talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Players you hate

football forum

• Subscriber

Matt Mills. We paid £5mil for that fucking clown. Shite performances, shite captain, bad attitude and stuck now at Forest where he belongs. A truly terrible signing.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont think this would fit into the mould of the thread completely but Rooney's deal in 2013 (or 14) where he signed 5 years for around 300kpw has to be a real steal in the recent times. 

Other than that, I think Badstuber, Lingaard, Walcott are few names that I can think of now

9 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I'd like to think I wouldn't do it but think about it for a second, would you rather earn £40,000 for sitting on your arse and playing football for a few hours or move to another club, play football for a few hours with an additional Saturday for £5,000? He's confessed that the offers he had were nowhere near what Chelsea were willing to pay him so he declined to move. 

Honestly can't really say I blame him. A footballer's career is very short and he was already approaching the end of his by the time he joined Chelsea. Footballers often don't have many career options after their playing days are over (aside from punditry, coaching etc.) given that they often sacrifice their education to pursue the sport so its very understandable why some such as Bogarde choose one last big payday which will secure their financial future rather than the 'honourable' thing supporters expect from them. The blame lies at the door of Chelsea for offering him such a stupid contract, in any other career if you were offered a job with far higher pay than your ability arguably deserves you'd jump at the chance so I think its a bit sanctimonious to vilify Bogarde when he actually acted very professionally throughout the whole saga. 

9 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

The person who offered Bogarde that sort of money is the only person who should be vilified in that scenario.

He was terrible but I remember Amunike who was even worse.  He was so bad that his own fans actually wrote a joke book of 40 pages which was refused to be published.

I can't say I agree with any of them Stan. I think Neil Mellor and Jason Jarrett are pretty harsh as they clearly loved the game. Seth Johnson shouldn't really be at fault that Leeds United offered him a lot more than even he thought he was worth. Taibi tried to forge a career elsewhere.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

He was terrible but I remember Amunike who was even worse.  He was so bad that his own fans actually wrote a joke book of 40 pages which was refused to be published.

Wasnt Bogarde a half decent player at Ajax and Barcelona? Or did I make that up when staring at my panini sticker collections?

Michael Johnson from 2009 onwards was a tragic waste of talent. I think that may be more mental illness than happy to collect a salary mind you.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

I can't say I agree with any of them Stan. I think Neil Mellor and Jason Jarrett are pretty harsh as they clearly loved the game. Seth Johnson shouldn't really be at fault that Leeds United offered him a lot more than even he thought he was worth. Taibi tried to forge a career elsewhere.

Not sure loving the game comes in to it? Just don't think they were that good to play at the level they did. 

The other 2 were more debatable, admittedly. Taibi at Utd was a mess though. Stole a living at that club for sure. 

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not sure loving the game comes in to it? Just don't think they were that good to play at the level they did. 

The other 2 were more debatable, admittedly. Taibi at Utd was a mess though. Stole a living at that club for sure. 

Stealing a living to me implies that they couldn't give a shit about anything else other than there wage packet. I don't think Jarrett or Mellor really fall in to that bracket. They're still trying to get involved with football now. Last I heard Jason Jarrett was trying to do everything he could to become a referee but because he's played for thirteen odd clubs he's restricted severely in what games he can officiate due to any potential bias xD

I can think of a couple for us. Neil Alexander said he wanted to stay at Rangers after signing for us and his attitude was said to be dismal. We paid Nicola Ventolas wages for a year whilst he was injured for him to refuse to rejoin us the next season. Kevin Miller refused to train when wages weren't paid on time and I'm adament he took a bung when QPR scored six past him. Aruna Dindane ate all his wages and was never fit. Jimmy Kebe used the wages to forge a poker career for himself and was known to be the worst in training. There's more I'll think of in the morning.

3 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Alan Smith must have made tens of millions off the back of half a good season as a kid.

And that half a season ended with this beautiful image. Nothing quite like seeing a miserable Yorkshireman.CKdk1YoUkAAi3z-.jpg

1 hour ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Michael Johnson from 2009 onwards was a tragic waste of talent. I think that may be more mental illness than happy to collect a salary mind you.

I heard that he now posts on here as Happy Blue?

8 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Wasnt Bogarde a half decent player at Ajax and Barcelona? Or did I make that up when staring at my panini sticker collections?

He was more than decent at Ajax.  But when he went to Barça he failed miserably.... Although not as bad as the guy I mentioned.

12 minutes ago, Anton said:

Winston Bogarde is the only one I can think of.

Worst signing ever, not just for Chelsea. His famous quote: "Why should I throw fifteen million Euro away when it is already mine? At the moment I signed it was in fact my money, my contract." In the end, he only appeared eleven times during his four-year contract, reportedly earning £40,000 a week during this period.

• The title was changed to Nile Ranger Released From Jail Early

Archived