talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton Discussion

football forum

14 hours ago, adziom said:

Coleman's leg shattered by Neil Taylor in the Ireland Wales match tonight, be out for at least a year I should think. Shit luck to get two in a season following Bolasie as well. Wish him well.

On a side note, McCarthy injured in the warm up. Time for him to sod off to somewhere like West Brom now, has had about 2 good performances for us in the last 18 months, constantly injured but still goes on international duty for some reason, can't be dealing with it. 

TBH I would feel a tinge of schadenfreude if his career went down the shitter. Born in Castlemilk, developed at Hamilton, fucks off to play for Ireland. 

It's hard enough qualifying for tournaments when Ireland tries to poach every player in Scotland with ginger hair.

Edited by Inverted

football forum

The worry for me is that some players just don't come back the same after injuries like this. Coleman is without doubt one of our best players and its a real blow to us that this has happened.

Sky Sports say that he's having a scan in Dublin soon, hopefully its good news although I don't know what that would be at this point.

football forum

Everton prepare £40m swoop for Michael Keane & Jordan Pickford:

nintchdbpict000304576977.jpg?strip=all&w

Everton will make a £40million double swoop for England starlets Michael Keane and Jordan Pickford and boss Ronald Koeman is ahead of a pack of big hitters in the race for two of our brightest talents. 

Keane, who should win his second cap against Lithuania today, knows he will be quitting Burnley in the summer and the 24-year-old favours a switch to Everton as he will be a first-team regular there, partnering Ashley Williams in the heart of defence. The United fan says he is “flattered” by the growing interest in him but guaranteed game time is his No 1 priority.

Sunderland keeper Pickford, 23, has attracted interest from Premier League heavyweights Manchester City, Tottenham and Arsenal but Goodison gaffer Koeman has made the first serious move in the race for £15m-rated England Under-21 star. The Black Cats are currently seven points adrift of safety at the bottom of the Premier League and they are likely to cash in on youth product Pickford if they go down at the end of the season.

4 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Everton prepare £40m swoop for Michael Keane & Jordan Pickford:

nintchdbpict000304576977.jpg?strip=all&w

Everton will make a £40million double swoop for England starlets Michael Keane and Jordan Pickford and boss Ronald Koeman is ahead of a pack of big hitters in the race for two of our brightest talents. 

Keane, who should win his second cap against Lithuania today, knows he will be quitting Burnley in the summer and the 24-year-old favours a switch to Everton as he will be a first-team regular there, partnering Ashley Williams in the heart of defence. The United fan says he is “flattered” by the growing interest in him but guaranteed game time is his No 1 priority.

Sunderland keeper Pickford, 23, has attracted interest from Premier League heavyweights Manchester City, Tottenham and Arsenal but Goodison gaffer Koeman has made the first serious move in the race for £15m-rated England Under-21 star. The Black Cats are currently seven points adrift of safety at the bottom of the Premier League and they are likely to cash in on youth product Pickford if they go down at the end of the season.

Transfer rumours thread for shite like this. 

Whats the point in a 'transfer rumours thread' if we have separate posts/threads for every transfer rumour? 

• Subscriber
21 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Transfer rumours thread for shite like this. 

Whats the point in a 'transfer rumours thread' if we have separate posts/threads for every transfer rumour? 

To be fair, I don't see the harm in posting it in either/both. I personally probably wouldn't have read it if it was in the generic transfer rumours thread but I do follow this thread as it fully relates to the team I'm arsed about. The problem starts when you start making new topics for every transfer rumour and clog up the forum with pointless shite that won't even get a single reply half the time.

RE: rumour - I've not seen enough of these players to comment but have only heard good things. £40m in today's market would be alright for two youngish home grown players as long as we have the money to spend on these deals and it isn't at the expense of buying in (fully) ready made talent for other areas in the squad.

• Subscriber

The club have confirmed that Funes Mori will be out for the season along with Bolasie and Coleman.

In terms of first team defenders that leaves us with Baines, Jagielka, Williams and Holgate. Completely lost track of which Brownings and Galloways are at the club and fit but we'll surely be seeing some youngsters thrust into first team action before the end of the season. 

8 minutes ago, adziom said:

The club have confirmed that Funes Mori will be out for the season along with Bolasie and Coleman.

In terms of first team defenders that leaves us with Baines, Jagielka, Williams and Holgate. Completely lost track of which Brownings and Galloways are at the club and fit but we'll surely be seeing some youngsters thrust into first team action before the end of the season. 

Both out on loan and Browning I think got an injury at Preston. 

Pennington (if fit) will probably come up to the bench and maybe someone like Feeney/Foulds.

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Can those on loan be recalled? 

I don't think Galloway can, seem to remember us wanting West Brom to send him back so he could go to Derby and get some games but Pulis stopped it. 

Just now, HK85 said:

I don't think Galloway can, seem to remember us wanting West Brom to send him back so he could go to Derby and get some games but Pulis stopped it. 

I know sometimes clauses are inserted in to loan deals that say a player can or can not be recalled so was just wondering. 

If they can't then you lot are pretty thin on the ground defensively for the run-in. 

football forum

Poor on our behalf if we can't recall Galloway from West Brom, he's hardly played and with our injury crisis would probably get some game time at Goodison.

Serves us right in a way for doing business with a whopper as big as Tony Pulis.

football forum

Tom Cleverley signs 5 year deal with Watford

Watford-v-Burnley-Premier-League-Vicarag

Watford have announced that they have exercised their option to sign Tom Cleverley from Everton on a permanent basis for an undisclosed fee. Cleverley, 27, joined Watford on loan in January and will extend his stay at Vicarage Road after agreeing a five-year contract.

Sources had told ESPN FC this week that Watford would be obliged to make the deal permanent under the terms of the loan agreement if he played on Saturday due to an appearance clause. 

football forum
4 minutes ago, Mazzari said:

Think this is good for both sides - was deadwood at Everton but has performed rather well for us.

Indeed.

I feel sorry for Tom because he's perceived as being shite when he's actually a decent footballer. He was never going to be in our first team which straight away made him disposable.

With the millions that Koeman will pump into the club his days were numbered and now that he's found first team football and a bit of form I wish him all the best.

football forum
7 minutes ago, Romesh said:

says the one who predicted MLS games 6 days late :ph34r: 

BcF5vCMJRP257nnh7e63_Stephen%20Colbert%2

4 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Best moment was the late winner at Newcastle. That was brilliant. 

Absolute scenes from my end when that went in, we didn't half need that win and to get it at the death like that was brilliant. I loved how Tom ran straight to the dug-out to start a mass pile-on xD. He was worth the wages just for that and if the £8,000,000 fee that's rumoured to have been demanded then we've made some great business considering he came on a free.

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Danny said:

Ronald Kieran vs ROI seems silly, no idea why he's constantly being a little bitch towards O'Neill.

Because McCarthy has come back from international duty at least twice with an injury since Koeman took over 9 months ago and has gone away with Ireland multiple times despite being on the comeback trail from injuries. Also probably pissed off that this latest injury is combined with the devastating Coleman injury which RK obviously knows is not O'Neill's fault but it's still annoying.