talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

SSC Napoli Discussion

football forum

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Are you seriously telling me ADL values his players accordingly? xD

You're the 6666 (FourSix) of Napoli and you aren't even from there.

Like I said mate... Trust me! I've been to games at the San Paolo and I know more Napoli fans than I have relatives. Koulibally isn't all that. Umtiti is twice the player he is and nobody knew who he was last summer. Chelsea got away with life in that one. 

I wanted him to play alongside Zouma :coffee: I follow Lyon's academy closely.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SirBalon said:

Are you seriously telling me ADL values his players accordingly? xD

You're the 6666 (FourSix) of Napoli and you aren't even from there.

Like I said mate... Trust me! I've been to games at the San Paolo and I know more Napoli fans than I have relatives. Koulibally isn't all that. Umtiti is twice the player he is and nobody knew who he was last summer. Chelsea got away with life in that one. 

I don't know what Foursix has said about Arsenal, but again he's valued at that because no one better will want to come. 

I've seen Napoli fans complain about Koulibaly and I personally couldn't care what they think. From my personal judgement, he's a very good defender who can commit the usual mistake here and there but is very good and the only saving grace in Napoli's backline this season. He's been the best of the 7 so I don't see why people can complain about him.

I also don't see how Umtiti is relevant to this discussion.

2 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I don't know what Foursix has said about Arsenal, but again he's valued at that because no one better will want to come. 

I've seen Napoli fans complain about Koulibaly and I personally couldn't care what they think. From my personal judgement, he's a very good defender who can commit the usual mistake here and there but is very good and the only saving grace in Napoli's backline this season. He's been the best of the 7 so I don't see why people can complain about him.

I also don't see how Umtiti is relevant to this discussion.

He is a good defender. No way am I saying he is a bad centre back. Don't get me wrong!

The issue here is that certain clubs speculated on his appointment and ADL overvalued him which is natural. But that overvaluation wasn't the same story as El Pipita. 

Just now, SirBalon said:

I watch a lot of football mate but I have to admit Umtiti was well out of my range. 

Not that I had seen much of him, I just have an interest in Lyon and I knew he was one of their up and coming stars. I place a lot of stock in that academy and scout network and it seems to churn out at least one or two stars every few years.  Even when they aren't sold abroad they will usually become very solid first teamers.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

He is a good defender. No way am I saying he is a bad centre back. Don't get me wrong!

The issue here is that certain clubs speculated on his appointment and ADL overvalued him which is natural. But that overvaluation wasn't the same story as El Pipita. 

Yes mate, he is overvalued. No disagreements there, but he's at that price for that reason. ADL wants to make a profit off of him because he knows no other CB's of his level will play for SSC Napoli. That's what I personally believe anyways

1 hour ago, Dalmore said:

If Napoli wants to prove something, here's their chance, tonight...

Napoli don't need to prove anything mate...  They already play the best football in Italy by a million miles.  They can't win anything there because Juve is the Real Madrid of Italy and Napoli is a dirty "Terrone" province in the south of Italy.

• 2 weeks later...

Napoli and Roma play the best football in Italy right now but Juventus is in referee's favor. not that Juventus doesn't have a good team 

, but the shouldn't be that far away from Roma and Napoli in the rankings.

• 1 month later...

Good news, that likely means the forward line remains the same which is how it should be. Napoli need to completely change that backline though. Koulibaly, Hysaj and Tonelli can stay, the rest can go.

Ghoulam - I've rated him before but this season he has been dreadful and many attacks have come successfully through his flank. I mentioned Giusseppe Pezzella in the U20 World Cup thread. Naples born. He surely isn't that expensive? I wouldn't sign him as a first teamer but at least for him to possibly develop in the future. Another first team LB is needed but according to rumours he's going to be given another season. Hopefully he gets back to his best.

Hysaj - A player with spirit and is good defensively. Unfortunately going forward he is absolutely useless. Keep him around but look for a new first teamer.

Chiriches - Not dreadful like some make him out to be but nowhere near good enough for Napoli. 

Tonelli - I like him. Good at set pieces and solid defensively. Definitely keep.

I've got no opinion on Albiol and Maksimovic. At least not at the moment.

Wonder how Milik will be used now that Mertens will likely keep playing as a 9. I doubt they'll bench fan favourite Insigne.

• 2 weeks later...

So the Juventus vice-president Pavel Nedved said that Juve have tried to sign Napoli's captain Marek Hamšík on several occasions and that on one of those Hamšík responded that he wants to signify the same thing Maradona does for Napoli and that he won't leave because of that.

Now...  I understand that Hamšík is presently a Napoli fan idol, but to use a name that is practically seen as god in that city is very far fetched and almost sacrilegious..

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

So the Juventus vice-president Pavel Nedved said that Juve have tried to sign Napoli's captain Marek Hamšík on several occasions and that on one of those Hamšík responded that he wants to signify the same thing Maradona does for Napoli and that he won't leave because of that.

Now...  I understand that Hamšík is presently a Napoli fan idol, but to use a name that is practically seen as god in that city is very far fetched and almost sacrilegious..

Now, I'm not here to compare Hamsik to Maradona as that would be very silly, but he's still arguably the best player in the league.

In the town where my wife is from in Naples (Sant Antimo) they celebrated like mad with fireworks and all sorts when Real won the Champions League on Saturday.  But these videos I've been passed by Some Napoli friends that live there are hilarious xD

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1732692273695612&id=1505902959707879

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1733606086937564&id=1505902959707879

10 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

In the town where my wife is from in Naples (Sant Antimo) they celebrated like mad with fireworks and all sorts when Real won the Champions League on Saturday.  But these videos I've been passed by Some Napoli friends that live there are hilarious xD

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1732692273695612&id=1505902959707879

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1733606086937564&id=1505902959707879

I'll be honest mate, I was cheering for Juve in the final but this was because not only am I a big fan of the league, but I also don't see Juve as a rival unless its domestically. I see Roma as more of a rival but both they and Juventus consider others bigger clasicos than us. Roma with Lazio at least. Its an unpopular opinion but I don't live in Italy so I don't really have to worry about arguing with any of them.

My ex girlfriends father was from Turin and a Juve fan so if I will still with her perhaps there would have been a debate xD

5 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I'll be honest mate, I was cheering for Juve in the final but this was because not only am I a big fan of the league, but I also don't see Juve as a rival unless its domestically. I see Roma as more of a rival but both they and Juventus consider others bigger clasicos than us. Roma with Lazio at least. Its an unpopular opinion but I don't live in Italy so I don't really have to worry about arguing with any of them.

My ex girlfriends father was from Turin and a Juve fan so if I will still with her perhaps there would have been a debate xD

You would be slapped around in Naples mate.  Honestly...  I don't think you understand these sorts of things and I'm not being condescending towards you because you're supporting from afar.  A Neapolitan (especially them) when asked where he's from, will never say Italy!  They'll always say "I'm a Neapolitan"...  But it's rather complicated because at the same time they do see themselves as Italian as in general the same thing happens throughout the whole of the south of the country.

There is NO reason for any Napoli fan to support ANYTHING whatsoever about Juventus no matter if they're even playing Satan himself.

7 minutes ago, Eco said:

If you look at the CL Final thread, I posted some videos are Inter fans made, including a 'funeral' for Juve. xD

My brother in law ended up having to get his throat checked out at the doctor because he screamed so much when the referee blew the final whistle.  Everyone thought he'd done some real damage.

Just now, SirBalon said:

You would be slapped around in Naples mate.  Honestly...  I don't think you understand these sorts of things and I'm not being condescending towards you because you're supporting from afar.  A Neapolitan (especially them) when asked where he's from, will never say Italy!  They'll always say "I'm a Neapolitan"...  But it's rather complicated because at the same time they do see themselves as Italian as in general the same thing happens throughout the whole of the south of the country.

There is NO reason for any Napoli fan to support ANYTHING whatsoever about Juventus no matter if they're even playing Satan himself.

Yeah mate, I'm a different Napoli fan. if I was a local perhaps it would be different but as you said, I'm as Burundian as I am Italian and honestly I don't see a problem with it if I do so here.

That said, I do firmly believe I have a good knowledge of the club, but again I'm not a local so its normal that I think differently.

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

There is NO reason for ANYONE to support ANYTHING whatsoever about Juventus no matter if they're even playing Satan himself.

:congrats: Fixed.

• 2 months later...

This should be Napoli's lineup this season

Reina

Hysaj - Koulibaly - Albiol - Ghoulam

Allan

Zielinski - Hamsik

Callejon - Mertens - Insigne

Basically the same as last year, which is never good news but I haven't seen this Ounas before so perhaps he's one that could fight his way to the first team. Napoli's transfer window has been pathetic. If I were to guess, image rights got in the way as usual. However, the project still remains. Zielinski is one of the best U23 midfielders in the world and holding onto him will be absolutely key to the future.

Koulibaly I hope goes back to the form he had at the start of last season. Ran off the pace a little after the AFCON but I still believe he's a top defender and one of the best this league has to offer. Albiol is normal and Hysaj is a spirited player but not great overall. Ghoulam I hope goes back to his best as he was terrible for a lot of last season.

Lastly, the forward line is scary on form but they need consistency, which I hope to see. If the team remains consistent, they will challenge for the title. That's a big IF though. 

On 6/6/2017 at 5:48 AM, SirBalon said:

If people didn't aim for the stars we wouldn't progress.

Archived