talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Transfers & Rumours

football forum

• Subscriber

When Pearson was on the verge of the sack I actually wanted us to look at Warburton. Really rated him at Brentford. I think Forest are set for midtable, which is an improvement after last year for sure. No pitch invasions after finishing below Burton this year I suspect.

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Dan said:

When Pearson was on the verge of the sack I actually wanted us to look at Warburton. Really rated him at Brentford. I think Forest are set for midtable, which is an improvement after last year for sure. No pitch invasions after finishing below Burton this year I suspect.

You hated him with us but wanted him at the same time? xD

Warburton's a weird one, knows how to get his teams play excellent football, favours young players, has good contacts to get good loan signings from good academies...but can't get on with anyone. Left us because he needed to have the veto on incoming players, something that hasn't effected Dean Smith much, had his journalist friends slag us off in the media. Chose a weird job at Rangers and got sacked there for looking for a job in the Championship, chose a club with dodgy owners, brought Weird/McParland with him again,...can't see it ending well but who knows.

If he stays friendly with the owner then they'll be up there for promotion within a year or two, Forest have money to spend.

We've signed Boro's Harry Chapman on a season long loan. He looks a promising talent and has won promotion from this league in the previous two seasons while on loan at Sheffield United and Barnsley (it must be deja vu for him!). He looks bright and skilful, I just hope we just him right within the system as Dack looks a similar player.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

seen on SSN that Cameron Borthwick-Jackson has gone to Leeds on loan. Handy signing for you @Lucas

It's very very rare that Man Utd and Leeds do transfer business. Man Utd fans have tweeted with a lot of hate towards CBJ for turning down Ajax and moving to us because of the bitter rivalry. Little bit sad when he's still their player.

No idea if he's any good to be frank, I don't think he ripped up any tree's at Wolves last year. Just hope he's better than the last player we got from then because he was gash.

12 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It's very very rare that Man Utd and Leeds do transfer business. Man Utd fans have tweeted with a lot of hate towards CBJ for turning down Ajax and moving to us because of the bitter rivalry. Little bit sad when he's still their player.

No idea if he's any good to be frank, I don't think he ripped up any tree's at Wolves last year. Just hope he's better than the last player we got from then because he was gash.

Rivalry aside, given how the Ajax team have progressed players recently that is a pretty baffling decision.

8 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Rivalry aside, given how the Ajax team have progressed players recently that is a pretty baffling decision.

Agreed. You would have to question whether he picked us because it wouldn't upset his lifestyle much or whether he feels he would make more of an impression here than over there. Technically, he couldn't have joined a better club than Ajax in improving his ability. There's no guarantee he'll even start here either. Watch this space I guess.

On 08/08/2017 at 3:49 AM, Lucas said:

Blackburn want Marcus Antonsson. He's not really getting a look in here although we are dangerously thin upfront so I'd be a little weary of letting him go unless we bring in someone else.

I heard this a few days ago but it all seems to have gone quiet. We do need another striker, preferably a target man or someone who can be the focus of attacks with the likes of Graham, Pack, Gladwin, Samuel etc playing off him. Samuel and Graham just aren't good enough at that side of the game, they have other strengths.

We are rumoured to be close to signing a midfielder on loan but no names yet.

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Not that it's anything the live by but he was fantastic for me in Football Manager. What's the deal with him in real life is he just shit or have other aspects made it so that he's not wanted by you lot?

He's never had a proper look in to be honest.

Antonsson struggled initially, a few cameo appearances, the odd couple starts here and there, but he didn't make a massive impression. The problem for strikers is that if they don't score, they need to be seen to at least be making some form of impression in the game and unfortunately Antonsson just couldn't do that. The game would just pass him by and then someone else would do more than him.

Chris Wood absolutely smashed it last year, surpassing a lot of our expectations of him and in doing so, he was literally undroppable. The fact we also only play with one striker meant that if we did sub Wood or he missed the odd game, Doukara was pushed up front because he had more of a knack of scoring goals and working hard.

Antonsson needs a loan move to get his confidence back. As it stands, he is a long way from starting a game for us and is actually lucky if he makes the bench. You know it's bad times when you can't get in the squad for a Carabao Cup 1st round game against Port Vale.

On 10/08/2017 at 9:47 PM, Lucas said:

He's never had a proper look in to be honest.

Antonsson struggled initially, a few cameo appearances, the odd couple starts here and there, but he didn't make a massive impression. The problem for strikers is that if they don't score, they need to be seen to at least be making some form of impression in the game and unfortunately Antonsson just couldn't do that. The game would just pass him by and then someone else would do more than him.

Chris Wood absolutely smashed it last year, surpassing a lot of our expectations of him and in doing so, he was literally undroppable. The fact we also only play with one striker meant that if we did sub Wood or he missed the odd game, Doukara was pushed up front because he had more of a knack of scoring goals and working hard.

Antonsson needs a loan move to get his confidence back. As it stands, he is a long way from starting a game for us and is actually lucky if he makes the bench. You know it's bad times when you can't get in the squad for a Carabao Cup 1st round game against Port Vale.

He has now signed, on a season long loan, and the general feedback from Leeds fans regarding his ability has been pretty positive. He didn't make the squad yesterday as he had only just signed but he will add a much needed option for us alongside Graham and Samuel. 

8 hours ago, roversgirl said:

He has now signed, on a season long loan, and the general feedback from Leeds fans regarding his ability has been pretty positive. He didn't make the squad yesterday as he had only just signed but he will add a much needed option for us alongside Graham and Samuel. 

I hope he does well and bags a few. He's a much better player than what we've seen so far.

• Administrator

Tom Lawrence has moved permanently to Derby for £5m. After a series of loan spells he's transferred away. Can't say I agree with the move to be honest from a fans perspective. Would have liked to see him give a chance with us in this league. But from a clubs perspective he's probably not gonna get a chance. Good luck to him at Derby. 

• Subscriber
On 8/15/2017 at 4:15 PM, Stan said:

Tom Lawrence has moved permanently to Derby for £5m. After a series of loan spells he's transferred away. Can't say I agree with the move to be honest from a fans perspective. Would have liked to see him give a chance with us in this league. But from a clubs perspective he's probably not gonna get a chance. Good luck to him at Derby. 

I read £7mil, which isn't a bad fee to take for someone with about 200 competitive minutes at the club who had a year left on his contract. I think he looks a decent player but I'd rank his chances of going in a year for nothing as likely so it makes sense to sell.

He was hit and miss for us. He is currently one of those players who looks fantastic for a handful of games in every 10-12 games. He now needs regular games and he is more likely to do that at Derby. I'm sure he will develop into a decent player, but probably a very good Championship player at best who may end up at teams who are at the lower end of the Premier League.

Personally, I will never forgive him for a shocking miss against the dingles at Ewood!!!

On 17/08/2017 at 9:26 PM, Bluebird Hewitt said:

We've signed Omar Bogle from Wigan, reportedly for £1m. I have absolutely no idea what he's like but I hope this isn't a sign that we could be looking to sell Zohore (Hull have recently had a bid rejected and Brighton have supposedly scouted him as well).

The Wigan fans on social media don't seem to rate him too much. He certainly didn't live up to expectation last season for them and his goal return wasn't great. Maybe it will improve now he is playing in a better squad.

• The title was changed to EFL Transfers & Rumours
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived