talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Holiday Thread

football forum

Have a real dilemma. For my October/November trip I can't decide whether I should bus from Arequipa to Northern Argentina (Salta, Jujuy and Tucuman) or just fly to Punta Arenas or Ushuia and explore the Patagonia. Of course those 2 cities are on the southern tip of the continent.

6 hours ago, Blue said:

Have a real dilemma. For my October/November trip I can't decide whether I should bus from Arequipa to Northern Argentina (Salta, Jujuy and Tucuman) or just fly to Punta Arenas or Ushuia and explore the Patagonia. Of course those 2 cities are on the southern tip of the continent.

Have a wank.

40 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Went to Lisbon on Friday for a Stag weekend. Cracking city.

Went to the Benfica game Friday night. Have to say @Machado, lovely stadium and a half decent game too. Locals were spot on. You have great fans.

IMG_4799.thumb.JPG.6f7d0b8052ac77d2c23c6d1ceb4d29df.JPG

Shame you had the misfortune of watching one of our worst home performances in a long time... Glad you had a good time though and enjoyed everything else :D

6 hours ago, Danny said:

It's the second place out of our group so with a bit of luck England, against the first place in Group C which will probably be PNG.

Yeah, I'd be hugely surprised to see anyone but England finish 2nd. That either means they beat Australia in their own back yard or flop against the French or Lebanese, which would almost certainly see Wayne Bennett sacked. 

Group C is a funny one. Wales did excellently in 2013 but I don't know if they'll replicate that, a shed load of Australians are going to declare themselves Irish anytime now and PNG should be strong, especially on their own patch. 

8 hours ago, Anton said:

Sounds fucking horrible. 

Could be worse, I watched an A League game a few months ago :coffee:

6 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Yeah, I'd be hugely surprised to see anyone but England finish 2nd. That either means they beat Australia in their own back yard or flop against the French or Lebanese, which would almost certainly see Wayne Bennett sacked. 

Group C is a funny one. Wales did excellently in 2013 but I don't know if they'll replicate that, a shed load of Australians are going to declare themselves Irish anytime now and PNG should be strong, especially on their own patch. 

The PNG Hunters are in the final of the Queensland Cup too, away from their NRL players they must have a decent squad there too

• 3 weeks later...

Been planning for next year this weekend.

My GF wanted to learn a new language so I enrolled her on an adult evening class learning French. It ends in March and our two year anniversary is during this month so seems appropriate to take her to Paris. Neither of us have ever been. Any tips on location and where best to stay?

I'm also researching New York for December 2018. Again, any tips on where best to stay would be appreciated.

Managed to cross off a lot of the major cities to visit over the past few years so doing these two will make me quite content.

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

• Administrator

back home after a long weekend in the heartland of Snowdonia National Park, staying in a village called Dolwyddelan. 

Climbing up Mount Snowdon brought out an adventurous side in me that I didn't know I would love. Despite the cold, wet and windy conditions and the torrential rain and thick fog at the top, felt an immense sense of achievement at climbing such a mountain despite never having any climbing experience before. 

The scenery and imagery is fantastic throughout. I would post pictures at the summit but the fog was so thick I could barely see my own friends let alone anything up there. And the cafe was shut which was pretty shit!

Here are some pictures from the last 48 hours

IMG_20171014_101050.jpg

IMG_20171014_104651.jpg

IMG_20171014_130407.jpg

IMG_20171014_132125.jpg

IMG_20171014_132249.jpg

IMG_20171014_142406.jpg

PANO_20171014_130539.jpg

PANO_20171014_132322.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Going to Vietnam early December for two-three weeks or so, depending on how much I spend on nightlife first few nights in Saigon xD Planning a few short bus, ferry and train trips while I'm there to see as much of the country as possible.