talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mobile Phones

football forum

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I never get the newest phones. Just new-ish ones when the previous new-ish one is starting to fall apart. 

The camera(s) looks awesome though. 

Same, I always buy the cheapest one from the available ones that fulfill the requirements I have for a phone. Which are very low, so my current phone is almost 4 years old and cost me about 150€. 

And I also agree with the cameras on the S23 looking great!

• Upvote 2

Just now, nudge said:

Same, I always buy the cheapest one from the available ones that fulfill the requirements I have for a phone. Which are very low, so my current phone is almost 4 years old and cost me about 150€. 

And I also agree with the cameras on the S23 looking great!

I think mine is from 2019 or 2018 as well. xD Also it's always annoying to tranfer all the things to a new phone. xD

But yea, the cameras look cool as fuck. That's where I'm starting to notice that my phone is aging. Ah well, I think I might get a new-ish one this year, as my phone feels like it's slowing down a bit. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I never get the newest phones. Just new-ish ones when the previous new-ish one is starting to fall apart. 

The camera(s) looks awesome though. 

Last November I wanted to upgrade my old and battered Samsung S10e. But my mum needed a phone as hers was playing up. I'm on 02 sim only and was on a cushy deal. Unlimited texts and calls, 160gb for £18 per month. So I contacted 02 as I've been due an upgraded phone for 2 years now. I thoight I'll use the upgrade to get my mum a new phone so I went for the Samsung S22 ultra. Was their top of the range phone till this new s23 recently came out. Been a customer since 2008 and they wanted £50 a month. Keep unlimited text and minutes but only 5gb of data. In the end the best I got was £38 per month, unlimited text and minutes but am down to shitty 2gb per fucking month. My mum got a new phone but my own tariff went up from £18 to £38 per month, 160gb of data to 2gb per month. Plus am stuck with this old shit phone 🤣

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I think mine is from 2019 or 2018 as well. xD Also it's always annoying to tranfer all the things to a new phone. xD

But yea, the cameras look cool as fuck. That's where I'm starting to notice that my phone is aging. Ah well, I think I might get a new-ish one this year, as my phone feels like it's slowing down a bit. 

Samsung use an app called Smart Switch. Is easy and quick.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Last November I wanted to upgrade my old and battered Samsung S10e. But my mum needed a phone as hers was playing up. I'm on 02 sim only and was on a cushy deal. Unlimited texts and calls, 160gb for £18 per month. So I contacted 02 as I've been due an upgraded phone for 2 years now. I thoight I'll use the upgrade to get my mum a new phone so I went for the Samsung S22 ultra. Was their top of the range phone till this new s23 recently came out. Been a customer since 2008 and they wanted £50 a month. Keep unlimited text and minutes but only 5gb of data. In the end the best I got was £38 per month, unlimited text and minutes but am down to shitty 2gb per fucking month. My mum got a new phone but my own tariff went up from £18 to £38 per month, 160gb of data to 2gb per month. Plus am stuck with this old shit phone 🤣

160GB for 18£ sounds good. 2GB, not so much xD On my current prepaid SIM, I get 40GB for 5$. Back at home, I get unlimited data and calls for just 12€/month  😅

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

160GB for 18£ sounds good. 2GB, not so much xD On my current prepaid SIM, I get 40GB for 5$. Back at home, I get unlimited data and calls for just 12€/month  😅

40GB for $5 is very good. Going from 160gb to 2gb is bad enough, but double the price is fucking shit. Unlimited calls and text is fairly standard with most tariffs. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, MUFC said:

40GB for $5 is very good. Going from 160gb to 2gb is bad enough, but double the price is fucking shit. Unlimited calls and text is fairly standard with most tariffs. 

Yeah, I don't even care about calls and text. I honestly can't even remember when was the last time I actually sent someone an SMS xD That pretty much died out with the rise of all the messaging apps. 

Some countries have crazy good deals on data compared to others. I have SIM cards from 7 different countries, and in some cases, it's actually cheaper to use roaming data abroad than the data provided by a mobile operator in the actual country... 

Just now, nudge said:

Yeah, I don't even care about calls and text. I honestly can't even remember when was the last time I actually sent someone an SMS xD That pretty much died out with the rise of all the messaging apps. 

Some countries have crazy good deals on data compared to others. I have SIM cards from 7 different countries, and in some cases, it's actually cheaper to use roaming data abroad than the data provided by a mobile operator in the actual country... 

I'm connected to some form of wifi most of the time so the 2gb isn't all that bad. Being honest I only send a standard SMS if the message is urgent. They will always get to the person as WattsApp requires Internet connect of some kind.

7 sims from 7 countries? You've taken Narcos to a whole new level.

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...

My contract with EE is finishing in the next couple of months and I'm thinking of changing network providers.

While I've had no issues with EE in general, they're pricey, take the piss a little when contracts are finished and I wasn't happy with a letter they sent earlier this year giving the usual 'we know times are tough' horseshit before jacking the prices up.

While I'll browse online and research a bit, does anyone have any network recommendations from experience at all?

I was thinking of Tesco Mobile as while they run off O2 (which I've heard aren't the best), they do look flexible in terms of contract options (EE aren't very flexible) and it looks like they don't take the piss at the end of it (you pay the usage only, again unlike EE). My dad is with them and has had no issues, but not sure on the overall opinions of them.

Any recommendations are much appreciated. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking at getting the new Google phone but I just read that they discontinued the free unlimited storage for Google Photos.  Not that that was the sole reason for buying a Google phone, but it was a big draw considering I don't use my DSLR much anymore.  Not sure what to do now.