought traffic cones so that he can have his own parking bay in the road. They get moved whenever he puts them out but he still does it xD. Wouldn't mind but he's retired, I'd have more things to get worked up about. 

• New-Wave Left Winger Warriors (they're extremists)
  • Large proportion of 'Momentum' members/supporters
  • People that are managing to politicise absolutely everything

I sold my part of the fish and chip shop I used to part own some months back and yesterday evening I decided to go and visit them and have some fish.  I took my son who's now 18 months old...  For those that don't know, the fish and chip shop (the original one because there are now three) is situated in Stoke Newington which is in East London, Hackney...

Now for anyone that isn't familiar with Stoke Newington, it's always been populated by very strange beings on the whole.  Those that live there see it as some sort of village, infact that's what they call it.  They hold themselves as different to everyone else and I know this may bring out some form of laughter, but it's true!  Historically "Stokey" has always been rather bohemian in every sense of the world all the way back to the 60s and so on... Well, those first bullet marked points I've made up there are all part of the general plague in Stoke Newington.

Anyway, to cut a long story short because I can feel myself getting even more wound up and starting some sort of damning history lesson, I'll get to the point.

SMOKING

Smoking cigarettes is a horrible and repulsive habit and one that I unfortunately am afflicted with.  I'd managed to stop it for two years by using one of those electronic cigarettes (Vapes) and I felt a whole lot better in every manner.  But on the birth of my son the stress got to me coupled with work and certain things I'm witnessing in this country, slowly slowly I got back into cigarettes.

Attack of the ultra lefties

Well, I finished eating and as I left the restaurant, right outside I met a friend and we both smoked a cigarette for a few minutes while my son was sleeping in his buggy (covered with the plastic sheeting because it was nippy).

I smoke but I hate smoking and everything about it...  I am party to all the laws in recent years that are anti-smoking like banning it in pubs and especially banning it while driving with a child in the vehicle.  Infact I don't understand how anyone can smoke in their car or their house whether they have children or not...  It's disgusting!

But...

I won't have ANYONE passing judgment on me.  My character rebels against anything that I deem aimed at that type of dictatorial active urban warfare.

Along passed a young mid 20s wiry whiskered "hipster" styled element of society (actually the majority of Stoke Newington is like this, no matter the age), stopped, looked at me and spouted;

"You're a terrible father, throw your cigarette away!  Do it now! How can you smoke next to your child, that's wrong!"

My son was totally covered and the smoke was going nowhere near him anyway, he was in his buggy and I was stopped outside the restaurant having a chat.  I told him to go and wash himself because the smell he was expelling was polluting my free space.  I also told him to go and rethink his life and think how he could best do something positive for society instead of going around judging people.

Honestly...  This is becoming more and more prominent.  Not this particular situation but the whole thing...  Even this new wave "justified" anti-semitism coming from the extreme left in this country, the sympathetic views towards Islamic terrorism.  How the universities are being made into indoctrinating closed sweatshops.  I've always been very very central in my political ideological beliefs and if I've ever swayed at all, it's been slightly left.  But this is now becoming ridiculous and I feel sorry for the future my son will live because it's becoming wide-spread.

There'll probably be some here that understand and sympathise with all of this, but I can tell you that THIS (not this particular incident, but the general outlook from what I've written) amongst 3 or 4 other issues that have arisen in recent times has made up my mind for me to move from London and out of the UK.

Edited by SirBalon

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

I can believe that, some whopper in my street has bought traffic cones so that he can have his own parking bay in the road. They get moved whenever he puts them out but he still does it xD. Wouldn't mind but he's retired, I'd have more things to get worked up about. 

It really winds me up when you can't get a space. I can hardly ever park outside my house that's just the way it is.

Middle lane hoggers is another thing. Apparently when the motorways were first built the BBC said the middle lane was the fast lane so a lot of older drivers hog them. There are young middle lane hoggers as well but I think a higher percentage of older drivers do it.

• Subscriber

The next generation of kids; Manners seem to be a thing of history. Everyones glued to their social media and phones, half the time when i go out for dinner im seeing at least one family sitting around not talking to one another for either being glued to their phones or tvs if there are any. A lack of work ethic seems to be common, part and parcel with a sense of entitlement.

/end old man rant, for reference im 28.

Edited by Viva la FCB

• Administrator

@Gunnersauraus could you get a H Bar put outside your house?

My tenants have had a few disputes about parking in front of each other's house because they have to walk a few extra steps. Heaven forbid! But one of them put a H Bar outside their house and the neighbour kept parking there. They only cos £80 but the fine for parking on them can be up to £100. 

7 hours ago, Stan said:

@Gunnersauraus could you get a H Bar put outside your house?

My tenants have had a few disputes about parking in front of each other's house because they have to walk a few extra steps. Heaven forbid! But one of them put a H Bar outside their house and the neighbour kept parking there. They only cos £80 but the fine for parking on them can be up to £100. 

What's that a dropped curve or something? I don't think so it is a terraced house with no drive. It doesn't bother me to be honest it's just part of living in a street with no drives. It's only really a problem when football is on. People can complain about you parking infront of their drive all they want but there is no law against it. Obviously I park as near to my place as I can but I rarely get to park right outside.

Edited by Guest

13 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Anyway, to cut a long story short

Never thought I'd see the day :ph34r:

Seriously though I can't stand people like that. It's clearly an addiction and if you're doing everything in your power to protect your son, what's the point of someone getting stuck into your business?

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

What's that a dropped curve or something? I don't think so it is a terraced house with no drive. It doesn't bother me to be honest it's just part of living in a street with no drives. It's only really a problem when football is on. People can complain about you parking infront of their drive all they want but there is no law against it. Obviously I park as near to my place as I can but I rarely get to park right outside.

Nah its simply just a bit of paint to mark where people shouldn't and are not allowed to park. Just seen you don't have a drive so I don't think you'd be allowed it. 

7 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

Seriously though I can't stand people like that. It's clearly an addiction and if you're doing everything in your power to protect your son, what's the point of someone getting stuck into your business?

It's what those people I'm taking about my post do.  They're just like any group of fanatics that the human race has had over the ages which are on a mission to change the world...  Trust me, soon it will be seen as morally incorrect to use BC and AD.

20 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

The next generation of kids; Manners seem to be a thing of history. Everyones glued to their social media and phones, half the time when i go out for dinner im seeing at least one family sitting around not talking to one another for either being glued to their phones or tvs if there are any. A lack of work ethic seems to be common, part and parcel with a sense of entitlement.

/end old man rant, for reference im 28.

Yea I know what you mean... modern times bring modern distractions.... :ph34r:

Image result for people on a train with newspapers

Image result for people on a train with newspapers

When I am out with my mate during the day we see people distracted with their heads down glued to phones all the time and we think to each other that those people could be robbed through not paying enough attention to whats going on around them... I would tell them but my mate drives that scooter so fast you don't really get the chance to stop and chat... 

On 10/26/2017 at 6:41 AM, SirBalon said:
  • New-Wave Left Winger Warriors (they're extremists)
  • Large proportion of 'Momentum' members/supporters
  • People that are managing to politicise absolutely everything

I sold my part of the fish and chip shop I used to part own some months back and yesterday evening I decided to go and visit them and have some fish.  I took my son who's now 18 months old...  For those that don't know, the fish and chip shop (the original one because there are now three) is situated in Stoke Newington which is in East London, Hackney...

Now for anyone that isn't familiar with Stoke Newington, it's always been populated by very strange beings on the whole.  Those that live there see it as some sort of village, infact that's what they call it.  They hold themselves as different to everyone else and I know this may bring out some form of laughter, but it's true!  Historically "Stokey" has always been rather bohemian in every sense of the world all the way back to the 60s and so on... Well, those first bullet marked points I've made up there are all part of the general plague in Stoke Newington.

Anyway, to cut a long story short because I can feel myself getting even more wound up and starting some sort of damning history lesson, I'll get to the point.

SMOKING

Smoking cigarettes is a horrible and repulsive habit and one that I unfortunately am afflicted with.  I'd managed to stop it for two years by using one of those electronic cigarettes (Vapes) and I felt a whole lot better in every manner.  But on the birth of my son the stress got to me coupled with work and certain things I'm witnessing in this country, slowly slowly I got back into cigarettes.

Attack of the ultra lefties

Well, I finished eating and as I left the restaurant, right outside I met a friend and we both smoked a cigarette for a few minutes while my son was sleeping in his buggy (covered with the plastic sheeting because it was nippy).

I smoke but I hate smoking and everything about it...  I am party to all the laws in recent years that are anti-smoking like banning it in pubs and especially banning it while driving with a child in the vehicle.  Infact I don't understand how anyone can smoke in their car or their house whether they have children or not...  It's disgusting!

But...

I won't have ANYONE passing judgment on me.  My character rebels against anything that I deem aimed at that type of dictatorial active urban warfare.

Along passed a young mid 20s wiry whiskered "hipster" styled element of society (actually the majority of Stoke Newington is like this, no matter the age), stopped, looked at me and spouted;

"You're a terrible father, throw your cigarette away!  Do it now! How can you smoke next to your child, that's wrong!"

My son was totally covered and the smoke was going nowhere near him anyway, he was in his buggy and I was stopped outside the restaurant having a chat.  I told him to go and wash himself because the smell he was expelling was polluting my free space.  I also told him to go and rethink his life and think how he could best do something positive for society instead of going around judging people.

Honestly...  This is becoming more and more prominent.  Not this particular situation but the whole thing...  Even this new wave "justified" anti-semitism coming from the extreme left in this country, the sympathetic views towards Islamic terrorism.  How the universities are being made into indoctrinating closed sweatshops.  I've always been very very central in my political ideological beliefs and if I've ever swayed at all, it's been slightly left.  But this is now becoming ridiculous and I feel sorry for the future my son will live because it's becoming wide-spread.

There'll probably be some here that understand and sympathise with all of this, but I can tell you that THIS (not this particular incident, but the general outlook from what I've written) amongst 3 or 4 other issues that have arisen in recent times has made up my mind for me to move from London and out of the UK.

I hate how people think it is their moral prerogative to act as a PSA. What nerve someone must have to lecture a stranger.