talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sunday 26th March - World Cup Qualifiers (European)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very deserved win for us. But sadly its also very typical of this team and Strachan to produce possibly the best performance in years, only when it was absolutely necessary to salvage even a glimmer of hope. 

I don't have any serious expectations of getting to Russia but at least we can avoid the soul-crushing realisation of failure for a little longer.

However, if Stuart Armstrong can keep developing after recently blooming into such a player (seriously, his first cap and he basically dragged us to the win), and if prospects like Burke and Tierney can reach their potential, we could have a decent side one day. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Watched ten minutes of the England game and I know they get a load of stick but if it wasn't for the band, you'd have thought people were doing a 90 minute silence for the Westminster attacks.

The atmosphere is utterly appalling. It's almost like a charity match now.

Btw: Scotland should not play games at Hampden. It's a shite, soulless stadium, and it's definitely too big when you're charging £40 a seat. 

It was a do or die game tonight and all we could muster was a half-full venue with a dire atmosphere. I would even prefer Ibrox. 

Parkhead has the issue of being even bigger than Hampden , but if you charge something reasonable, and give people a reason to come (like, I dunno, a must-win game against England to keep our WC hopes alive) it's the best atmosphere we can get. 

That roar when Maloney scored against Ireland still makes me well up, even though we didn't get to France in the end. At the time it was our most important game to have a chance. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived