• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2016/2017 - Matchday 28

football forum

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

It feels like 1999 all over again when Thomas Schaaf took over from Magath after a number of ridiculously poor managers and awful results. Seriously, I hope we stick with Nouri, he's a very good manager, and has a lot of potential to improve further. To fix our leaky defence is a miracle already, and to make the team function as a unit while getting the best out of everyone in a relatively short time is a big achievement as well. If we continue to build on this, I'm convinced that we will finally challenge for European spots again - and it's been a looooong time since I felt like this.

• Administrator
Just now, nudge said:

Oh dear, now Caldirola injured too.

thought it was nice of the Frankfurt player to kick it out while attacking. Then one of his team-mates comes screaming right up to his face xD 

I really don't like Frankfurt's kit. Not a fan of the stripes and red socks. 

• Subscriber

With so many simulated injuries I can't blame him for reacting that way, haha. I like Frankfurt in general; they are aggressive and tough, but not necessarily dirty.

• Subscriber

It feels like a loss now after wasting that two goal lead, but meh, every run comes to an end, and in fact, we still haven't lost, hehe. A bit of bad luck today and just too many injuries, hope Sané and Gnabry will be back next week for the derby.

On 7.4.2017 at 3:55 PM, True Bender said:

On a serious note though... Who cares less about this Saturday? Bayern or Dortmund? This "Klassiker" has the potential of becoming the worst ever. Both teams need to concentrate on their respective 1st leg match in the cl. On top of that Bartra, Weigl, Piszczek and Kagawa are all doubtful. Schürrle, Durm and Reus will miss the match.

Bayern are playing with their best possible line bar Neuer and Hummels.

Sky showed this line up for Dortmund:

Auba

Dembélé ------------------------- Pulisic

Schmelzer ------------------------ Guerreiro -------------------------- Passlack

Castro

Bartra ------------- Sokratis ------------- Ginter

Bürki

So we either let Bayern walk through the center with a few, simple diagonal passes or Dembélé and Pulisic halp out in the middle, but then Robben and Ribery will destroy Schmelzer and Passlack.

Thanks for True B man's comment.  Yes I watched the match and really enjoyed the first half - class will always show if given a chance and it was still there after 0 minutes.  Another sad performance from the walking (perhaps I should have typed n instead of l in the verbal adjective) wastrel. When will the coach realise how much he is being taken for this ride?  If he loses Leon and Max on Today's performance he has a striker who can finish - and no way anyone else who seems to be able to feed him.  Strange how our defensive 'saviour' came on late and we then lost the clean sheet.  Klopp subs two guys and Liverpool go from 0-1 to 2-1.  Now there's a coach!

• The topic was unpinned

Archived