talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

How "big" is the team above?

football forum

• Subscriber
On 4/17/2017 at 0:54 PM, Cannabis said:

I don't know if anyone replied to ''Flamengo'' but we'll take things from here. 

WBA are a no mark club. They use shit tactics, have a shit ground and shit players that belong in the third tier. Their manager is a total bellend who insists on wearing the whitest trainers known to man in an attempt to make it look as if he's flying to the Costa del Sol after the final whistle and rain, hail or shine wears the shittest baseball cap in an attempt to come across as a ''proper trainer''. Out of the 20 manager in the league the biggest dick of them all is without doubt Tony Pulis.

I'm not even rattled by West Brom despite all of this, I just find them incredibly boring and wouldn't care in the slightest if there was some form of gas explosion which wiped out the Hawthorns and it's surrounding areas, it's no surprise that some of the most tedious and boring celebrities such as Adrian Chiles choose to follow this club up and down the country. 

Paris Saint-Germain

I don't even think he's in the top half.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
On 4/26/2017 at 5:50 PM, SirBalon said:

A mediocre club these days that sells peanuts at a very expensive price.

Grimsby Town

I reckon they're a bigger club potentially than the level they're playing at and it's comical that they ended up in non-league. I don't think Grimsby would look out of place in the Championship although they would be one of the smaller clubs.

Millwall.

Decent club, not particularly big and have came a long way in a short space of time. I'd say they're a Championship level club, which is probably where they'll be next season anyway.

SUNDERLAND

All I ever knew about Bournemouth growing up was that a lot of old people went there to the beach or retired there.  The area does actually have a very nice beach for our standards in this country.  Add a couple of palm trees and a small hut selling cocktails and hey!!!!  You could almost feel you're on a Dutch beach or something like that.  Like I said...  I'm not ageist or anything like that, but there's too many oldies down there.

RIVER PLATE

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
10 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Tiny, up until recently they were only discussed to make a joke about cows. 

Juventus 

Absolutely massive club but curiously has much more support outside its city and is second in that sense to Torino.  One of the eternal European legendary clubs even though in Europe's premier competition they've mainly always underperformed for their status.

Anderlecht

21 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Absolutely massive club but curiously has much more support outside its city and is second in that sense to Torino.  One of the eternal European legendary clubs even though in Europe's premier competition they've mainly always underperformed for their status.

Anderlecht

I'm not 100% sure... but I'm pretty sure they're the biggest team from Belgium in terms of winning stuff. So they're probably as big as you can get in Belgium, which might put them around the level of a mid-table Ligue 1 side I suppose.

Cagliari Calciao

37 minutes ago, Blue said:

Middle of the road club, hard to judge them to be honest.

Alianza Lima

Second most successful club in Peru, though no league titles in eleven years and two runners-up places in the past ten years looks like they're a club who's underperformed in recent years, or at least it does from the outside looking in. No international tournament wins and two semi-final places, both in the 70's makes me think they're not all that good against bigger South American sides. 

In some ways, they have similarities with Liverpool, minus the international honours. 

Celtic 

• Administrator

Made their name by being the club with the worst Premier League season ever. Don't remember much of them in the 90s or early 00s but remember a few games against them. Used to have decent players like Paulo Wanchope and Stefano Eranio. 

Ipswich Town

On 14/04/2017 at 1:06 AM, Asura said:

When a guy like me who grew up in India got to hear the names of River Plate and Boca Juniors during the times when football wasnt ruled much by oil money then it means a lot about them. I heard about their derby when I was very young and considering that they are not even english clubs that definitely means a lot. Later on I got to know that the likes of Crespo and DiStefano played for River Plate with rich history and great success. I think River Plate has to be the biggest south american club (or atleast the most popular one that I have heard of ) along with Boca.

Mohun Bagan

Should get more recogination. Won against Europen clubs while playing barefooted.Their derby with East Bengal is a big thing. That's all i know

Uruguay National Team

9 hours ago, Azeem98 said:

Should get more recogination. Won against Europen clubs while playing barefooted.Their derby with East Bengal is a big thing. That's all i know

Uruguay National Team

Won the very first World Cup in 1930 and then won it again in 1950 when they produced the famous "Maracanazo" against Brazil in their own home.

Another curious detail about Uruguay is how well they've done in football considering the size of their country which has only 3.4m population.

Produced some of the great players like;

• Enzo Francescoli
  • Obdulio Varela
  • Juan Alberto Schiaffino
  • Hector Scarone
  • Diego Godín
  • Álvaro Recoba
  • Edinson Cavani
  • Diego Forlán
  • Luis Suárez

For a country their size...  How amazing is all that!

Club Atlético Peñarol

7 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Won the very first World Cup in 1930 and then won it again in 1950 when they produced the famous "Maracanazo" against Brazil in their own home.

Another curious detail about Uruguay is how well they've done in football considering the size of their country which has only 3.4m population.

Produced some of the great players like;

• Enzo Francescoli
  • Obdulio Varela
  • Juan Alberto Schiaffino
  • Hector Scarone
  • Álvaro Recoba
  • Edinson Cavani
  • Diego Forlán
  • Luis Suárez

For a country their size...  How amazing is all that!

Club Atlético Peñarol

Its not just their football though, they also have some great bands like No Te Va Gustar and El Kinto. For a nation of their size and population, the glory they have overall is remarkable.

For me the big overachievers in South America are Paraguay. They have a 6M population but with literally 1 city in the whole country (Asuncion) that has a population of 500K. The rest of the country are villages or tribal areas and most don't even speak spanish. They speak Guarani. The glory they've had in the sport is incredible.

To continue the game, Peñarol

At times they were the strongest team in world football but as technology and money took over, they have declined and are seriously shite these days although capable of putting together good teams, The money is a huge factor as they've become almost a feeder club for Peruvian teams. That doesn't take away that they are still one of the most historic teams on the continent.

Auckland City FC

Archived