talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

23rd/28th/29th March - World Cup Qualifiers (South American)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our games since the Copa America

Bolivia 2-0 Peru (3 points won anyways)

Peru 2-1 Ecuador

Peru 2-2 Argentina

Chile 2-1 Peru

Paraguay 1-4 Peru

Peru 0-2 Brazil

Venezuela 2-2 Peru

Peru 2-1 Uruguay

14 points won. Moved up to 18th in the ranking (and now due to move into 17th). 7th in the table with 18 points. As I said, I think we'll narrowly miss out. We'll win our last 2 home games (vs Bolivia and Colombia) and probably lose both away games (Ecuador and Argentina).

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Remember when Uruguay were a tremendous force? Forlan, Suarez, Diego Perez and Godin+Lugano partnership. Kinell they have declined since 2011

Uruguay is a very small country, with only 3.5 million inhabitants. It is really tough for them to replace players on decline. I think  they overachieve with what they have. They're still in a much better position than they were in the late 90s, early 2000s. Recoba was an amazing talent but he never ended up living the promisse. 

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Remember when Uruguay were a tremendous force? Forlan, Suarez, Diego Perez and Godin+Lugano partnership. Kinell they have declined since 2011

I still firmly believe they are one of the best sides in the world. They have the best forward line and best defender. The problem is they have a very stagnant manager with a long ball tactic that won't work very well away from home. Last night they were completely outplayed for example, it was against a Peru team playing among the best football in the continent but in very few moments they actually looked like winning the game. Contrary to Argentina who were also outplayed here in Lima but at times looked like they would go onto win it.

I don't get how Cebolla Rodriguez is still playing for the NT. He's 33 and at Peñarol. It's fine to have domestic players but not when they are basically finished. Extremely stagnant.

9 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

Uruguay is a very small country, with only 3.5 million inhabitants. It is really tough for them to replace players on decline. I think  they overachieve with what they have. They're still in a much better position than they were in the late 90s, early 2000s. Recoba was an amazing talent but he never ended up living the promisse. 

They have a very good upcoming generation, but Tabarez isn't giving them chances. De Arrascaeta is the biggest example. Much better than Lodeiro.

22 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

They have a very good upcoming generation, but Tabarez isn't giving them chances. De Arrascaeta is the biggest example. Much better than Lodeiro.

Lodeiro is very overrated and I agree, Arrascaeta is better than him. / Is Pellegrini still unemployed? I think Argentina should fire Bauza and go after him. He is a really good coach imo.

4 hours ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Brazil is the only good team out of the conmebol, the rest are average. 

I don't see many top international teams full stop at the moment to be honest. Only Brazil and Spain impress me right now, Germany to an extent also and even Spain aren't THAT great anymore.

Club football is where it's at. International football is wank.

2 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I don't see many top international teams full stop at the moment to be honest. Only Brazil and Spain impress me right now, Germany to an extent also and even Spain aren't THAT great anymore.

Germany for me is the best team in the world. They play poorly against the weaker teams and win. They then go up against the bigger sides and impress. That's exactly what happened in the last World Cup. Poor against Ghana, Algeria and USA but won 2 of those games and impressed against Portugal, Brazil and France. When it mattered. Still think Argentina were better in that final though.

36 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

Lodeiro is very overrated and I agree, Arrascaeta is better than him. / Is Pellegrini still unemployed? I think Argentina should fire Bauza and go after him. He is a really good coach imo.

De Arrascaeta is what Uruguay need. A playmaker. They have the best forward line in the world as I said and they'd score more if they had that playmaker. Tabarez is too stubborn to get past the 2010 success though. He barely ever changes up the side. Cebolla Rodriguez still being in the team says it all really.

10 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I've always preferred the international game, and it's not even close.  I'd rather watch Costa Rica vs. Japan than Chelsea vs. Bayern Munich. 

• 1 month later...

Bolivia to get their points back apparently.

I can't say it doesn't bother me as I smell hypocrisy on CONMEBOL's part, but I never had faith for us to qualify for the WC anyways so I'll probably get over it very quickly. It doesn't take away from the fact we've been playing extremely well and that's what I've wanted from Peru in a long time. Shame we began too late.

Hilarious. You accuse a team like Peru for cheating against Brazil and then are "happy for Bolivia" for getting back points which they cheated to get. Fucking mong, your views are blatant and everyone knows it. You're a genuine embarrassment.

Anyways, Icardi and Papu Gomez have been called up to Argentina. Aguero is NOT in the squad @Cicero

Peru have 3 new faces. Jose Manzaneda, Alex Succar and Alexi Gomez. Alexi Gomez has NO place in the squad. The other 2 are on there deservedly. No Callens though.

Early rumours that Ricardo Gareca has signed a contract extension until 2022. Fantastic news if true. He's the best manager we've had since Oblitas. As I said many times before, this current Peru team is the best in 2 decades. May his reign continue.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived