• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

David Moyes Discussion

Is David Moyes a good manager?   

12 members have voted

1. 1. Is David Moyes a good manager?

• Yes - The failings at United and Sociedad shouldn't tarnish his career
    • No - He's out of his depth and has failed on the big stage

It's true that this whole incident has been blown well out of proportion but it wouldn't surprise me if Moyes has done this on purpose to get himself sacked knowing that he was about to be sacked anyway for  being such an incompetent, dinasour of a manager. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about Advocaat and Di Canio?

They kept Sunderland up out of nothing with pretty much the same players but were both shite managers really.

The main playing staff difference is the paedophile is in jail and Moyes has wasted millions.

On 4/3/2017 at 7:31 AM, HoneyNUFC said:

It actually sounds like he is trying to flirt with her. He should be sacked unless it worked.

That's harsh, what if it might have worked but he's got that horrible Golum face so she wasn't interested because of his ugliness?

Moyes should be allowed to be shit at flirting. He's an ugly cunt and getting sacked for that is too harsh.

However as a football manager he looks pretty shite, which is lovely to see. I hope he stays at Sunderland and takes them down.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That's harsh, what if it might have worked but he's got that horrible Golum face so she wasn't interested because of his ugliness?

Moyes should be allowed to be shit at flirting. He's an ugly cunt and getting sacked for that is too harsh.

However as a football manager he looks pretty shite, which is lovely to see. I hope he stays at Sunderland and takes them down.

Judging by Cannabis' comment on the journalists appearance it sounds like she was in his league :ph34r:

• Administrator

from 2012, bear in mind.

The newly-revealed footage comes from a game in December 2012 during Moyes final year at Everton and it shows the Scot take exception to a question from Jacqui Oatley.

Following a match against Stoke, Oatley quizzed Moyes on-camera about a head-butting incident by Marouane Fellaini that was missed by the referee.

After the interview, Moyes is alleged to have confronted Oatley about her line of questioning.

Moyes is alleged to have used expletive-laden language towards Oatley but was not sexist.

But the incident left Oatley upset enough to lodge a complaint with Everton, who allegedly failed to provide her with a response.

Asked to comment on the matter on Monday, the Merseysiders told the Daily Telegraph: 'We are unaware of any complaint. The club would strongly condemn any behaviour by an employee which is threatening or abusive to anyone doing their job.'

Sunderland has stayed up long enough, they have been involved in relegation battles for a few seasons now. I doubt Moyes could do much more, but in all honesty he has been pathetic. Saying this i doubt any other manager would keep them up. 

I think he's been let down by supposedly creative outlets like Januzaj and Borini. There is nobody in that team who wants to pick a forward pass. It's hit a point now where they're better off trying to integrate some of the well performing academy players for next season.

He was in his comfort zone at Everton, only ever had to do the minimum when the potential was there to push on. He was always to negative in big games as well. 

Think the game has passed him by now, I just think their are far better candidates for premier league jobs then him. I don't think he has that Allardyce/Pulis niche of getting clubs out of trouble.

He's been dealt a bad hand with the lack of investment but that doesn't excuse the fact that he hasn't been able to get the best out of players like Khazri, Borini, Januzaj and Kone and he's neglected signing forward thinking midfielders in favour of an Everton reunion with players that peaked a couple of years ago. 

The clean up mission next season will be massive to a point I think whoever is manager at the start of the season will initially fail. Given he can't get the best out of current players it may be better for all involved if he walks and considers other roles within football.

18 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

He was in his comfort zone at Everton, only ever had to do the minimum when the potential was there to push on. He was always to negative in big games as well. 

Somewhat true. The minimum expected of the board but there was always pressure to progress from the fans. 

Potential to push on also limited due to funds available. 

True of the last part though. 

Moyes was very good for us. Played some excellent stuff when we had the players to do so but when called for he changed it so we were horrible to play against and physical. 

He's damaged goods now, don't think he will ever get to the place he was with us. 

His Everton tenure produced a lot of deserved respect for the man but since then he's been found out because it's more than obvious he is easy to decipher now by almost any coach.  It's easy football as long as you have quality in your side and if you don't then it's about playing his game with more nouce.

His time at Real Sociedad (look at them almost straight away since Eusebio Sacristán took over, an inexperienced but quality coach at the time) was for me the proof in the pudding and now we have the crap he's doing at Sunderland which is as bland and simple as beans on toast.  There's no ingredients in his football...  It's just simple blah blah blah that bores the crap out of the modern footballer that wants to achieve something.  He's rubbish!

• The title was changed to Moyes Fined £30k for 'Slap' Comment to BBC Reporter

Archived