talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Ive only watched the first episode but it was an excellent start! very much Last Samurai vibes. Also they filmed a bunch here locally to me :) 

Awesome, that's good to hear! I'm gonna check it out when I have some more time, I just saw the first episode is well over an hour!

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, nudge said:

Has anyone started watching the new Shogun yet? It's supposedly phenomenal!

I watched the first episode of The Regime today, pretty intriguing so far. Kate Winslet is amazing, as usual. 

Yes, loving it so far. getting last samauri vibes which is one of my favourite movies. do you understand what they are saying? :35_thinking: it's a bit of a pain having to read the subtitles but totally worth it :4_joy:

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 05/03/2024 at 19:39, Happy Blue said:

Yes, loving it so far. getting last samauri vibes which is one of my favourite movies. do you understand what they are saying? :35_thinking: it's a bit of a pain having to read the subtitles but totally worth it :4_joy:

I haven't watched it yet! Don't mind subtitles in general, though...

• Subscriber

Just finished up True Detective: Night Country (season 4) I really liked this one. A very different feel then the other seasons. Somewhat reminiscent of season 1 with the sort of supernatural feel, kind of like local superstitions going on. Jodie Foster was immense, her and her partner Kali Reis where both excellent. I highly recommend checking it out, it was only 6 episodes this time around. I dont know where I would rank it in the hierarchy of True Detective but Season 1 is still the gold standard probably and I dont think this was too far behind much like season 3. 

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber

I am really into Constellation on Apple TV+ now. 5 episodes in, and it's a very intriguing cerebral sci-fi mystery with a lot of interest concepts and ideas.

• 3 weeks later...

Love/Hate

Irish gangster series. Its over 10 years old but it's been brilliant viewing and I will be gutted when I watch the final ever episode this evening.

• Subscriber

Blasted through The Gentleman on Netflix. Love it. Sign me up for a season 2 or more Guy Ritchie series. Absolute slam dunk of a show.

Plugging along with Shogun as well, 4 episodes in now and Im loving it more every episode. Excellent stuff so far. 

• Upvote 1

Watched The Gentlemen. Thought it was good but not great, nothing we haven’t seen in the actual film or his other films in terms of surprises and where the shows gone. Thought the ending and some of the twists seemed a bit meh.

Watched 3 Body Problem. Binged in a day or two, brilliant show. So good I got the book on audible and the story is even better.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Plugging along with Shogun as well, 4 episodes in now and Im loving it more every episode. Excellent stuff so far. 

Best thing on TV right now imo and I love how it lulls you into slow pacing only to show you how much is going on around as well. I'm not overtly fond of the casting of the English protagonist but the show really isn't about him anyways. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Started watching The Regime and its funny but I think its also not really all that great considering how the teasers showed it to have so much potential. 

And in the same breath, X-Men '97 has been the exact opposite of what folks said it would be and has actually been really good. 

• Subscriber

About halfway through The Fall of The House of Usher So far I think its fantastic. No shock to see its done by the same guy as the Haunting series. Great writing with an intriguing story so far. Gonna blast through this in short order its looking like. 

On 02/01/2022 at 16:00, nudge said:

Finished Around The World in 80 Days, and thought it was great. David Tennant is fantastic, the chemistry between him and the other two main actors (Ibrahim Koma & Leonie Benesch) is perfect, the blend of humour and emotion is very well balanced, and Hans Zimmer score is outstanding. The whole adventure is just fun to watch. Great news that Season 2 has already been greenlit, and that they will adapt another Jules Verne novel (Journey to the Centre of the Earth) for it. Hopefully with the same cast. 

WIth Disney+ filming Nautilus, it looks like adventure genre and particularly Jules Verne adaptations are set for a revival. 

Get to see him this autumn. So excited. 

• Wow 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know all series are different and require different number of episodes. What would you say is the perfect number of seasons to episodes ratio?

I prefer 4 seasons with 6-8 per season. I'd say 5 seasons max and 10 episides per season at the most.

I prefer each episode to be 40 to 50 minutes. But I don't mind 60 minutes for the opening episode and final episiode in each season.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, MUFC said:

I know all series are different and require different number of episodes. What would you say is the perfect number of seasons to episodes ratio?

I prefer 4 seasons with 6-8 per season. I'd say 5 seasons max and 10 episides per season at the most.

I prefer each episode to be 40 to 50 minutes. But I don't mind 60 minutes for the opening episode and final episiode in each season.

As many episodes and seasons as it takes to tell the complete story. 

My sweet spot for most series is probably 4-6 seasons with 10-12 45-minute long episodes per season. 

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, nudge said:

As many episodes and seasons as it takes to tell the complete story. 

My sweet spot for most series is probably 4-6 seasons with 10-12 45-minute long episodes per season. 

And you are a bloody binge watcher like the wife xD

Many a time I have sat up and watched about 3 episodes of whatever and quite enjoyed it, the next night I would get ready to watch some more episodes and find out the wife had sat up all night and watched the bloody lot, that drives me to drink.

giphy.gif