talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

3. Liga and below - 2017/2018

30 minutes ago, Tommy said:

What is going on with Uerdingen? I read today that they're intersted in Lumpi Lambertz as well, and that they could offer him a Bundesliga-esque wage. Do they have an Investor or something?

Bundesliga wages and free batteries for his torch.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Hmm, apparently he is/was involved with our hockey team as well:

https://www.rp-online.de/sport/eishockey/deg/duesseldorfer-eg-wer-ist-mikhail-ponomarev-aid-1.5709212

If Uerdingen are going down the same path, success won't be happening anytime soon :D 

And he and his company were apparently sponsors for Fortuna, too: https://www.f95.de/aktuell/news/u23/detail/4144-energy-consulting-wird-premiumpartner-der-fortuna/63d2e1aa1ed56c659274a6d01c04788a/1/

However, the partnership seemed to come to an abrupt end after he failed to pay the promised sponsorship money on numerous occasions, yet still wanted to be involved in the decision making... same with that hockey team of yours. Yet another case of money laundering, most likely...

https://www.wz.de/lokales/krefeld/sport/kfc-uerdingen/beim-kfc-uerdingen-rumort-es-1.2626483

https://www.nrz.de/sport/fussball/regionalliga/kfc-uerdingen-will-den-drittliga-aufstieg-um-jeden-preis-id213829911.html

No idea how reliable the sources are, but the according to both articles Ponomarevs reign in Krefeld is reminiscent of Ismaiks at 1860. Very controversial proceedings, if these papers are to be believed.

The RL promotion play off matches are drawn:

Winner RL Nord (Weiche Flensburg, HSV II, Wolfsburg II, or VfB Lübeck) - Energie Cottbus (Winner RL Nordost)

Saarbrücken ( Südwest A) - Winner RL Bayern ( 1860 München or Bayern II)

Winner RL West (Uerdingen or Viktoria Köln) - Südwest B ( Waldhof or Freiburg II)

4 hours ago, Faithcore said:

Looks good for Saarbrücken. As i said I'll be rooting for you. :P

Do you think Waldhof or Freiburg are strong enough to defeat Uerdingen?

Not sure about Waldhof, but many players of Freiburg are young enough to play with the second team, which means they could intimidate Uerdingen, if they decide to play a number of first team regulars.

6 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Not sure about Waldhof, but many players of Freiburg are young enough to play with the second team, which means they could intimidate Uerdingen, if they decide to play a number of first team regulars.

Unlikely if Freiburg are in the Bundesliga relegation play-off. Better Bundesliga and Regionaliga than 2. Bundesliga and 3. Liga. 

But I don't think the second teams should be in the Regionaligas anyway.

• 5 weeks later...

After watching the play-off second leg and having a few consolation drinks I´m ready to write my semi-annual FCS round-up:

We dominated the league and became RL Südwest champions 11 points clear, so the first part of our 2 season goals was achieved convinvincingly, as for the second part (qualification for the DFB-Pokal) we reached the Landespokal final, which we lost 0-1 vs. Elversberg whilst playing a weakened team due to us having to play the promotion play-offs the same week and missing a penalty in the dying moments of this match. The first play-off leg at home we were down to 10 man due to a desrved red card in the 30th minute, this disadvantage showed to be costly as we lost 2-3 on home soil because of it. At the second match we´ve been the better team for about 70 minutes ans were 2-0 up only to draw 2-2 in the end. It´s heartbreaking to see how a season that had the potential to become a very good one end as a decent one only within one week. We will play neither 3.Liga nor DFB-Pokal next season. Still a little bitter about DFB for terminating the "Tag der Amateure" so close to the promotion play-offs. Whether we can repeat the RL win remains to be seen, it depends on who we will sign, who we will keep and how the new players adjust. The first two losses are already decided our attacking duo Patrick Schmidt and Kevin Behrens signed with Sandhausen and Heidenhein respectively, both will surely be missed, nonetheless good luck in the 2.Liga to them.

By the way promoted to the 3.Liga are: 1860 München, Energie Cottbus, and KFC Uerdingen. 

• Subscriber

Anyone heard the rumours about a Chinese investment group taking over Viktoria Berlin, allegedly willing to invest around 90 million Euros within the next decade?

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

I think they are the ones involved in French Football with Nice - perhaps looking at a 'Leipzig' idea

Yes exactly, same guys who are investors in Nice, and RB seems to be their inspiration for this :shutup:

• The topic was unpinned

Archived