talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dating, Relationships and Marriage Thread

football forum

• Administrator
Just now, FOYM said:

Sorry to hear that Stan. I've never had that sort of worry myself, always been lucky in that sense but I can imagine it's a gut wrench thinking about how she truly perceives you and your responsibilities away from the relationship. 

In the last month or so me and the missus had our first "row"...i put that in quotation marks because neither of us got angry, it didn't get heated, we just had a disagreement about something silly (as you do, and it was my fault) and we ended up barely speaking for a day or two...obviously when it's the early stages of a relationship, this sort of thing can be a killer, but I can honestly say that it's made me change my mentality for the better and I have becone a lot more laid back. Its weird the effect this woman has had on me so far, she's fucking amazing. She can be a pain in the arse sometimes and a cheeky shit, but i couldnt imagine my life right now without the lass.

Sorry for the soppy bollock ending, I'm gonna go cut down a tree to regain man points. 

yeah it's a shame because she says we're perfect for each other but I wonder if that's just because I've been someone to go on holiday with and be a boyfriend to have. Sounds weird saying this when we've been together for just over a year and a half now! 

In relation to your point, we've never actually had a row either and it's something I'm glad for. I'm not a confrontational person so when we talk about the tricky stuff we approach it calmly and sensibly and there's no point in arguing about something that will need resolving later on anyway. Also can't imagine life without mine but yesterday was probably the most emotional it's been and it's probably because there were maybe some home truths or realisations about the future of our relationship.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Storts said:

Had our two year anniversary a couple of weeks back, never thought I'd be in such a comfortable relationship, pretty stress free. She's wonderful - I get freedom. Big decisions down the road which will loom larger as time goes on but trying to avoid such difficult conversations for now.

How are you two years together?? I could have swore you said you met her not long ago. I've not even been with mine for 2 years yet

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Danny said:

How are you two years together?? I could have swore you said you met her not long ago. I've not even been with mine for 2 years yet

Time flies my friend, 26th June 2015 we first got together. 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Danny said:

Also, if you don't take a chance to move to the States I will hunt you down and chop your willy in half, from the japs eye backwards.

The US is so far behind the UK on so many things - doesn't appeal to me right now. Won't be moving until I've had at least a couple of years in the new stadium too 

I would never live in the states, but that's just me, my American mates with actual brains just can't believe the mess that the country is in regards to a fair few things. (minus Hawaii, would live there lol) 

Fair play to you Storts, I struggled doing a relationship for 1.5 years living 2.5 hours away from my ex gf. Once a week seeing her wasn't enough for me.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

How often do you see each other out of interest? Must be strange having a relationship over the pond.

Every 2 months I'd say on average. She's coming over on Thursday for a month, off to Croatia for some of that. Hard work but also nice to have freedom to be able to do what I want to do as well 

5 hours ago, Storts said:

Every 2 months I'd say on average. She's coming over on Thursday for a month, off to Croatia for some of that. Hard work but also nice to have freedom to be able to do what I want to do as well 

In those two years how many times have you been to the US? After your camp there. I'm just nosey. X 

4 minutes ago, Danny said:

I'm currently living in a hostel with my missus, backpackers hostel. We're both gunna be looking for sponsorship in Oz, love Sydney.

I'll sponsor you to walk back to Brentford. Shouldn't take you long.

• 1 month later...

Well things have deteriorated massively for me and the missus. The end of July ended with us not speaking for the best part of two weeks, we had a blow up, she said that she wasn't handling the pressures of a relationship well and I wasn't happy with her complete lack of communication over it, letting it come to a head. Anyways, since then we've barely spoke compared to what it was. Technically still a couple but we really haven't been in any shape or form.

I don't want things to end between us, I love the lass, and although she's not used to voicing all her feelings I know that she loves me too. I've told her that the only way forward is if we both dive headfirst into it and trust one another, learn from the mistakes that got it to where it ended up a month ago and just go back in with fresh minds. She's had plenty of time to herself over the last 6 weeks or what not, I'm not going to waste my time on her if she isnt committed to mending things. Anyways, I'll be asking for her answer tomorrow night, so I suppose I'll update you fuckers then haha. 

It'll either be joy or complete heartbreak 👌😂

• Administrator
On 10/07/2017 at 9:37 AM, Cannabis said:

How often do you see each other out of interest? Must be strange having a relationship over the pond.

Imagine what marriage was like. I've now got to file for overseas divorce.

• Administrator
14 hours ago, FOYM said:

Well things have deteriorated massively for me and the missus. The end of July ended with us not speaking for the best part of two weeks, we had a blow up, she said that she wasn't handling the pressures of a relationship well and I wasn't happy with her complete lack of communication over it, letting it come to a head. Anyways, since then we've barely spoke compared to what it was. Technically still a couple but we really haven't been in any shape or form.

I don't want things to end between us, I love the lass, and although she's not used to voicing all her feelings I know that she loves me too. I've told her that the only way forward is if we both dive headfirst into it and trust one another, learn from the mistakes that got it to where it ended up a month ago and just go back in with fresh minds. She's had plenty of time to herself over the last 6 weeks or what not, I'm not going to waste my time on her if she isnt committed to mending things. Anyways, I'll be asking for her answer tomorrow night, so I suppose I'll update you fuckers then haha. 

It'll either be joy or complete heartbreak 👌😂

correct thing to do and something I would have suggested anyway from sounds of it. A relationship never gets anywhere without communication so for her to not tell you her feelings was wrong on her part. It's unfair on you to have your time wasted if she's not wanting to be with you or be in a relationship. 

What do you think her answer will be? 

Good luck regardless.

I honestly don't know. My heart is leaning towards a yes but even if that happens there's going to be a shit ton of work involved. Things will change too, I'm not going forward if she isnt prepares to come out of her shell and communicate better. 

Thanks for the well wishes though man, I'll post an update when I get it sorted one way or another. 

• Administrator

Always lots of work to be done in a relationship!

My girlfriend just asked me if we can spend next weekend together. I said won't be able to as I'm going to watch football on Saturday. 

She says 'oh that's shit'. I say sorry (she already knew I was going anyway). 

I then ask her if she still wants to come here and spend the Sunday together.

'No'.

giphy.gif

Girls make no sense sometimes xDxD 

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, FOYM said:

No longer with the lass. 

She told me she wasn't in love with me anymore, couldn't see a future. 

So that's the rest of my year fucked up, yay.

sorry to hear that buddy. 

at least she's been straight with you, and (eventually) told you where she's at instead of stringing you along. Thinking positively, the pain you feel now will probably be the most you'll feel in the 'aftermath' of the break-up, so to speak. It's a raw feeling but in time you'll get used to this new change and now being single. 

although you were together a while, i'd find things to occupy yourself and try not to think about how it's ended too much. It won't help in the 'moving on' process and getting over her if you dwell on it. I don't know what these things will be but I'm sure you'll find something.

Having said that, I've never been the one who, when breaking up with someone or advising someone, would go out and get laid straight away and get a 'rebound' xD. If that works for you then so be it haha. 

Been together since february. Not that long at all, but for the longest time we both had a great connection and I really fell for the lass. 

She did string me along for about 5-6 weeks, and that's what upsets me the most because I deserved more respect. 

I'm not into the rebound shit either, can't be arsed with it. 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, FOYM said:

Been together since february. Not that long at all, but for the longest time we both had a great connection and I really fell for the lass. 

She did string me along for about 5-6 weeks, and that's what upsets me the most because I deserved more respect. 

I'm not into the rebound shit either, can't be arsed with it. 

oh yeah just read back you said it was end of July things weren't great. 

definitely right in saying you deserved more respect. not fair at all she strung you along for that amount of time. 

Archived