• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

AFA | Superliga Argentina de Fútbol

football forum

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

alberto berti is their coach. i dont know the whole story but heinze left them at the end of last season. 

yeah thats the pope's team. 

I think Simeone done more or less the same thing by leaving (who was it?) after getting pissed off with the president. 

He left san lorenzo because of bad results. i think it was catania were he quit because he didnt get along with Pietro Lo Monaco. i was reading a great article a few weeks ago about how his tenure at catania had influenced him more than what people realize. 

Yeah, I thought I'd read somewhere that he'd left a club just like that.  In my experience people that do that once are liable to do it again and again.  There are people like that and I've even seen it at work with high enders to even go somewhere else where they'll earn less because they've gotten it into their head that there are certain principles that they can't work with.  I know it seems a bit off topic but it really isn't here to be honest...  There are times where part of a work ethic in responsibility avenues consists of confronting issues you don't agree with.  But of course we need the factual details before accusations are thrown in any case.

I've read in the past from people very close to Atlético Madrid that they wouldn't put it past Simeone to jump ship if he feels his criteria isn't met even without fighting it.  But at the moment they're giving him everything he is asking for or at least he knows that they're doing everything in their power to do so and he respects that much.

1507277081004.jpg

Argentinian press attack the team and only Messi is exempt from criticism

Argentina's main general and sports national press went to town on 'La Selección' today after 'La Albiceleste' could only manage a 0-0 draw against Perú in Buenos Aires, La Bombonera.

The only player in the squad that has been liberated from any criticism has been Lionel Messi who for once has been protected and where they've finally come to the conclusion that he's been playing with substandard footballers for a number of years now.  Within each individual news journal there is extensive analysis of not only what occurred yesterday and throughout this present World Cup qualification campaign, but also the issues surrounding the Argentina national team for a number of years...  The whys and the opinions on how possibly the greatest player in history has been wasted for this national team.

Here are some of the newspapers with their headlines and summaries of the inside details:

Olé:  Leo played a very good game by creating all of the 8 main chances the team had because he was the only creator and also had to be the finisher it seems but couldn't materialise the chances.

La Nación:  It would be unjust and a sin to add Messi to the baggage that is this national team.  He was the only real footballer out on the field that was on a different level amongst so much second hand clothes.  Perú really only had to think about one objective which was to put every man behind the ball and then only concentrate on one man, Messi.  Other players with quality in the Argentinian side seem to offer substandard football because they always seem to be looking for Messi to do everything.

Clarín:  Again Messi had to be provider and salvation!  How can a team be set up by so many coaches where one man has to come down half of the pitch to play in midfield and then race up front to finish off the game.  How many overrated front men have we had to go through and when it mattered none of them have come up with the goods?  Perú only had to think about staying disciplined and putting two or three men surrounding Messi.

Crónica:  Another poor performance from Argentina and another unexpected draw from so much expectancy.  Sampaoli like many others before him failed to read the situation and the best player in the world.  It's obviously not a problem about the head coach after all these years, it's about what we have in the heart of the team.  Right now this team doesn't deserve to go to the World Cup.

Página 12:  From his feet (Messi) everything that was good occurred going forward.  It's everything else that's not real and a lie!  He created great chances and exhausted himself into also trying to finish them off.  Has Messi ever had to work that hard for Barcelona?  Within that question lies the answer of this Argentina for years.  More strikers tried (Benedetto, Gómez and Rigoni), and like many before them, they weren't good enough.

Fox Argentina:  Argentina dominated the game and the pitch, but lacked ideas in the overall game.  That comes down to control and midfield because without that, the rival's job is made so much easier.  Perú were marvellous in defence!

ESPN:  Even with Messi in the form of the total player all over the pitch it wasn't enough.  But how many times have we seen Messi with so much responsibility and how many times before did we in this country attack him when the problems were everywhere else?  When you look at that game again without thinking you've ever heard of Argentina or watched the sport, you will only come to the conclusion that there was only one thing that was special playing at La Bombonera.

I agree with the journalists there is no need to attack Messi as he gave it his all. We defended our best against him and he had no support from his teammates when he was dispossessed. It also didn't help that players like Benedetto were wasteful.

The whole La Bombonera thing was a lie. It wasn't moved to create a more hostile atmosphere, and if it ultimately was it had little to no effect and it was obvious for any Peruvian that it wasn't going to. "These players have never played in hostile atmospheres" xDxDxD what a lie and what misinformed crowd the Argentinians are if they actually believed that. Do they seriously believe a player like Guerrero or Rodriguez have never played in crowds like that? Most of these players have played either a Peruvian league final or in the Libertadores. In the end they just did it to make money, and if they expected to make noise by making the ticket prices high, they were only going to get one or the other.

• 2 weeks later...

For that idiot manager of Argentina's national team who thinks that Benedetto > Icardi, he should start watching some games from Serie A. He is a complete idiot for putting his fellow idiot Benevento, Benedento don't know how the fuck they call him, over Mauro.

5 minutes ago, Dalmore said:

For that idiot manager of Argentina's national team who thinks that Benedetto > Icardi, he should start watching some games from Serie A. He is a complete idiot for putting his fellow idiot Benevento, Benedento don't know how the fuck they call him, over Mauro.

He tried Icardi mate and even though one game is no example of what a player can bring to a team, he was way below what Higuaín brings to the side.

Look at Dybala...  Both he and Messi clash and that's a shame because Dybala is quality and it seems both can't be played in the same side.

He just ruins Icardi's momentum by letting him on the bench on every game and bringing him on 80' like he's a youngster or something. He's Mauro Icardi godamnit, the best Striker of Serie A. 

I hope Bersk doesn't read my comment cause then he will come claiming that Gonzalo is the best Striker of Serie A :P

anyways. Benevento over Gonzalo or Mauro is just unacceptable.

5 minutes ago, Dalmore said:

He just ruins Icardi's momentum by letting him on the bench on every game and bringing him on 80' like he's a youngster or something. He's Mauro Icardi godamnit, the best Striker of Serie A. 

I hope Bersk doesn't read my comment cause then he will come claiming that Gonzalo is the best Striker of Serie A :P

anyways. Benevento over Gonzalo or Mauro is just unacceptable.

Finding the balance for Argentina looks like it's going to require Einstein, he's dead!

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

B8IeVfJIIAAoBtx.jpg.1180b3ab573c009a70a693545009e4c4.jpg

Hijo mio @Berserker is that you che? 

Cl45y77XEAAtLOf.thumb.jpg.94e9f0b27f6b1ec0a2cc4013b4733397.jpg

Las gallinas burning and trying to hit the players, such a great fanbase huh hijo mio?? haha che boludo! you should do what the great academy player Di stefano did and switch over to the xeneize side.

Burning?, there was not burning of any players, and the ones who pushed the players were hooligans, not normal fans like these voca pricks who threw the pepper spray and hundreds of stones towards our players,  preventing them from leaving the stadium for hours, MOST COWARD FANS IN THE WORLD, BY FAR! You should gloryhunt for a better team hijo mio.

2 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

😂 burning the stadium Bruh! They couldnt cope with the thought of relegation, i wonder how many tears you shed hijo mio? 

Answer this question for me please @Berserker why did Di stefano, coached Boca Juniors on two different occasions??? 😂

Like you couldn't cope with being eliminated from cups twice in a row by us. None hijo mio, i was upset, more at how we ended down there than the relegation itself. If we ended up relegated fairly i wouldn't mind at all, it's just that we were robbed in many matches that's the thing that bothers me the most.

Because he's a cunt like yourself. Why did Jonathan Maidana, Jorge Higuain played for us after doing so in Boca?

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Why do Argentines have the worst hair of all Latin America? And that is saying a lot because Latin America has the worst hair in the world xD

What do you mean?, while most Latin Americans have black, straight & thick hair here there a lots of different hairstyles, you got your @Antons, your @DeadLinesmans, people with long hair like rock stars and lots of different ones, most common hair would be straight brown hair. So i don't know where did you take that shit from.

Just now, Berserker said:

What do you mean?, while most Latin Americans have black, straight & thick hair here there a lots of different hairstyles, you got your @Antons, your @DeadLinesmans, people with long hair like rock stars and lots of different ones, most common hair would be straight brown hair. So i don't know where did you take that shit from.

:farmer:

CyndhPLXUAAnXke.jpg

Gallardo is a weird case for me to be honest. I've never been a fan of his style of play. Its unconvincing but effective and its shown in these past few years. You can't deny how successful he's been. Basically the second coming of Ramon Diaz.

Of course, the above cannot be applied for today.

much better view/video for you @Berserker

A lo Roman el gol hijo mio!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/CanchaGlamour/status/927299099648458757/video/1

Cardona is just a fatass, he just go lucky hijo mio.

Also as weird as it may seem, i agree with you on the red, that play didn't deserve a card. I'd have much preferred to have a fair ref last Tuesday than this tbqh.

Palermo was a limited lump up front who was terrible at penalties and was basically Argentina's equivalent to Inzaghi. He could score goals, but his footballing abilty was average. Juan Roman Riquelme was a proper footballer who had questionable work rate but a top passing conduct.

3 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

who was a better player for boca junior Palermo or Riquelme? @Dalmore @SirBalon

Palermo had more of a career at Boca than Riquelme who was in Europe a lot longer. For me Palermo although without a doubt Riquelme was a superior player although playing in different positions. 

• 1 month later...

Tevez returns to Boca Juniors after significantly topping up his pension in China.

Seem to remember he was overweight and unfit during his time in China and now he comes back to Boca when they are already half way through their season.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived