talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Holiday Thread

football forum

On 27/09/2023 at 13:45, Carnivore Chris said:

Fuck it, I might do a City break in Madrid in March and go and watch Atlético vs Barcelona at the Metropolitano. Also could do a trip to Toledo while there.

I'm not booking anything yet though as I have 2 holidays(both for a week) before the end of the year so I'll sort it out after Christmas.

I watched a few street tour videos on Toledo.  Would love to see it if I get to Spain.

Zaragoza is on that list as well, although it's hot af there in the summer.  Would need to do spring or fall.

20 hours ago, Danny said:

The cultural difference between a few days in Lisbon and then finding yourself in the strip in Albufeira must be similar to the feeling of coming off heroin

How do you mean? What's so different? 

On 29/09/2023 at 12:24, Coma said:

I watched a few street tour videos on Toledo.  Would love to see it if I get to Spain.

Zaragoza is on that list as well, although it's hot af there in the summer.  Would need to do spring or fall.

Yeah, it'll be boiling in central Spain in summer. 

Toledo looks nice but going to a new ground, would be itself. Atléti, Athletic Bilbao, Sevilla and Real Betis are the main ones, but in March Barcelona play both Athletic Club and Atlético Madrid away so those were the 2 options, although the period where Barcelona play Atleti would be the ideal time to go, as I'd have spent alot with the holiday next week, the one in December and then Christmas itself.

To be fair, they both know how to create an atmosphere.

For you, I think Andalucía, followed by the Valencia region, then finished off in Mallorca(or Menorca) driving around and seeing an island, would probably be the perfect trip to be honest.

Edited by Carnivore Chris
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

How do you mean? What's so different? 

Lisbon is really nice and going straight to Albufeira feels like being in an episode of black mirror.

The beach is great in Albufeira, if you stay out of the main town then things feel fine (i.e playing golf) but the town itself, the shops and restaurants catered to Brits Abroad, terrible.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Gonna visit Chile and Mendoza in January. I've been to Chile for like 4-5 hours a few months ago, but this is the first time I'm going for more than that. My goal is to reach Puerto Williams, the southernmost city in the world. I want to go back to Argentina though so I'm taking advantage it's so nearby.

Sky had flight tickets for about $30 USD one way, that's a good start.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 08/12/2023 at 10:21, Carnivore Chris said:

Some nice views mate. 

You have any plans to go anywhere else any time soon?

Fuerteventura tomorrow 😎.

Cala Millor in May/June, Slovakia again at some point and also wouldn’t mind somewhere different…. Such as Iceland, for a long weekend.

Great pictures by the way :)

5 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

Cala Millor in May/June, Slovakia again at some point and also wouldn’t mind somewhere different…. Such as Iceland, for a long weekend.

Didn't you go to Cala Millor last year as well? I remember you saying. Looks nice on that side of Mallorca.

5 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

Great pictures by the way :)

Fuerteventura is great. Definitely recommended.

20231212_122542.jpg?ex=65a199e9&is=658f2

20231212_122121.jpg?ex=65a199ea&is=658f2

20231212_131130.jpg?ex=65a199ea&is=658f2

20231212_130625.jpg?ex=65a199ea&is=658f2

20231212_133301.jpg?ex=65a199ea&is=658f2

• Subscriber
51 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Didn't you go to Cala Millor last year as well? I remember you saying. Looks nice on that side of Mallorca.

Fuerteventura is great. Definitely recommended.

20231212_122542.jpg?ex=65a199e9&is=658f2

20231212_122121.jpg?ex=65a199ea&is=658f2

20231212_131130.jpg?ex=65a199ea&is=658f2

20231212_130625.jpg?ex=65a199ea&is=658f2

20231212_133301.jpg?ex=65a199ea&is=658f2

Nooo had to cancel. Then just went to Slovakia a few months after that. So this is why I want to go next year. 

What’ve you got planned in 2024 mate?

• 2 months later...