talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2016/2017 - Easter Monday Fixtures

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Big games in League one as Fleetwood and Scunthorpe are really piling the pressure on Bolton. Fleetwood beating Millwall which is denting their playoff hopes. 

Scuntjorpe beating Chesterfield which relegates them as is stands. 

Delaying the inevitable by another game but today's performance and effort left many with an immense sense of pride. We were hammering Hartlepool in the first half but sat back far too much in the second half, which allowed for a nervy finish. 

Our kids and Liam Kelly, Teddy Mezague and Michael Collins all stood up today and made themselves counted. Our two goals come from two exciting talents in Victor Adeboyejo and Tristan Abrahams, who's goal was out of the top draw, and we should have won more comfortably than we did.

A special mention for Hartlepool though. They were atrocious and they're in real danger if Newport can react from today's heavy defeat at Plymouth positively. I really wouldn't be surprised to see Hartlepool playing in the Conference next season. 

Annoying not to capitalise on the momentum we gained after scoring, especially as Forest lost, but we're in a better position than we were. No more 'easy' games now but as our final three opponents all have nothing to play for that gives us a chance of getting something. With Birmingham in a seemingly endless freefall I dare say even four points may do us.

We have went from sprinting towards the finish line, to limping over it to basically doing an Oscar Pistorious if you took his stumps off him over the cunt.

Embarrassing today, too many players in bad form making shocking mistakes. Diame should be one of the first fucked off in the Summer the absolute cunt.

Thank fuck Derby win, if Fulham manage a point or better at Huddersfield on Saturday then one win would see us up. The only thing giving me any hope of that is the performance against Leeds on Friday as we haven't been scoring goals or winning games with ease for ages now.

Rafa said we needed a centre mid and winger in January. Not bothering, not listening to him is the primary reason for limping over the finishing line and losing the title.

Today was the worst performance of the season. They played not like a team trying to win promotion but a team trying not to get relegated. Some bottlers and weak characters.

Where is Clark? We desperately need him back.

Huddersfield are just as bad as us at the minute. If they don't beat Fulham on Saturday we can win promotion on Monday. 

I don't agree Harv, a team trying not to get relegated would have showed more fight than that lot today. We played like we had the job done and dusted and were already on the beach. We have played like that since Huddersfield away.

Get promoted, breathe a sigh of relief and then back Rafa in the Summer and I will be very happy.

Poor today, but I knew it'd be a tough. McCarthy knows how to get teams up for the big games, one win should do it, preferably against Preston. 

Dont want to be going away to a Neil Warnock team needing a win. 

9 minutes ago, Any O'Brien said:

I don't agree Harv, a team trying not to get relegated would have showed more fight than that lot today. We played like we had the job done and dusted and were already on the beach. We have played like that since Huddersfield away.

Get promoted, breathe a sigh of relief and then back Rafa in the Summer and I will be very happy.

A team trying not to get relegated should do that, but I guess I mean us trying not to get relegated. It was like games last season where the onus was on us to do the business. The opponent had nothing to play for.

What a shyster Mick McCarthy is as well. Fair enough Ipswich deserved their win but one of his tactics was clearly to soak the pitch to a ridiculous extent. A few of our players didn't have the right studs on for the Mick McCarthy weather machine.

Frustrated after yesterday. We were so poor in the first half, but Mowbray made two half time subs and it changed the game. When we got the equaliser I expected us to go on and win the game, but agonisingly we couldn't take our chances.

The officials have once again let us down. A clear penalty and sending off in our favour in the second half with about 10 minutes to go. Gallagher clear through on goal in the penalty area and he is brought down by their player falling on him and he got none of the ball. I know we can't blame being relegated on one decision, but wow this was a big one to get wrong as such a crucial stage.

Without Madine, Parkinson's anti-football tactics are fucking embarrassing - lump, lump, lump to 5ft 9 Le Fondre. Still yet to win a game this season without the Washing Machine - probably the only thing in football which is sadder than the Blackburn fan in the video above.

We're going to fucking bottle it. I genuinely can't believe this.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived