talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UK Politics

football forum

30 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

This seems like a totally balanced summary of what the Labour conference is about.

Not that I'm having a pop, after all nobody can have any political views on the internet these days without going down the blatant points scoring route.

Beyond stuff that actually goes through parliament, I frankly can't bring myself to care much what any of them have to say until there's another election. White noise.

It's not a summary, just pointing out what goes on.  Imagine the fuss if it was a Tory conference, many decent labour voters are deserting the party. Momentum are horrible thugs

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

It's not a summary, just pointing out what goes on.  Imagine the fuss if it was a Tory conference, many decent labour voters are deserting the party. Momentum are horrible thugs

It's all boring shite. Completely tuned out after the hundredth time of seeing Corbyn 's "the Conservative party spent 1bn pounds to stay in power but refuse to give nurses a 1p pay rise" video pop up on my Facebook feed.

Not much point being arsed anymore though to be honest, can't even vote for MPs now that I live back on the isle of man...

• Subscriber

People are cunts but to be fair neither party has given the public any reason to act towards them in any other way. Then again the British public love to complain so even if the government were doing a great job this would still happen.

Should we rename this thread to simply UK politics or something?

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Inverted said:

If you want an idea of how excruciating the PM's speech was today: 

even I felt sorry for her. 

just cos she had a bit of a cough :ph34r:?

• The title was changed to UK Politics
  • Administrator

surely all of his pranks are staged? Funny how he can perform all these pranks getting to where he needs to be before getting arrested/denied entry etc. And funny how he's arrested and then never heard of until the next prank? 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, HoneyNUFC said:

The whole thing distracts people from the content of the speech which might actually be doing May a favour, particularly in her own party.

no doubt the cough was fake, too!

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

no doubt the cough was fake, too!

I think Lee Nelson caused the cough. There was no sign of it until after him. Seemed like a dry throat nerve problem rather than having an actual illness. He probably knocked her off her stride. May has always been a very awkward person in unexpected social situations.

• Subscriber

Don't like Theresa May but what an absolute cunt Lee Nelson is. Literally never been funny, just an absolute cunt.

Pathetic how some people on Sky News were asking the question is this the end for Theresa May? No, fucking hell, the fact that anyone can suggest that being interrupted by a bellend like Lee Nelson in a way that's completely out of her control is more damning than the embarrassment of the snap election is indicative of politics becoming even more of a soap opera in this country.

I'm a laid back guy but maybe if people starting taking politics somewhat seriously again the country wouldn't be "going to the dogs".

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Don't like Theresa May but what an absolute cunt Lee Nelson is. Literally never been funny, just an absolute cunt.

Yeah, he's a fucking gobshite. Probably the most exciting thing that's ever happened with Theresa May speaking though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
38 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

May's not going to fund sprinklers in council towers despite promising to do so after Grenfell Tower going up into a blaze. Would that make her and her party at least a bit culpable if we have another similar disaster?

Standard lack of accountability in UK government. Wait until people stop talking about it then change stance hoping nobody notices.

The answer to your question is yes clearly but same goes for both parties down the years with various things.

5 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Standard lack of accountability in UK government. Wait until people stop talking about it then change stance hoping nobody notices.

The answer to your question is yes clearly but same goes for both parties down the years with various things.

No wonder. Your speaker of the house of commons is an Arsenal fan, who's still a Wenger supporter. A pro Abramovich Chelsea fan would have poisoned thise rats already.

Archived