talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

It's always a laugh listening to people like that. They spend half the time saying Manchester United are great and Liverpool are rubbish and the other half saying they have to play defensively at Anfield otherwise they'd get battered. It's an incredibly stupid argument, but it isn't new; we heard the same sorts of things after United played exactly the same game at Anfield last season.

To his credit, Neil Custis (whoever he is) did offer a new piece of stupidity by completely misdefining 'parking the bus' and then arguing that that's not what Mourinho did xD

obviously when Mourinho does it, it's tactical genius. When other teams do it, it's not fair and against the spirit of the game!

:D 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, HK85 said:

I see Jose had a little dig at managers crying about injuries after the Benfica game, mainly Conte. 

He must have forgotten he done the same last season. 

Yeah, It's made the European press too...  Italy, Spain and Portugal reported Mourinho's words and to be honest he seems to have a short memory.  Forget last season, because at Real Madrid he went throughout his whole second season there crying about injuries (which in fairness he had many).  But words always come back to haunt you.

5 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Mourinho: "12 matches 10 wins, 2 draws, 9 clean sheets, we are not bad."

Mourinho: "Sometimes I feel being good defensively is a crime, but that is a way of getting results."

https://mobile.twitter.com/utdxtra/status/920050211258617859

:congrats: Neil Custis summed up the Man Utd vs Liverpool PERFECTLY!! but of course, the Liverpool silly fans still believe they were the better team. xD

Good teams never need to park the bus :coffee:

30 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Mourinho has such a big ego that he expects everything to be perfect and go his way which obviously will never happen which leads to him being permanently irate.

I cant wait for us to hammer them, Mourinho's reaction is going to be hilarious  xD

3 hours ago, HK85 said:

I see Jose had a little dig at managers crying about injuries after the Benfica game, mainly Conte. 

He must have forgotten he done the same last season. 

Poor Jose, he really cant get past his times at Chelsea. I do feel for him. Living in a hotel away from family manager of a club he does not want to be at.

You just have to look at him at ANY press conference ~ He is the shadow of the man he once was and just this last week telling all United will be not his last club and he isnt not signing a new 5 year contract. Would that be a come n get me to Paris? His daughter will be finished at University next year and his son already chooses Paris over United to watch.

We will see  :ay:

• Upvote 1

What's worse is that Mourinho's teams are in fact capable of playing great football, as previous seasons have shown. 

He's a lot more cautious now, as I firmly believe the 5-0 defeat to Barca, 5-2 defeat to Spurs, and 4-0 defeat to Us forever lingers in his mind. 

37 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Current team: Undefeated 

ex-team: Lost to Burnley AND Palace, a team that hadnt score. 

its not hard seeing who got the L Cicero!

Most expensive team in the world, parking the bus against a team with a poor defence. 

Talk about taking the L xD

40 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

you're acting like a draw is a terrible result xD

2014/15 chelsea had draws against Man Utd, Citeh, and Sunderland among others. Mourinho's team had fewer points, a very small difference,  than Conte's but i rather my team have more draws than Losses (Mourinho's team only had 3). 

This behavior of yours is understandable, you had the expectation of challenging for the title but after seeing the Ls to Burnley and Palace, those expectations went down the drain quickly. its okay cicero! 

Who said anything about a draw you muppet? It's the matter of it. Parking the bus with the most expensive team ever assembled, against a side in poor form and a shite defence. Definitely title winning material there. 

In 2015, we beat Liverpool at Anfield. Drew at United, and Drew at City, whilst being the better team in all three. You won't see that Mourinho anymore. 

Mourinho is a result driven manager, and the spanking we gave him last year will forever be in his mind. Hence the bus being firmly parked against any top side away. 

And last I checked, the season didn't end in October :coffee:

Edited by Cicero

There is no doubt many United fans were disappointed in the way Mourinho set the team up against Liverpool.  I certainly thought we would be more adventurous and attack Liverpool's defence which is their weak spot.

Mourinho's game plan was to sit back and defend for the first hour or so and catch Liverpool on the break when they opened up going for the win.  However, Liverpool never took off their extra midfielder to bring on a another striker and the game never opened up enough for United to catch them on the counter.

I would have liked to see Mourinho do more to open up the game and go for the win, but he has United playing more cautiously since Pogba has been out.  But if he had went for the win in the last 10 minutes and Liverpool scored a winner, he would have been criticized. Hopefully the one point gained will be a important over the course of the season.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

THANK god someone actually watched the same game i saw. 2 clear chances, one for each team and yet the Liverpool fans here keep claiming that Liverpool was the better team. :rofl: if pogba had played, i have no doubt it would of been another easy 4-0 victory. i must admit, arsenal did GREAT business for selling Alex Oxlade-chamberlain, the dude is average af. 

33 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinhobelieves he gets more criticism for adopting defensive tactics because of the number of titles he has won and refused to back down over his apparent dig at Antonio Conte.

Mourinho was branded 'an enemy of football' after United held Liverpool to a goalless draw at Anfield last week before they edged Benfica in their third successiveChampions League win on Wednesday night.

United had one attempt on target at Liverpool yet their approach was put into perspective in midweek after the win in Lisbon, where Mourinho reminded his detractors United have won 10 of their 13 games and kept nine clean sheets. United had previously not won three consecutive matches in the Champions League since Sir Alex Ferguson's final season. Mourinho feels he is a victim of his own success.

"I think it’s my fault because people are used to my teams getting good results and winning titles," Mourinho declared. "Other people have more time than I have. Other people have different standards than I have and that’s not a problem for me at all.

Read More

"We are going to lose matches, that’s obvious, and I can imagine we are going to have even more criticism than we have now. But honestly, no problem [with the criticism].

"It’s not a motivation. It doesn't change my mind or my stability. We work hard, we try to do the best we can and get the best possible results.

"In relation to the last match, speaking about the Champions League I would like to know - because I don’t know - when United last won two consecutive matches away? I would like to know the last time United won nine points from three matches in the Champions League. We are doing okay."

Chelsea coach Conte was riled by Mourinho's claim other managers 'cry and cry and cry' about injuries on Wednesday evening and branded the issue as 'stupid' at his Friday press conference. Mourinho was unperturbed by Conte's remarks, though.

Read More

"I don’t speak to him," Mourinho added. "I don’t know why he speaks to me. That’s no problem. Maybe it’s not his fault. Maybe it’s the journalists’ fault when probably they’ve passed him a wrong message.

"I know what I said after the match, which is basically the same as I said in the first answer. It is the reality. There are managers all over the world that, by philosophy, they prefer to speak about injuries, prefer to try to find excuses of a hypothetical failure based on injuries.

"Since last season we had big injuries and last season without Lukaku and Zlatan was even more important for us. Our philosophy is not to moan, not to cry. I moan and cry about other things. I moan about the fixtures, moan about no time to rest. I moan about why I don’t understand why we play Saturday after Wednesday when we should play Sunday. I moan about this all the time but not about injuries.

Mourinho and Conte have had differing starts to the season

Mourinho and Conte have had differing starts to the season

"When managers says I moan about the fixtures then he is right but nobody can say I moan about injuries because I always try to speak about opportunities for other players.

"Would Scott McTominay have made his Champions League debut if we had Michael Carrick, Paul Pogba and Marouane Fellaini available? No, he wouldn’t even be on the bench. It was an opportunity for a kid."

Poor Jose, he really cant get past his times at Chelsea. I do feel for him. Living in a hotel away from family, manager of a club he does not want to be at.

You just have to look at him at ANY press conference ~ He is the shadow of the man he once was and just this last week telling all United will be not his last club and he isnt not signing a new 5 year contract. Would that be a come n get me to Paris? His daughter will be finished at University next year and his son already chooses Paris over United to watch.

Say it aint so United fans   :dam:

4 hours ago, Cannabis said:

People bringing up the fact Jose lives in a hotel aren't half licking windows for a living, he's going to be in a suite bigger than most people's houses, its not as if he's living out of a suitcase in a three star B&B.

He could be living in a Palace fit for a King or Queen, but without his family living there with him, your point is worthless.