talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liga MX - México

football forum

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cecilio Dominguez is class, I've banged on about him since he was at Cerro in Paraguay and he's still going at it.

9 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Club America wins 2-0, cecilo Dominguez score both.

Mateus Uribe, colombian midfielder is our last signing for this season.

Why? Uribe isn't that good. He's a decent midfielder but nothing on what Nacional have had in the past.

Lobos BUAP had an excellent start to the season. 4 points out of 6 is good but I'm not surprised. They have a solid squad with the 2 Quinonez, Advincula, Aquino and some Mexican rejects who have shown good signs early on that they know how to play football. 4-0 win over Queretaro, both Advincula and Aquino were excellent. The best player though was ex Tigres Julian Quinonez who ran rings around Queretaro. Volpi also had a good game, and none of the Lobos goals were his fault. He conceded 4 though, so naturally he's going to get ignored but he did well to keep los Gallos Blancos in the game for some time. After the second, it was done. 

I fancy Lobos to sneak into the 8th seed as my bold prediction. I think they've built a strong enough squad to sneak in like Necaxa last year. 

• 2 weeks later...

Think the  top 8 in the league table will end up like this.

1. Monterrey

2. Atlas

3. Club America

4. Toluca

5. Tigres

6. Lobos

7. Pumas

8. Pachuca

Monterrey look the favourites this year. They have a bit of an older squad but they have some cracking forwards. Hurtado, Pabon and Funes Mori should all do well and despite losing Cardona to Boca, I can see them finishing first. They have better defensive midfielders than Tigres and arguably a better backline too. Not sure if they'll be crowned Apertura Champions but they'll do well I'm sure.

Club America will gel eventually and finish third. They still have the second best squad in the league and arguably the deepest side. As always, Club America is Club America. They don't always have to play well to win. With a good manager like Piojo, they'll get far and would be my second favourites to win behind Monterrey. Funnily enough I put them third, but that's because I don't believe Atlas will make a Liguilla run.

Tigres with their lack of a great DM will struggle as I've been saying. They have great forwards but they really don't need so many. Their games will have a lot of goals involved for sure, both for and against. Think they need to find one quick or they won't do as well as they'd like. Pizarro is a big loss for them. They are still one of the favourites anyhow.

I predicted Lobos to get in the liguilla as my shock prior to the season and I stand by that. The 2 Peruvians, Aquino and Advincula are both excellent and have already made a big start to the season. Their best player is probably Julian Quinonez though who is on loan from Tigres. Already faced discipline problems but on the pitch he is very good. 

Pumas should also sneak in. If they keep Nicolas Castillo healthy then I have no doubt they'll make a run. Have a few other decent players like Calderon, Formica and Rabello. Guerron is finished for me. Reputable player in the league but he's past it.

I think Monarcas will miss out. They have a great defence and good forwards, but they can really only get goals through Ruidiaz and they barely get forward. That middle is a shambles as Aldo Rocha and Ozuna are both poor footballers. They're a very compact side but they need to score more than just through one man. He's been injured this early part of the season and its been showing that they can't score without him.

37 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

cecilio Dominguez with three goals, best player so far. his goal versus pumas was my favorite. chivas is club America's biggest rival but it doesnt compare to the hate between pumas and america. Two clubs that are located really close to each other, the youth players from both teams know each other very well and the youth games are always competitive and the fans hate each other with a passion. 

i prefer players to score consistently like cecilio does unlike ruidiaz who has two or three games with hat-tricks versus weak opponents. no wonder there was NO interest for him in the Liga Mx Draft. 

I bet Ruidiaz is devastated at your opinion on him.

0d3709007ed8d14619950f9bb7fd00d2.png

"stats are meaningless"

The hypocrite scale just broke xD

You're clearly just bitter that a player who hasn't finished top scorer in Peru since 2013 went to Mexico and won the top scorer award.

1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

my god, you are the one that said stats are meaningless a few months ago and you bring up irrelevant awards. :rofl::rofl: i was mocking you smart one! no wonder sirbalon made you look like a fool so easily. :rofl:

Sure you were. You just say whatever fits your argument. 

You're not wrong that awards are meaningless, but if he won all 3 awards (including best player in the league) don't you think he's done something right? 

And yes, I feel so crushed by Balon. I'm in tears, I'll be swimming over to bed tonight.

First year that I have really watched the Mexican League, and I love it. It's entertaining as hell and the atmosphere's look intense. Don't have a team, but just enjoy watching the matches thus far.

What's going on at Chivas? What a terrible start to the season.

• Administrator
16 hours ago, El_Loco said:

Saw this on Twitter, and man the new Monterrey stadium must be the nicest football stadium on earth. What a view! 

DH-oAUOWsAAFVWx.jpg

agreed. saw it on Twitter as well and must have one of the nicest settings for a stadium. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ruidiaz with another 2 goals today. Advincula also got on the scoresheet.

Believe that's Ruidiaz' 5th goal this apertura, so already making a challenge for the golden boot. Shock horror.

Morelia is playing Tigres as of this moment.

Ruidiaz just scored and is (once again) the top scorer of the league joint with Quiñones and I think Valencia.

Fuerza Mexico.

Just when I thought all those tremors happening at Matucana the other day that we would be hit by it. Either way, no one is properly prepared for these things other than Japan it seems and even a big one can fuck them up. Wish the Mexicans all the best.

As someone who researched Seismology, its incredible the difference of damage an earthquake can do if its on sea compared to land.

Mexico got hit by an 8.1 earthquake last week, but this 7.1 nearly wiped out some of the area. Reminds me of the 7.9 we had 10 years ago. I only fear what would happen to some of north Lima should it happen again.

RIP to all the victims and Fuerza Mexico.

Nah, I've given in. Pedro Aquino is something else. He's going to play for a top European club and be a world class midfielder one day. He's the next best Peruvian behind Paolo Guerrero. He is seriously just on another level. He had an easy time in the Peruvian league, and now he's having an easy time in Mexico.

Some of the tackles he puts in are perfectly timed. He's the next big thing in our football.

I've noticed a huge difference in form when Monarcas have Ruidiaz compared to when they don't. Goalscoring machine, as I've said before. 7 goals now. Lets see if he adds anymore to his tally today.

Ray Sandoval to join Lobos BUAP at the end of the year from Sporting Cristal. Would be the 6th Peruvian to play in Mexico. We're catching up in numbers at long last!

Im not a huge fan of Ray Sandoval but he knows how to score goals. Now it's a matter of doing it in a better and faster paced league.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived