talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fitness Tracker Thread

football forum

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a FitBit but the strap broke and I couldn't be bothered sending it away to get sorted (I probably should)!  It was good for setting challenges and keeping on top of them.

16 minutes ago, Jay said:

I had a FitBit but the strap broke and I couldn't be bothered sending it away to get sorted (I probably should)!  It was good for setting challenges and keeping on top of them.

Which one? I used to have a fitbit Charge HR and twice the strap came away from the screen. Argos replaced it both times for free. 2nd time I just said I'd like a different fitbit and paid £30 to get an upgraded model. 

5 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Which one? I used to have a fitbit Charge HR and twice the strap came away from the screen. Argos replaced it both times for free. 2nd time I just said I'd like a different fitbit and paid £30 to get an upgraded model. 

It was the Charge, as you said.  Keep meaning to send it back but never quite get round to it.

Great devices!

I backed Actofit on Indiegogo in January. It's a bit different to the others because it'll track lifting sessions as well as cardio, sleep, etc.

As seems to be the case with all crowdfunding projects, there have been setbacks and delays, but it should be with me within a week or so. I'll let you guys know how it goes if anyone's interested.

21 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

I backed Actofit on Indiegogo in January. It's a bit different to the others because it'll track lifting sessions as well as cardio, sleep, etc.

As seems to be the case with all crowdfunding projects, there have been setbacks and delays, but it should be with me within a week or so. I'll let you guys know how it goes if anyone's interested.

Never heard of actofit, what country are you in mate? Is this something not on the high street market yet.

48 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Never heard of actofit, what country are you in mate? Is this something not on the high street market yet.

Yeah, it's a brand new product mate; the Indiegogo campaign funded its launch.

I'm in the UK, but I think it's an Indian company.

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

Someone explain to me how these things will help me lose weight. I'm not even joking.......

It'll show you how many calories you have burnt that day based on your heart rate and how intense your workout is. That way you can plan how much you should be eating and how much you should work out. You can set targets to make sure you hit them.

Depending on what one you get it can also track sleep to make sure you get your 8 hours.

I don't use any fitbit type gadgets, but myfitnesspal has literally been a Godsend for keeping track of my macros. Since the start of this year I've been cutting and have dropped a stone so far (13 down to 12), and a lot of it is just being aware of what I'm eating. Thoroughly recommend anyone serious about their fitness get involved with it.

Archived