football forum

Do ghosts exist?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Do ghosts exist?

• Yes
    • No

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Why are we so fascinated by ghost towns?

VIDEO

1792967430_download(2).thumb.png.948c202ce74ee28ac2f9af57b853bc98.png

From war to industrial accidents - we're often drawn to places that have been abandoned. What is it about ghost towns that intrigues us?

The feeling you get when sitting with a group of friends and talking about haunted places/experiences. The feeling is really good.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

I've been to the Black Forest, but didn't meet any ghosts, I'm afraid :D

They just make stuff up to attract tourists... When I was living in Transylvania all they ever talked about was Vampire this and Vampire that, don't go out late at night and all that sort of stuff.. Well I lived in that region for over 350 years and I never saw no vampires.. 

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Number 3 on the list looks epic.

Black Forrest, on exercise in my army days, can't say I seen any ghosts, mind you our regiment would have scared the ghosts away with some of the guys we had who were right animals.😄

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

Ghostbusters_20Afterlife_LargeImage_m31569-hero-7570736.webp

Ghostbusters: A psychologist explains why we believe in the paranormal

Should we get Venkman and co. on speed dial?

If there’s something strange in your neighbourhood, who ya gonna call? Probably the police, because neither ghosts nor the Ghostbusters are real. But that doesn’t stop people believing in the paranormal.

A YouGov poll in 2019 found that 45 per cent of Americans believe in ghosts, whereas in 2016 another YouGov poll showed that British people are more likely to have faith in spooky spirits than the existence of God. With the release this month of nostalgic sequel Ghostbusters: Afterlife, there seems no better time to ask: why are we still haunted by our belief in ghosts?

“It tends to be driven by two things,” says Richard Wiseman, Professor of the Public Understanding of Psychology at the University of Hertfordshire. “One is personal experience – lots of people claim to have had a paranormal experience after the loss of a loved one.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/12/2021 at 07:24, MUFC said:

Members who don't live in the UK. Are there places which are suppose to be haunted in your country? Have you experienced any paranormal things?

Yes, picton tunnel is reasonably local and supposed to be haunted. 
And I've seen some hard to explain shit if you scroll back through this thread. 

• 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 24/06/2021 at 13:56, Devil said:

Something very scary happened to me as a child that's lived with me my whole life and still puts hairs up on the back on my neck. I was about 10 years old and it was a hot summers day, my mum told me were going to visit her friends house in Sale, Greater Manchester. So we arrive and it's a big old style house with a huge garden, we sat in the garden and my mum being young at the time was sunbathing on a blanket next to her friend. 

I was basically bored to tears annoying them so my mums friend suggested I go up to her teenage sons room and have a look around at his football magazines and football big heads collection. I didn't need asking twice so I shot upstairs, when I reached the top I had to have a nosey around because I was a little shit of a lad so went into each room for a nosey, the last room at the end of the hall had nothing but a bed and a arm chair in there and remember feeling totally uneasy in there. Anyway rushing off I ended up back in lads room looking at his mags on the floor, that's when I felt someone walk up and stand right behind me, I can remember it clear as day as I could feel a weight against my back. 

Quickly I turned round expecting to be told off by my Mum or her friend but was absolutely terrified to find there was nobody standing there, bang I got up and ran for it, I don't even remember touching a single step as I flew down the stairs into the garden on to the rug. My mum and her friend in a panic held and asked me what was up and as I explain my Mums friend blurted out I told you so Helen, I told you!!

My mum at the time managed to sush her friend and told me it was my imagination and that what her friend was referring to was that I might get scared in a big old house. It wasn't until I was older and we were sat around the dinner table with my now wife that the story was spoken of again and that her friend had told her that several people had felt the same feeling and that her son was terrified of staying on his own in his bedroom in the house. The room which I'd been nosey in with the bed and the arm chair was her mothers room and it's the room she nursed her mother to death.

Still get the weird feeling of hair standing on my neck till this day whenever I speak about this. 

I got that weird feeling just reading this.

I have had ESP experiences and seen a ghost once.

I can also communicate with 'dead spirits' and send them on to the higher realms. I know when they are around as the floor boards creak and keeping creaking more loudly until go to the kitchen  and 'speak to them'. I used to go to mind body spirit meetings and developed  a skill. Unfortunately does not earn me any money just brownie points on the other side. 

Some don't want to move on they just want to hang around and intimidate or frighten that sounds like one of them you encountered. 

Since developing this I cannot watch horror movies any more as the hair stands up on the back of my neck. 

• 4 weeks later...

The Royal Mile area in Edinburgh is meant to be haunted.

A chap I know now a retired ex-cop took a photo in the late 90's of the main street with all the flags hanging down.

When he go it developed there was something standing by one of the doors yet both he and another friend said the street was clear at the time of the photo.

It is of a human figure appearing to look into the window of one of the buildings. It is not clear if the figure is a chap with an old stiff collar or a nun with a habit on.

He sold the rights for £250 and they had it tested by a university to ensure it was genuine. As part of this investigation he found out that in another building in the street a surveyor down in one of the basements took a photo. After getting it developed a childs face appeared in the photo yet the building was deserted. However in the history of the building it was claimed that at least one child servant was buried in the walls of the building.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Waylander said:

The Royal Mile area in Edinburgh is meant to be haunted.

A chap I know now a retired ex-cop took a photo in the late 90's of the main street with all the flags hanging down.

When he go it developed there was something standing by one of the doors yet both he and another friend said the street was clear at the time of the photo.

It is of a human figure appearing to look into the window of one of the buildings. It is not clear if the figure is a chap with an old stiff collar or a nun with a habit on.

He sold the rights for £250 and they had it tested by a university to ensure it was genuine. As part of this investigation he found out that in another building in the street a surveyor down in one of the basements took a photo. After getting it developed a childs face appeared in the photo yet the building was deserted. However in the history of the building it was claimed that at least one child servant was buried in the walls of the building.

😮

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Edinburgh's 'worst' haunting to be examined in new Paramount TV series

The four-part series will look into the strange and terrifying occurrences that took place in and around Greyfriars Kirkyard following an incident on Christmas Day, 1998.

A.png

Meet the dreaded Mackenzie Poltergeist of Greyfriars Kirkyard

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

I work alone at night in Edinburgh's dark and spooky vaults

Screenshot 2022-10-30 14.23.36.png

VIDEO

The vaults in Edinburgh's Old Town are dank, dark and spooky - but that is where Jamie Corstorphine spends his nights.

He starts work shortly before midnight, then spends up to 10 hours maintaining the dimly-lit tunnels.

Jamie says some of his friends think he's mad spending hours in the vaulted chambers on his own - but he has become used to his surroundings.

"I find it quite peaceful now," he said.

The 43-year-old has to work at night because history tours take place in the vaults during the day and evenings.

Jamie's job includes painting the doors and walkways, and making any repairs that are needed.

FULL REPORT

Archived