talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

14 hours ago, 6666 said:

Saltburn - Good film but slightly overhyped and at times unnecessarily weird. 7.5/10

Went cinema to watch that movie, had no idea of the weird shit that happens in it.

Really good film but honestly it went too far for me. But it got people talking about it so I suppose the shock factor did it's job.

8/10

Edited by Devil

Dune: Part 2.

The first movie is better as it exceeded expectations and set up a good base for the sequals.  part 2 is still a very good movie well worth the price of a day out at the cinema.  

Some subtle changes to the book but still works well.  Barron Harkonnen was killed by a Gom Jabbar in the books but he is killed in a more personal way in the move that fits well.   Rabban also dies in the books to fremen but in the movie they made it more personal by letting Gurrny Hallock kill him.  

Part 3 is set up well for a galactic civil war

@OrangeKhrush maybe need a spoiler tags put on the second paragraph on your post there mate. 

I just came back from Dune 2 myself, and I think it’s incredible. I liked it more than the first one, personally. It feel long, and epic, but when it finished I still wanted more. Can’t wait for the 3rd, but I suspect it’ll be quite a way away. 

• Like 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Rick said:

@OrangeKhrush maybe need a spoiler tags put on the second paragraph on your post there mate. 

I just came back from Dune 2 myself, and I think it’s incredible. I liked it more than the first one, personally. It feel long, and epic, but when it finished I still wanted more. Can’t wait for the 3rd, but I suspect it’ll be quite a way away. 

I also thought it was better than the first one, even if I liked the first one a lot. I am still considering going to the cinema to watch it again!

9 hours ago, nudge said:

I also thought it was better than the first one, even if I liked the first one a lot. I am still considering going to the cinema to watch it again!

I only say the first was better because it came with massive expectations and delivered.  When people delve into game to movie, it is often a flop, resident evils (certainly after 2), Doom tend to miss the mark by a lot.

Dune Part 1 stuck the landing making Dune Part 2 to already be expected to be good.

11 hours ago, Rick said:

It was long, I went to the 11:30 showing and got out about 14:30, granted I think it only started at 12:00.

9 hours ago, nudge said:

• Subscriber
On 12/03/2024 at 15:11, CaaC (John) said:

The Rock (1996) Sean Connery, Nicolas Cage - 8.5/10

Great film, lost count how many times I have watched it. 

Its just so good! One of Cages many bangers in the 90's. 

• Upvote 1

On 05/03/2024 at 23:09, 6666 said:

Saltburn - Good film but slightly overhyped and at times unnecessarily weird. 7.5/10

While acknowledging the praise for "Saltburn," it's essential to dissect both its strengths and weaknesses. A rating of 7.5/10 suggests a commendable film, but perhaps not without its flaws. The notion of being overhyped implies lofty expectations that may not have been fully met, leading to a degree of disappointment among viewers. Additionally, describing it as "unnecessarily weird" suggests that certain elements of the film may have felt contrived or out of place within the narrative.

4 hours ago, JohnMills said:

While acknowledging the praise for "Saltburn," it's essential to dissect both its strengths and weaknesses. A rating of 7.5/10 suggests a commendable film, but perhaps not without its flaws. The notion of being overhyped implies lofty expectations that may not have been fully met, leading to a degree of disappointment among viewers. Additionally, describing it as "unnecessarily weird" suggests that certain elements of the film may have felt contrived or out of place within the narrative.

Well done comprehension computer.

• Haha 2

• Subscriber

Kandahar (2023) Action/Thriller - Gerald Butler/Tom Rhys Harries - 7/10

Not bad.

A CIA operative and his translator flee from special forces in Afghanistan after exposing a covert mission.

• Subscriber
On 05/03/2024 at 18:09, 6666 said:

That film just came up as a freebee on my Amazon account so I will more than likely sit down with the wife and watch it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Road House - 4/10 Pretty forgettable. Not sure the original even really needed or warranted a remake but here it is. Outside of a few scenes there really wasnt much to care about or be interested in really. Id skip this one. 

35 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Road House - 4/10 Pretty forgettable. Not sure the original even really needed or warranted a remake but here it is. Outside of a few scenes there really wasnt much to care about or be interested in really. Id skip this one. 

How did Jake Gyllenhaal get dragged into this? 

On 17/03/2024 at 10:10, CaaC (John) said:

That film just came up as a freebee on my Amazon account so I will more than likely sit down with the wife and watch it.

Did you watch it?

Bet your wife got a shock if you did.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Devil said:

Did you watch it?

Bet your wife got a shock if you did.

Not yet, I will get around to it sometime, I will watch it on this laptop and we have a YouTube channel on our TV so I will more than likely rent or buy it on that for the wife. 

I saw The Beekeeper on Wednesday,   a typical Jason Statham movie,  it won't win any awards but it is a watchable movie.  6/10

Today I saw Wonka,  very good movie,  Timothee Chalamet pulls off a young Willy Wonka masterclass, definitely worth watching. 8.5/10

Edited by OrangeKhrush