football forum

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
4 minutes ago, StefBWFC said:

2032?

Jesus, how have you managed that kind of staying power? :o

be successful with an amazing tactic xDxD. I can upload on here if anyone wants to know what it is (along with team instructions, player roles etc...)

And play the board (don't piss them off, ever, basically). 

On a bit of an FM break right now (probably not the best time given classes are suspended due to flooding) but I'm on a project with Rijeka at the moment. 2026, and I've not progressed too much to be honest. I have some very good players but overall I'm being screwed over by Dinamo Zagreb who are too dominant in this league. I've managed to beat them 2 or 3 times, don't remember the exact number though.

Heres a bit about my save, first the tactic.

4512dabf0b52fdaafb7477f1655a521f.jpg

The tactic is inspired by Boca of 2000. The team that beat Real Madrid in the intercontinental cup. The team is run by the Enganche (who in Boca's case would be Juan Roman Riquelme) and a player who will score the goals (the poacher. In Boca's case, Martin Palermo). I have the other forward as the AF to have supporting elements up front. A rigid midfield all on support but who will win the ball back and 2 overlapping fullbacks. Unfortunately thats the problem position. If I get 2 class fullbacks I'll be doing very well but unfortunately not many good fullbacks (even youngsters) want to join me. Now I was very young at the time of that Boca team so I asked around a few people to create it. I was certain that the team was ran by the enganche. Essentially, Riquelme inspired this tactic. The instructions are to play narrower, use tighter marking and look for the overlap.

The enganche in this team is 18 year old Sebastian Diaz. I signed him from Bilbao at I believe 16 years of age for 2.3M. He's the next upcoming star at the club, and the best thing is he's not even on a release clause so as long as the board don't sell him stupidly like they sometimes do, he'll be an absolute top player. He has what it takes to be an enganche as his off the ball ovement and passing is good enough. Look forward to this kid.

780fff1c19f510ab7ee736a6845fddd9.png

The scorer is Slobodan Babic. Great finishing, dribbling and good composure. Exactly what he needs, and he gets the job done more often than not. His strength and acceleration for a poacher could be better but at least accelaration is good enough for him to outspeed some opponents and more in this league. 12 goals and 9 assists this season.

86ad07f42f719c6f23ccf406e58a3411.png

Next up, my old tactic that I'm not using too much at the moment as I'm missing one important position and that is the wide target man. This one is inspired by Maurizio Sarri's Napoli. This one was made by pure knowledge as I watch Napoli on a weekly basis and know how they play. I'm not entirely sure on every single position as I'm no tactical expert but it should be something like that. 

0eaedf13fbd4637a13459a89290c06ff.jpg

Its a 4-3-3 with wingers and a DM. I'll analyse each position here in comparison to Napoli.

Goalkeeper and backline: 

Reina, Ghoulam, Koulibaly, Albiol, Hysaj. This one should be self explanatory as aside from the fullbacks there isn't much to play around with in defenders and keepers. Koulibaly could perhaps be a Ball Playing Defender but I'm not 100% sure of it.

Midfield

BWM: Diawara - Diawara is the ball winning midifelder but I have him on support because he also pushes forward and does some playmaking. His main duty is winning the ball back but has a role similar to a ball playing defender of playing it out a bit further into the pitch.

BBM: Pitor Zielinski - For years Canadjija was the BBM and just like Zielinski he was the player who gave energy to the team. Both run an impressive distance and have defensive and offensive duties. Canadjija scores many just like Zielinski. I got this position spot on if I had faults elsewhere.

AP: Marek Hamsik - The main creator of the team. Needs incredible off the ball movements and having him on attack is important because he needs to create chances for himself too just like Marek. The BBM has been more important to the team but you need a super player to replicate Hamsik. I never had that.

IF: Lorenzo Insigne - Lorenzo Insigne is a player who likes to cut in and shoot as well as dribble past many defenders at a somewhat narrow angle. Probably the easiest player to replicate out of the midfield.

WTM: Jose Callejon - Jose Callejon is a Wide Target Man. No doubt about it. He's always winning the ball up in the air and heading it down to fellow attacking players. Many goals have been scored like this. Ideally it would be good to have him use the "beat the offside trap" preferred move if he can learn it. For years my WTM was Pablo Burzio, and I never got him to learn that.

Forward

F9: Dries Mertens - Never quite got this one to work so well but the forward was Costa Rican regen Jose Arguedas and he worked as a false nine which is what I believe Mertens is. Dropping deep to create space for the other forwards and the AP, the F9 managed to get a couple goals although not quite to the extent that Dries Mertens gets when he's on form.

Jose Arguedas is the main guy here. He's a club legend and has been very loyal to me, only asking to leave once and it all blew over quickly. I bought him from Liberia for 500. Yeah, he's superb. Ideally he could have better passing and vision for a F9 but he's been the only one that's worked in this tactic as the others just flattered to deceive. 

7726c768f0c8516da70e563a79f4553a.png

My goal for next season is to win the league and reach the UCL group stage although the latter will be a bit tough given that I'm in with all the strong teams.

Heres a few really good youth clubs in FM that are more obscure.

Cortulua (Colombia)

Envigado (Colombia)

Deportivo Estudiantil (Colombia)

Universidad San Martin (Peru)

Sportivo Luqueño (Paraguay)

Defensor Sporting (Uruguay)

Cobreloa (Chile)

Academie JMG (Ivory Coast)

Generation foot (Senegal)

ENPPI (Egypt)

TFC Academy (Canada)

FFA COE (Australia)

Central Coast Mariners (Australia)

W Connection (Trinidad and Tobago)

Well I'm getting off my FM break and getting back into it. I couldn't be bothered waiting for classes to begin if they are likely to get suspended again due to the flooding thats going on here so I may as well take advantage.

Need to reinforce my backline. I've got some cracking CB's but my fullbacks are really lacking. I've been looking for a proper LB and RB for years but none of the best youngsters want to join.

My top 3 CB's

fdbdf53c5e150970800f17a261009f56.png

Ferrari is definitely my top defender. I would have preferred his anticipation to be somewhat better but his tackling, heading, jumping and strength, its all very very good. Been a starter for me for 2 years now and I'm sure his marking will hit 16 or 17 at some point.

f1e8d1a507be06f605a56d5ca2875897.png

Amer Kepcija. Not a ball playing defender. He knows defending and that is that. My assistant doesn't rate him but I think he's brilliant. He has great marking, great tackling, great strength and good anticipation and positioning. He's my go to guy if I want a CB who will defend well.

b60cab703905c2a33fb1cc1c662247ab.png

Another player who isn't an attacking defender. He will defend and that is that which is why I like to rotate between him and Kepcija. Better in the air but honestly I find that its not that important. I've had success with really short CB's in the past.

Now the search begins for the fullbacks.

football forum

Flying with Bilbao at the minute, I'll post the tactic when I'm home but nearly came away from the Bernabeu with all three posts after playing a 6-3-1 counter formation, it basically meant I defended with nine players (Madrid couldn't do fuck all) yet attacked with four strikers and two wing backs.

Scored the opener through Laporte before he scored an own goal in the 85th minute to make it 1-1.

Enjoying this project I must say, good to see Brian managing in Croatia too, its an absolute gold-mine for young talent.

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Flying with Bilbao at the minute, I'll post the tactic when I'm home but nearly came away from the Bernabeu with all three posts after playing a 6-3-1 counter formation, it basically meant I defended with nine players (Madrid couldn't do fuck all) yet attacked with four strikers and two wing backs.

Scored the opener through Laporte before he scored an own goal in the 85th minute to make it 1-1.

Enjoying this project I must say, good to see Brian managing in Croatia too, its an absolute gold-mine for young talent.

Indeed, its enjoyable but somewhat frustrating because in a league season Dinamo Zagreb are so hard to beat out. I normally raid all the talent in Croatia as I like having as many domestic players as possible. I just hope to make some progress in Europe. 

I'd like to see this tactic of yours. Sounds brilliant.

• Subscriber

How good has Adam Armstrong turned on all of yours? He's fantastic for me. I haven't got a clue how I'm going to replace him. My key man and he's only 19.

@Dan I'm surprised you're going for The Championship when you've been struggling on this save. I found it almost an impossible nut to crack on '16.... Regarding Alan Armstrong he's in The Hull reserves on my save after some poor career choices. He did help Brighton get promoted at my expense mind you.

@R-D I'd jump ship personally. Overtaking Madrid and Barcelona as the giant force in Spain and potentially winning The Champions League is a pretty appealing of a challenge in contrast to a league you should never lose now.

@Cannabis Bilbao went on to dismantle Barcelona and Madrid on my FM '16 save regularly by 2030. Don't know how they did it but it shows it's possible. They must have a decent structure behind them.

@LaSambadeStGermain wtf is going on with your players faces?!

@StefBWFC Seeing what you've done with Sheffield United makes me interested to see what they will do next season. They do have an interesting young team, good attendances, and all the facilities in place to be really good.

• Subscriber

Funnily enough this is easily my best save yet. I think a lot of it's probably to do with picking a club expected to do nothing though.

They've got a tidy little side have Barnsley but my worry like I've said before is the majority of their best players are on loan.

football forum

My "English only" Barnsley save on FM16 was my best save on last years game, it was so rewarding and had it not been for the new game coming out I'd have stuck with them.

Adam Davies was a good friend of mine at Everton too so drop him at your peril!

19 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

@StefBWFC Seeing what you've done with Sheffield United makes me interested to see what they will do next season. They do have an interesting young team, good attendances, and all the facilities in place to be really good.

They're taking the piss down here - they really are looking unbeatable at the moment. I don't think they'll have any problem in the Championship next season, and may even so what many large clubs have done before (Norwich, Leicester, Southampton) and threaten a second promotion with their winning momentum.

Started a save with Celtic and I know what you're thinking - Celtic?! Yeah, it's not as easy as you think, trust me. Players are injured when you arrive, most of your squad are out on loan leaving you with a tiny squad for a club expected to compete on every front, Rangers are back in the SPL, Aberdeen aren't bad either, the board have great expectations for you and you're expected to dine at European Football's top table, the Champions League, every year. 

The save isn't made any easier when you're handed a tie with Dinamo Zagreb in the Champions League Play-off's and you think you're quite happy with what looks like, at the very worst, a 2-1 defeat away from home after Scott Sinclair gives you a glimmer of a chance after being two behind, before Kouassi Eboue handles a ball inside our own box, his head falls off and he gets two yellow cards in the same incident, leaving us with ten men for forty minutes in the pressure cauldron that is Maksimir.

That would be a pretty bad evening in Croatia, I'm sure you'd all agree. Yeah, you'd be correct but my evening at the home of the Croatian champions was made worse by the one man you'd desperately want to remain cool, calm and collected in this situation; my captain. However, Scott Brown and his pale Scottish skin was obviously burning in the 23 degree Balkan heat and two yellow cards in the space of three minutes meant he was joining Eboue for an early bath. Dinamo smelt blood and went for the jugular while my eight remaining outfield players defended like their lives depended on it but an 83rd minute goal meant we have it all to do back in Glasgow now to get in the Champions League group stages.

I'm off to throw darts at pictures of Scott Brown for now.

• Subscriber

barnsley-fc-crest.jpg

Results (January - March)

Nottm Forest (a) - Our last two away games were quite remarkable hammerings, surely it wouldn't happen again? But it did, kind of. A horrendously out of form Forest fell into the same traps as our previous foes and after a poor first half, we found ourselves amazingly 0-5 up with 20 to go. How can such a minor tweak do so much? The last 20 minutes were a concern though as we ran away winning the game 4-6, what on earth happened at the back I've no idea, but this was a big game and we've won it.
Peterborough (h) (FACR3) - We FINALLY get that home goal, and win, albeit against a League One opposition. 1-0 it ends, stolen at the death.
Fulham (a) - Surely we couldn't do it again? Not this time. No hammering, or win, but we still pick up a pretty impressive point away at a team near the top.
Leeds (h) - It felt like all the frustration built up at Oakwell was unleashed in one fixture. Despite going behind, we ran away 5-2 winners in a superb preformance. We're starting to put some distance between ourselves and the bottom three.
Rotherham (a) - I went to this fully expecting a victory and we delivered. We nearly threw away a 0-2 lead, missing two penalties in the process, but we ended up sealing things on the counter late on and ran away 1-3 winners, for our 4th away win in 5 games.
Liverpool (h) (FACR4) - We're starting to really turn it on in the league, but this was one too many. Despite turning around a deficit to go ahead, Liverpool hammered us 2-5 and the run was over.
Wolves (h) - A tricky home fixture against a flying Wolves side, an interesting test. One passed with flying colours. We ran away 4-1 winners. What on earth has happened to us? We are scoring a ridiculous amount of goals, 19 in our last 6 league games and 28 in our last 10. We're starting to leave the bottom three well and truly for dead. No business was done this month, but right now I was struggling to care.

Preston (h) - The onus was on us for this, Preston are well out of form and for once, we went in as favourites. It wasn't pretty, but we won it fairly late on through an Armstrong penalty. This was the end of the road for Simon Grayson who was sacked after the game.
Reading (a) - This was one I feared. These absolutely battered us at Oakwell and how they only won 0-1 I've no idea. We go here bang in form though and we take the lead early on, before the game slowly starts to turn like the one back at our place - Reading attack after Reading attack. Loads of energy, little quality. They will be livid, but we held on for a fantastic 0-1 victory and moved ourselves up to 13th.
Aston Villa (a) - The away run finally came to an end, although we didn't disgrace ourselves. We did equalise twice in the second half, but Kodjia won the game late on and Villa won it 3-2. Villa hadn't had a good year, but you look at the two teams and you wonder how there's even a contest.
Brighton (h) - Yet another tricky test against a top six side, yet another victory. We went 2-0 up and were hanging on at the end, but we managed it and recorded a 2-1 win for a very unlikely double over them. After such a barren home run, this was our fourth straight victory at Oakwell.
Huddersfield (h) - A similar game to Brighton against yet another top six side, and yet again we won it. This was absolutely incredible. Yet again we went 2-0 up, then Huddersfield got one back, but we sealed it in injury time with a goal on the counter. Barnsley's 2015/16 consisted of an awful first half of the season and a near flawless second which saw them eventually promoted. Could it be?

Derby (a) - Harry Redknapp took over 14th placed Derby for his first ever game at Pride Park. He couldn't have picked a worse fixture, one that the fans would've demanded a victory in yet Barnsley are deceptively unstoppable. It's another away win, another one in style, 1-3 this time. We are absolutely on fire.

Absolutely remarkable goings on here. We now sit 11th in the table after 35 games, consider we were 21st after 23 games, it's beyond belief. Confidence is sky high, the goals are flying in (only Brighton, Huddersfield and Newcastle have scored more) and I am now viewing the play-offs as an unlikely, yet possible scenario. We sit 7 points off 6th placed Sheffield Wednesday. It really could happen. We fear absolutely nobody.

Started a new save with Sendai in Japan. Not done with Rijeka but I'm a bit bored of them, if I'm bored with my main save I always do Asia. Incredibly fun for a short term save.

I'll post about it in a bit. Site doesn't seem to be very functional right now, so I don't want to write a long post and risk losing it all.

@Smiley Culture Good luck at home against Dinamo. You making much use of Tom Rogic?

@Dan Really like your new posting style in this thread. I remember back in the old days you, me and the other dan would just post monthly but that for me seems a struggle to be honest especially with how fast I play the game. Considering your form, you should definitely aim for playoffs here.

2 hours ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

@Smiley Culture Good luck at home against Dinamo. You making much use of Tom Rogic?

@Dan Really like your new posting style in this thread. I remember back in the old days you, me and the other dan would just post monthly but that for me seems a struggle to be honest especially with how fast I play the game. Considering your form, you should definitely aim for playoffs here.

I'll be honest; I haven't used him too much in the seven games I've played so far. Callum McGregor has played exceptionally well so far and he's usually been Scott Brown's partner in the centre of the park. Nir Bitton hasn't done too much thus far but in the home leg against Dinamo, I'm going to have to go for it a bit more and I reckon Rogic or Bitton will start, especially after Eboue and Brown's dismissals. 

Right, so I've got my first game now against Matsuyama. I'm yet again using the Boca Juniors 2000 tactic because that's the one that's worked well for me at Rijeka. I've got rid of 3 of my foreigners and brought in 2. One of them joined immediately (Roberto) the other one in July. Unfortunately I can only scout east asia so I had to rely on my knowledge of players in Peru in order to sign someone. I got to sign Juan Diego Gutierrez though who I've signed many times on football manager and he's been quality every single time. Joins in July and I'm highly looking forward to it.

Anyhow, here is Roberto. On a free

af4fcaa26a2bb2ff5765c66826eb97a7.png

Fits right into the system. I need 3 players who can win the ball in the middle of the park. I've got 2 others who are alright at it but this one will excel for the team we have.

@Dan Your next loss will be interesting to see how your team react. Fingers crossed you play teams on a wobble and you can't keep players fit. I hope you do it even though I do enjoy your passionate posts that eventually go to shit.

@Smiley Culture I've always been interested in Celtic because of the the appeal to make them good in Europe again. I'll be reading this one with interest.

@LaSambadeStGermain is there anything unique about Asian leagues in terms of rules or restrictions? I'd always recommend writing reviews on word then doing a copy/paste job.

1 hour ago, Aaroncpfc said:

@Dan Your next loss will be interesting to see how your team react. Fingers crossed you play teams on a wobble and you can't keep players fit. I hope you do it even though I do enjoy your passionate posts that eventually go to shit.

@Smiley Culture I've always been interested in Celtic because of the the appeal to make them good in Europe again. I'll be reading this one with interest.

@LaSambadeStGermain is there anything unique about Asian leagues in terms of rules or restrictions? I'd always recommend writing reviews on word then doing a copy/paste job.

I find the Asian league's fascinating. Most have the same rules.

You are allowed a maximum of 3 foreigners + a player from Asia. So technically 4 although the goalkeeper must be domestic based. China allows 5 as well as the A-League but its good to have 3 + 1 asian anyways as that's what the Asian Champions League registration rules say. This at least for most of the East Asian countries.

So basically you have 3 very good players (5 superstars if you're in China) + 1 Asian who could also be very good, and then you have 7 other domestic based players. In China, they're dreadful. In Korea they're very good, same with Japan although the Japanese have stupid versatility. You see so many players natural in the oddest positions, so for example there are a lot of strikers that can also play right back. The Aussie domestic talent is alright. However, South Koreans sometimes go on military service for a couple years.

I've done South Korea when the game first came out with Jeju, then I did one with Brisbane Roar in the A-League. Now I'm doing Japan. China's awful domestic talent but world class foreigners puts me off a bit. Seems silly to me, but I'll still try it someday.

This team has work to do. Very good at scoring but awful at holding leads. Was up against Urawa Red Diamons 3-0, then ends 3-2. Was 3-0 up vs Vissel Kobe, ends 3-3. Huge bottler mentality.

January Transfer Window:

So January came. Being second in the league and in good spirits I felt that we needed to make a statement of intent in the transfer window and had two targets in mind:

Patrick Roberts - His contract had expired at Manchester City where he was still being used as a squad player. I got my scouts and his stats were far superior to any of my players. For a compensation fee of three million he could be mine. 

Niall Ennis - Wolves Striker that was behind Wilfred Bony and Vincent Aboubakar in there list of preferential choices but had scored 16 goals the following season on loan at playoff rivals Middlesborough. He's young, proven and was wasting away at Wolves.

It took until deadline day but I managed to get both of them. Patrick Roberts agent was being stingy about an agent fee and Wolves were very reluctant to sell Niall Ennis but he ended up forcing their hands by complaining the media about lack of first team football. Exactly the transfer window I wanted.

-----------------------------

The League:

Here comes the league review. I would type away but I think the screenshot do all the talking:

67508412f06b0c54fedc228b407db3f7.png

An absolutely fantastic season where we managed to keep the momentum going and gained promotion with two games to spare. We only lost twice in the second half of the season. The first was to Everton who were far too good for this level and were winning games at a canter by the end of it, and the other was on the last game of the season to Hull City as all my players lost focus.

As you can see in the next screenshot of my strongest eleven this is a very young team and I look forward to seeing if we 'sink or swim' in The Premiership next season:

c12a979361f615e1db926e48c1ee3f3f.png

football forum

Great post Aaron, I'll stick my neck out and say that you'll do well in the Premier League with Ipswich, there's a nucleus of real talent at your club.

@Aaroncpfc

Well done on promotion, what year are you in given Everton are down there?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

29a564c99a0df3613a5610714a5540fb.png

This has been our start so far

525e8c13f05e00181467c18fa13ae19f.png

Its fair to say an up and down season so far. I'll do something similar to Dan and review each game as well as the league table. I'll try to go by their FM names here and not their real names

Lynx Matusayama (A) Score: 1-1 - Scorers: Hatao (OG) - We dominated in stats but that doesn't mean much unless you have shots on target. We just had shots. We managed to get lucky with a draw as I was convinced throughout most of the game that we'd get nothing. Luckily we managed to get a last 10 minutes goal and had a solid result to start the season.

Kitakyusyu Blanco (H) Score: 1-1 - Scorers: Crislan - Fuck me that was a painful name to type. This was a bad result unfortunately, Blanco aren't exactly one of Japan's stronger teams (predicted to finish 13th. You could argue they are slightly worse than us) and while mid table teams like us would expect to drop points every so often to teams like these even at home, I would have liked better from the second game. 

Higashiaosaka Rosa (A) Score: 0-3   - Shambles of a match. The game was essentially done in the first half. Not much else to say here other than defensively we were all over the place

Saitama United (H) Score: 3-2 - Scorers: Makino (OG), Crislan, Okuno - Huge win. Saitama are the top team in Japan and we went up 3-0 and by the time they tried to mount a comeback, it was too late. Unfortunately if there's a negative to take from this match, its that I began to question our holding a lead mentality as I forgot to mention that Blanco scored on us last minute. Just a foreshadowing though. Nothing too awful yet.

Ballena Shizuoka (A) - Score: 3-5 - Scorers: Okuno (2) Crislan - Thankfully, as you could see in the schedule, our away form isn't dreadful. After this it was a worry though at the time because the game was also over at half time. 3-0 down. Nice to see we can score goals but who cares if they aren't game winners or goals that have relevance.

Lynx Matusayama (H) Score: 2-0 - Scorers: Nozawa, Ryang Gong-Yi - The first of the domestic cup games and it was a fairly comfortable win. Takuya Nozawa and Ryang Gong-Yi with the 2 goals.

Ballena Shizuoka (A) Score: 1-0 - Scorers: Mita - Fairly dull game but our first away win. Not too much to say here, Mita with the goal in the  67th minute.

Giurare Yokohame (A) Score: 1-0 - Scorers: Nozawa - For the first time this season I had a different match plan. I went on counter for this because Yokohama is one of the stronger teams, and it worked. Our second away win and where I began to realize that in the league, we will be a bang on mid table side. I don't mind it personally, as it'll keep my job for the first season as well as be able to build from there. 

Kobe Leone (H) Score: 3-3 - Scorers: Ishikawa, Iwamani (OG), Nozawa - Remember back earlier where I said there was a foreshadowing to a poor lead mentality? Here is a perfect example. 3-0 up in 20 minutes. By minute 30 it was 3-2, and by then I knew they would tie it up. Scripted and inevitable. FM just seems to have those games. An important game to win and we bottled it completely.

Osaka AC (H) Score: 0-1 - Very even game, and that either screams draw or narrow win to me. it was the latter for the away side. First home loss of the season.

Here is the table

3b002a903c77a15ead8b2cdfebdb63c6.png

In 11th. Keep in mind there is an opening phase and a closing stage. Kind of like South American nations. I'm not entirely sure how the end of year playoff system works yet so I'll have to get back to this later. We've been ok, I expect us to finish around that 9-11 spot come the end of the season in the overall table. I feel we're largely gaining momentum but we're still too inconsistent and lacking some quality as compared to the top teams. Things could definitely change when Juan Diego Gutierrez arrives though.

Some of our players stats (in the overall player stats of the league)

Takuya Nozawa - 10 key passes. Joint 3rd in the league (alongside Yasuhito Endo from Osaka AC)

Hirofumi Watanabe - 4 key tackles. Joint 3rd along 4 other players.

Naoki Ishikawa - 4.18 tackles per game. 4th in the league

Lastly, I'll introduce some of the top players

Crislan

He's our poacher on loan from Braga. The Martin Palermo of the tactic. He's not quite the player I most wanted to keep but he'll do for now as he's on loan and I can't sell him. Also my budget was low with barely any scouting knowledge outside of East Asia. He's done a good job so far but he's definitely not a player I want long term. In these early consolidation seasons he's enough. Cannot complain with his performances at all so far.

ebc90d27bf156603f992b052e5ed4541.png

Takuya Nozawa

Until Juan Diego Gutierrez arrives, he's the Enganche. I'm thinking about putting him as an advanced forward later on. Definitely not the best in either position, but he's enough and like Crislan, I cannot complain at all with his performances so far. Not superb but he's been scoring goals that matter and that's a very important mentality to have.

f8b8225ddcdaa8049491c7134499543f.png

I'll introduce the players who stand out in games as time goes on. As it stands, its those 2 who deserve it.

Anyways hopefully we continue winning and go up in the table. Don't want to raise my expectations too high yet though.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

They reacted very well to the loss at Villa. I think what's been quite weird about this run is the lack of games where we've been heavy favourites. We seem to enjoy playing on the counter. It's when we're at home to a weaker side I expect us to possibly come unstuck - Preston at home's the best example, we did win it but it was far from comfortable by our standards.

I've just won at QPR as well. This genuinely could happen. Ipswich at home next. This could be the kind of game I expect us to possibly blow.

I've already got nightmares of the final day. Not only are we away at Newcastle, but our best player won't be able to play.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Great post Aaron, I'll stick my neck out and say that you'll do well in the Premier League with Ipswich, there's a nucleus of real talent at your club.

I've noticed that as well. They've actually got some really tidy players. Dozzell is one I may try and snare if I go up.

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived