talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

The Vietnam War on the BBC is possibly the best documentary I've ever seen. Apparently it took 10 years to make.

Posted it in the documentaries thread a while ago :( It's great. The soundtrack is even better.

• Subscriber
37 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

I thought the ending was a bit underwhelming, but still a great show! 

Interesting, you're not alone if i recall the ending was the biggest part of controversy online. Personally i found it quite fitting, It probably was my favourite new show until West World came around. Not sure if they're doing a second season but totally sold if they do.

• 2 weeks later...

I was told by one of my mates to watch a Netflix series called 'Big Mouth'. Just given the first few episodes a go.

Not gonna lie, genuinely not sure what the fuck that was about but it was mildly amusing.

What is this cartoon? xD

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.bc1e157a5959df89ac3fe95ecaef9c00.jpgmaxresdefault1.thumb.jpg.298553eeaa24e5c38990ea4d2943154b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Just watched the pilot episode of Damnation, a new series depicting the rising farmer and labor movement against unfettered capitalism during the Great Depression in some small Iowa town. Looks interesting so far, it's definitely inspired by Deadwood a lot.

@Viva la FCB you might want to take a look, it's sort of a "pseudo western".

Edited by nudge
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, nudge said:

Just watched the pilot episode of Damnation, a new series depicting the rising farmer and labor movement against unfettered capitalism during the Great Depression in some small Iowa town. Looks interesting so far, it's definitely inspired by Deadwood a lot.

@Viva la FCB you might want to take a look, it's sort of a "pseudo western".

Cheers, looks up my alley ill check it out.. I was actually just looking for something to watch as i just wrapped up House of Cards.

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Anyone knows when the second season of Taboo will come out? The wait is too much especially how the first season ended.

No date has been set yet... It's currently being written, and they are hoping to start filming early 2018. Seems like it will still be quite a long wait :( 

Taboo and Westworld are two series that I'm most looking forward to, S2 of the latter should come out in spring 2018.

• Subscriber

Just discovered Godless, a new western series by Scott Frank and Steven Soderbergh for Netflix. Three episodes in, and I'm hooked, I actually liked it better than Deadwood, Hell on Wheels and the likes - it's proper western with a very engaging story, good acting and beautiful cinematography.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5516154/

@Viva la FCB -  sorry to bother you again, but you might want to check it out!!! :D 

Edited by nudge
  • Upvote 3

• Subscriber
On 11/23/2017 at 2:03 PM, nudge said:

Just discovered Godless, a new western series by Scott Frank and Steven Soderbergh for Netflix. Three episodes in, and I'm hooked, I actually liked it better than Deadwood, Hell on Wheels and the likes - it's proper western with a very engaging story, good acting and beautiful cinematography.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5516154/

@Viva la FCB -  sorry to bother you again, but you might want to check it out!!! :D 

Just watched the first episode im hooked so far so good. The cinematography as you say was really impressive I loved the bits with the horse whisperer gunslinger and the horses in the water at the end. I'm a Jeff  Daniels fan to I think he's vastly underrated. The stories shaping up nicely.

Cheers for the recommendation I'll keep watching:D

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Just watched the first episode im hooked so far so good. The cinematography as you say was really impressive I loved the bits with the horse whisperer gunslinger and the horses in the water at the end. I'm a Jeff  Daniels fan to I think he's vastly underrated. The stories shaping up nicely.

Cheers for the recommendation I'll keep watching:D

Glad you like it!

I bingewatched the whole thing (7 episodes) in one sitting, absolutely great. One of the best things I've seen recently - it has a lot to do with my love for westerns for sure, but the quality of the show is unquestionable either way.

And yes, Jeff Daniels is great! His character in Godless must be one of the greatest villains on modern television; not just your standard bad guy, many sided and unpredictable. Jack O'Connell does a great job too, he reminds me of those antihero protagonists of spaghetti westerns. In fact, the whole show recalls the westerns of the 70s, not only visually but also by taking all the "standard" character types and the tropes of the genre and twisting them a bit. Also, surprisingly strong supporting characters!

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Finished it last week, enjoyed it  ...think Vikings is back on today at long last

The Vikings were premiered last night on the 29th, have to watch it tonight when i get home. Looks very interesting, but not sure will it ever be as fun as with Regnar

4 minutes ago, True Blue said:

The Vikings were premiered last night on the 29th, have to watch it tonight when i get home. Looks very interesting, but not sure will it ever be as fun as with Regnar

Just about to watch them now, Ragnar was the star of the show for sure, wont be the same without him so hope he appears in spirit form from time to time, that would be cool

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

Just about to watch them now, Ragnar was the star of the show for sure, wont be the same without him so hope he appears in spirit form from time to time, that would be cool

Yes agreed but i doubt he will as on the reviews he ended his role at season 4. Enjoy it mate i will watch it tonight.

• Upvote 1

• The topic was pinned