talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 22nd March, 2017 - Germany 1-0 England

football forum

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a way to end your international career, with a cracking goal! Bravo, Lukas :congrats:

Match was boring all in all. Using our B-Team against a small team like England was enough to get a win :219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

Lovely to see a vintage Poldi rocket on his farewell. 49 goals in 130 matches mainly from the wing is a very good return. 3rd top scorer in Germany's history.

49 goals and a World Cup. You guys don't even like him that much and he's matched Bobby Charlton. xD

Thought we were decent and did little wrong for the majority of the game other than not taking our chances.

The system looks good and thought Walker & Bertrand did very well in the full-back roles. Livermore did well too. Cause for optimism but we've certainly been here before.

• Administrator

Absolute rocket from Podolski and he leaves how many people will remember him - that powerful left foot coming good one last time.

I actually thought England played pretty well and were well on top when it got to half-time. Not sure what changed tactically from both sides but the tempo seemed to drop in the 2nd half and we seemed to give more time to Germany on the ball. Perhaps legs got tired from all the pressing but it was a promising performance.

Should comfortably beat Lithuania. 
I did love the Gladiator music when Podolski got subbed xD 

football forum

Saw the goal on Sky Sports, made up that Podolski went out like that as I've always thought he seemed a decent bloke.

On another note, the England away kit is gorgeous, one of the best we've ever had for me.

England should have comfortably scored 2 or 3.

The problem with taking positivity and hope from that is there are literally no competitive games like this. We either play someone parking the bus or someone high quality and well drilled. We don't get to play open confused sides like that mishmash German team was.

• The title was changed to Wednesday 22nd March, 2017 - Germany 1-0 England
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived