talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

23rd/28th/29th March - World Cup Qualifiers (South American)

Just now, Cicero said:

Wish the Uruguay v Brasil and Argentina vs Chile were televised on different days or at least 2 hours from each other. Two massive games. 

Sadly, the only 4 teams that play at different hours for home games are Bolivia, Ecuador, Colombia and Peru. The former 3 play early to take advantage of the UV rays and the heat. Peru always plays last. 9:15 local time. So when those teams are away the games are usually together.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colombia are seriously dreadful. There's a reason I've been saying Peru and Ecuador are better than Colombia. They create nothing at all and its been the same the last 5 games now. Terrible defence as well. If this team goes to the World Cup I would be shocked.

Second half starting now. Bolivia may be using 7 debutants in their team and their 2 best players (Chumacero and Escobar) are missing, but Colombia have been so bad that they'll just need a half decent counter to score. I still expect a 1-0 win to Colombia or a 0-0 but its possibly gotten even worse than it was back in November.

Rumours that Bolivia registering only 2 keepers instead of 3 can have a default 3-0 win for Colombia if this finishes 0-0 or 0-1.

I feel bad for the players and fans that they have to deal with such an incompetent FA. Rules are rules but in this case does it matter? Its not used to cheat, if anything its a disadvantage to Bolivia than it is to anyone else. After the points that were taken earlier it would be harsh to take more off for this reason.

Penalty for Colombia. Dive from Cuadrado for me.

James misses it and gets the rebound and scores. Very wrong of them to do the typical Colombian celebration though. They don't deserve to be winning. Completely toothless and dreadful.

8 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

James misses it and gets the rebound and scores. Very wrong of them to do the typical Colombian celebration though. They don't deserve to be winning. Completely toothless and dreadful.

I got tweets from others for saying this on Twitter. Think people misunderstood me.

By this I mean they shouldn't do the typical Colombian celebration. Celebrate like any other player when they score, but not dancing around like they usually do. It can give the idea that Colombia's mentality is to focus more on their celebration than their performances. If they played well then I don't have a problem.

A win is a win, Colombia will take this regardless of their performance. I just don't agree with dancing around after that performance.

They need to improve or Ecuador will smash them next game.

Colombia won 1-0 vs Bolivia in a terrible game. Either they improve or Ecuador will absolutely batter them next week.

I got my narrow victory prediction spot on. It was a predictable result.

Brazil tie it up and Ecuador go 1-0 down. Paraguay through Bruno Valdez, Brazil through Paulinho

Edit: Just saw Paulinho's goal. Absolute rocket

Who chose the fucking camera zoom for this game? All I see at the bottom are the heads of people and cotton candy being brought around.

The worst half Peru has had since the Venezuela game in Lima. That pitch is unplayable too but the same can be said for Venezuela, its also affecting them.

They've outstrengthed us in the middle and we've missed our chances. I'd put Ruidiaz on to have a more attacking game on.

I fear this could get ugly for us if they score the 3rd.

@Berserker Why the fuck weren't Dybala and Gaitan in the squad? 

Shambles from Argentina again and got lucky with the penalty. Other than that they created fuck all considering the usual suspects are STILL getting selected. Defence kept Chile out of the game, and Mercado played a big part. 

Still no good signs for Argentina. They may have moved to third, but as things stand the whole set up still looks worrying. 

Luckily I watched this with a few friends and I'm going out with them later today, so that should cheer me up. The first half performance killed us. If we performed like we did second half all game, we would have won as it looked like the Peru side that I've been harping on about. The defence concerns me though, and I'm not sure if we'll be able to cope with Suarez and Cavani playing like that. I really like the attitude of Peru now, something that's been missing for a long time. Unfortunately the draw means fuck all and we won't be going to Russia. Need to win the rest of the games and have Colombia, Ecuador and Argentina drop many points. Colombia will drop many but Ecuador and Argentina? Doubt it.

Uruguay is a must win regardless of the fact that we're basically out. I want to finish 6th to show that we've been performing well and we deserve it really.

Speaking of Uruguay, lost 4-1 at the Centenario to Brazil. First home loss in 7 years (which I believe was also to Brazil). At the moment, the only team I can see give Brazil a game is Germany. There's genuinely no stopping them right now. They finally found the right manager who has given them hope to actually win the next World Cup. To think it was our historic win back in July that caused this.

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

@Berserker Why the fuck weren't Dybala and Gaitan in the squad? 

Shambles from Argentina again and got lucky with the penalty. Other than that they created fuck all considering the usual suspects are STILL getting selected. Defence kept Chile out of the game, and Mercado played a big part. 

Still no good signs for Argentina. They may have moved to third, but as things stand the whole set up still looks worrying. 

I think they'll lose to Bolivia next week because they'll have Chumacero and Escobar back I believe as well as playing in the altitude but they will definitely qualify now. They won't go far but they're in. Just to see now where they will finish in the table. The battle is really between Colombia and Ecuador now.

• Administrator

I love how Argentina in 3rd have scored 15 goals (with a strikeforce that could include Messi, Higuain, Aguero, Dybala, Di Maria) yet Venezuela in bottom spot have scored 16 goals xDxD 

So in the end, a few Colombians ended up agreeing with me on the silly dances. I'm actually a bit surprised, thought I was the only one. They also mentioned how they began with the "OLES" which I didn't mind at the time but its stupid behavior really. They should be relieved and worried.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived