talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2016/2017 - 7th - 8th April

Massive game for us now after two defeats. Can't afford to be wobbling when it comes to the crunch. Preston are playing well and will be eyeing up a late move for the playoff's themselves. Expect a really tough game today. Can only see a draw for us but hope we can nick it.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three points desperately needed today, just hope the last two performances haven't knocked the confidence gained from the seven before those. A win and we head towards the unspeakably colossal games away at Forest and at home to Bristol City over Easter on a bit of momentum, if we go in there on the back of three defeats we are in trouble. If we can get six points minimum from these three I fancy our chances. Wolves away, Villa at home and Brentford away make up our final three, and I honestly doubt we can scrape more than four points from that lot. Now or never for Rovers. I could do without playing Rochdale and Walsall next season.

The fuck is happening with Norwich? O.o

As for us, losing 1-0 and been relatively poor, the goal conceded as our defence fancied watching the ball roll instead of defending.

Big shout out to the ref for awarding a free kick for offside, which was then taken in our own half.

On another note, if results stay as they are, Blackburn will be in serious shit. Losing to Barnsley with Bristol City and Forest winning at present. Will make the Easter games all that more important seeing as Blackburn play both of them.

9 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

On another note, if results stay as they are, Blackburn will be in serious shit. Losing to Barnsley with Bristol City and Forest winning at present. Will make the Easter games all that more important seeing as Blackburn play both of them.

Indeed, I can't be arsed with the precise maths but I think we could be down next Monday night if we lose to both over that weekend. Very bleak times indeed. Only way I can see today easing off is Forest drawing, Blackburn won't turn around the 2-0, and I doubt even Bristol City culd fuck up 2-0 at home to Wolves.

• Administrator

big win for Leeds as well. Could have been totally different if Preston won that. Would have tightened up that play-off fight even more. 

Lots to play for at Hillsbrough now. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived