The better place to talk football.

Hello

football forum

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

:tf:

Is Nobby Solano your favourite ever play and if not why?

Nolberto Solano was a great player, but if you could believe it he's not even in the top 5 of our nation ever. Certainly the second most successful Peruvian in Europe (behind Claudio Pizarro) but he did no doubt what many Peruvians can't do in the Prem. Made us somewhat more of a name in football despite our lack of world cups and I can't fault that.

2 hours ago, Cure said:

So then Brian. You're looking into being a sports journalist? I say go for it, you pursue your dreams and enjoy everything you do. You can achieve anything if you put your mind to it. Remember that. ^_^

Just saw this edit. I'd say right now I'm on good course. Already have some experience and I just started college. I've interviewed Pier Larrauri (ex Leicester City) and Aldo Corzo (current Peru international) and have also had experience in podcasts. Would like to try live podcasts sometime though as I need to practice my speaking a bit. Lastly, I'm a writer for World Football Index and By Far The Greatest Team.

I'm not in of course and I know this best but I'm happy with the direction things are going.

4 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Just saw this edit. I'd say right now I'm on good course. Already have some experience and I just started college. I've interviewed Pier Larrauri (ex Leicester City) and Aldo Corzo (current Peru international) and have also had experience in podcasts. Would like to try live podcasts sometime though as I need to practice my speaking a bit. Lastly, I'm a writer for World Football Index and By Far The Greatest Team.

I'm not in of course and I know this best but I'm happy with the direction things are going.

The biggest success will come from being happy where you are. If you stick to Peru or end up branching out to do sports journalism in other Spanish or English speaking countries you've come far.

Just now, Fusion said:

Who is the 2nd best GK in the world and why is it Ospina?

Ospina is the second best goalkeeper in the world of Colombia. Why? Because Franco Armani is better.

Just now, Cure said:

The biggest success will come from being happy where you are. If you stick to Peru or end up branching out to do sports journalism in other Spanish or English speaking countries you've come far.

I'll probably do some on Serie A as well, as that along with Peruvian football are my 2 specialties I'd say. I even took some Italian lessons to try and be fluent in a 3rd language. Unfortunately it overlapped with college times and I couldn't continue. I can read Italian to an extent but speaking it is still tough for me.

Just now, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I'll probably do some on Serie A as well, as that along with Peruvian football are my 2 specialties I'd say. I even took some Italian lessons to try and be fluent in a 3rd language. Unfortunately it overlapped with college times and I couldn't continue. I can read Italian to an extent but speaking it is still tough for me.

Might be a push as I'm not entirely sure where they play anymore if anywhere. The manager of the international team. It might be difficult to get hold of him but a well-constructed and professional interview with him could be like gold-dust for someone like yourself.

Just now, Cure said:

Might be a push as I'm not entirely sure where they play anymore if anywhere. The manager of the international team. It might be difficult to get hold of him but a well-constructed and professional interview with him could be like gold-dust for someone like yourself.

Its possible. I know a Paraguayan of my age that got an interview with Ramon Diaz. He was Paraguay's manager at the time but he's a legendary River Plate manager. I have contacts so its definitely a possibility but it wont be a "meet up and interview" thing like I did with these other 2 footballers. I'd likely need to have the questions ready and ask him if I get to meet him because of the contacts.

8 minutes ago, Spike said:

Go try it and report back to us. 

Its something I have to do. I'm very latino but I still have to try guinea pig + learn how to dance salsa. Having lived in Canada 12 years doesn't help either matter :(

1 minute ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Thanks.. quick question, how is Andre Carillo for you?

Not getting enough playing time, understandably. Our squad is full of brilliant wingers and I'm afraid he doesn't cut top 2... for now.

He's been decent all considered though. A bit lazy but he's brilliant when he wants to.

1 minute ago, Machado said:

Not getting enough playing time, understandably. Our squad is full of brilliant wingers and I'm afraid he doesn't cut top 2... for now.

He's been decent all considered though. A bit lazy but he's brilliant when he wants to.

His consistency problems are gone thankfully. He's a player who can beat any fullback in the world. He's literally impossible to outspeed and stop on the ball but his end product is so bad and he's not composed at all. I think he should be Peru's winger especially seeing Farfan is no longer on the team but he's still got work to do.

Archived