talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Transfers & Rumours

football forum

8 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

We are apparently close to signing a striker and 'one of Warnock's main targets'. Considering that the main rumours are Sam Gallagher and Danny Ward, I'd imagine it's one of them two, more than likely the latter.

I wonder why Liverpool wouldn't let him go back to Huddersfield but are happy to send him back to the Championship, seems a little odd.

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sounds like we are pretty close to signing Rotherham midfielder Richard Smallwood. He is out of contract this summer so he is available for free, but he has several Championship clubs also interested. However, Mowbray has previously worked with him so hopefully that works in our favour. He sounds like he'd compliment Whittingham or Evans well in central midfield and he'd be a very good signing for League One so fingers crossed it comes off this week.

Richard Smallwood confirmed on a free transfer from Rotherham! Seems we again beat competition from the Championship but Mowbray persuaded him to join us in our bid for promotion. Two central midfielders in now, but we could probably do with one more as Cory Evans is very injury prone and Willem Tomlinson is still inexperienced.

Nice to see us doing positive transfer business early for a change and signing players permanently!

On ‎17‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 8:10 PM, Toony said:

I wonder why Liverpool wouldn't let him go back to Huddersfield but are happy to send him back to the Championship, seems a little odd.

Erm...maybe because it's a different Danny Ward fella...

We are in talks to sign Gillingham attacking midfielder Bradley Dack. It would mean spending some money (around £1.5 million) but we'd get a very good player for League One and one with a lot of potential. There is a long way to go still and Championship clubs are interested, but hopefully we move quickly and get a bid accepted as it sounds like he is keen to move on.

18 hours ago, roversgirl said:

We are in talks to sign Gillingham attacking midfielder Bradley Dack. It would mean spending some money (around £1.5 million) but we'd get a very good player for League One and one with a lot of potential. There is a long way to go still and Championship clubs are interested, but hopefully we move quickly and get a bid accepted as it sounds like he is keen to move on.

Most of there fans have been really disappointed with him this season. Seems to have a chip on his shoulder.

2 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Most of there fans have been really disappointed with him this season. Seems to have a chip on his shoulder.

Probably ready to move on. He performed very well for them towards the end of the season (from a neutral perspective).

He's a good keeper, one of the best in the Championship and he'd be a very good signing for Middlesbrough.

I do fancy Boro for a good season next time around - Monk's a very good manager.

16 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Welcome to the forum too mate, good to have another new face around :)!

I'm not new exactly, was on the last forum as 'Future'...

I'm from Sheffield btw, big Sheff United fan but you guys don't have the badge.

Today we're being link with out of contract Bradford full back Tony McMahon. Mowbray has previously worked with him and he has very good experience at football league level. He is 31 now but for a couple of seasons he'd be yet another valuable addition to the squad and provide competition for Nyambe and Williams.

• The title was changed to EFL Transfers & Rumours
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, HK85 said:

Do you run that Twitter account?

nope, just follow it and it's very reliable (one of very few who can be trusted). 

• The title was changed to EFL Transfers & Rumours
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived