talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Holiday Thread

football forum

On 13/06/2017 at 8:24 PM, The Artful Dodger said:

Rome was absolutely incredible as a city, never been anywhere with such beauty continuously. Puts a city like London, which I love, well in the shade. Will definitely go back, maybe in a cooler month as the heat did make getting around difficult at the peak of the day, hopefully include Florence too.

Hoping to get to Berlin towards the end of the year.

I thought Rome ruined Europe for me at the time, such an amazing city and I'm definitely going to go back with the missus instead of my mates this time.

But went to Paris with the missus and that was something else, you don't realise what you've got on your doorstep in Europe.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Batard said:

We're in Zakynthos, the resort is nice, surrounding areas aren't much to write home about to be honest.

The weather is incredible though, hotel is mint and food is good too and that's enough for me. A week is more than adequate. I'd go stir crazy in this heat for more than a week.

You on a beer holiday or missus vacation? 

both mate. Lots of beer, sun, sand, sea and no doubt sex :D 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Went to Hurdlow in Derbyshire for a weekend in March and last weekend did my annual family weekend in Skegness, showing my true East Midlands colours xD

Off to Benidorm for a week in a months time with one group of mates and off to Lanzarote in September for a week with another. Can't see myself doing two different week long holidays for a while after these as I need to start putting a bit of money aside.

Had a long weekend Stag do in Berlin. Brilliant trip.

Some cracking stories but kid you not, the weirdest thing to happen was have a bloke naked in the park, wanking at us with his thumb up as we went by on the beer bike. Odd.

Edited by Lucas

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Lucas said:

Had a long weekend Stag do in Berlin. Brilliant trip.

Some cracking stories but kid you not, the weirdest thing to happen was have a bloke naked in the park, wanking at us with his thumb up as we went by on the beer bike. Odd.

Don't worry, that's just @Tsubasa. Harmless. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

Looking at going Valencia with the missus in October.

Anyone recommend anything about this lovely city? Places to stay (preferably closer to the beach). Any places of interest - shopping centres/malls, obviously Mestalla, any recommended places to stay near the beach (if so, any particular beaches or areas nearby)...

6 hours ago, Stan said:

Looking at going Valencia with the missus in October.

Anyone recommend anything about this lovely city? Places to stay (preferably closer to the beach). Any places of interest - shopping centres/malls, obviously Mestalla, any recommended places to stay near the beach (if so, any particular beaches or areas nearby)...

Based myself there for La Tomatina. I can't recall the name of the church but they claim to have like a holy grail or some shit. Other than that, I didn't do much as I was super hungover. Oops.

• Administrator
19 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Side note but EE letting you use your data for free in Spain. Amazing.

19 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Everyone is now. Been like that since June 15th.

yep, all network providers offering for free but will most likely change if/when Brexit happens. Giving a bit of a sweetener for now and then hike the charges up later on...

11 hours ago, Anton said:

Very true! 

He won't come to Perth though :(

Well the Roar are playing Perth Glory at home around that time. Do an away day and there I'll be. Perth Glory are my A-League side as I've mentioned many times before :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Won a few bets recently and got a paid job at a press in Peru, so I'm looking at another trip within the country. I'm thinking Tacna which is in the very south of the country and right above Arica, Chile. At the start of the Atacama, so it'd be a cool adventure. Extremely difficult to access though, so I'll probably have to fly to Arequipa and then take a 5 hour bus from there.

30 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Won a few bets recently and got a paid job at a press in Peru, so I'm looking at another trip within the country. I'm thinking Tacna which is in the very south of the country and right above Arica, Chile. At the start of the Atacama, so it'd be a cool adventure. Extremely difficult to access though, so I'll probably have to fly to Arequipa and then take a 5 hour bus from there.

I'm seriously contemplating a HUGE americas trip next year so will be looking for your advice and @Berserker's if I definitely decide upon it.