talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Aaroncpfc - Football Manager 2017

59 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Nicely done @Aaroncpfc, what happened away at Croatia though?!

That fucker you recently signed, who I reckon must have scored about 50 goals against me in the last three saves, destroyed me again.

My teams always seem to leak a high number of goals. I think on my Palace save to kill time we leaked over 70 goals in a season because we kept letting in 3, 4 or 5 a game. Not sure if it's something im doing or the game itself.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Tournament Review - Euro 2028

As the screenshots show we had a pretty fantastic tournament given our pool of players. Our World Class Striker Andy Bumford was injured until at least the quarters and on paper I would have said Serbia were better than us and Ireland were equals. So to win 2/3 group games was pleasing.

The England result was something I never saw happening. They're the holders, they're the hosts, and then Ben Woodburn whose been out of form for two years pops up with four goals. The stuff dreams are made of if you're Welsh.

I'd say Austria are slightly better than us on paper but by the time that fixture came I was worried we'd look burned out. That's exactly what unfortunately happened. 

The future is interesting as our squad is rather ageing. Ben Davies (35), Louis Thompson (33), Connor Roberts (32),  George Williams (30) and Ryan Hedges (31) will likely be too old in time for the next tournament so it's going to be a case of looking at the lower leagues for young eligible talented players to blood in during the qualifiers. Our qualifiers are not going to be a given but hopefully the confidence from this campaign is something we can build on and see us through.

212d135f26bc1d92b6b53a5c5f9f9a5d.png

Finished the third group as champions to make up for the odd European League incident last time. I haven't learned as much about the young players as I would have liked as the opposition wasn't exactly formidable.

We play Ireland, Slovenia and Bosnia in our qualifying group who are all slightly better.

Football Manager 2017 - The Conclusion

Wales started off their World Cup qualifying campaign in strong fashion with a 3-2 comeback win against Ireland. This was met with two draws against Slovenia and Bosnia and four expected victories against Gibraltar and Latvia.

However three final (and rather unexpected) defeats against Ireland, Bosnia and Slovenia cost Wales dearly and despite finishing on 16 points they still finished fourth in a group where the top four took points off each other. Following failure to qualify for the World Cup and a belief that the momentum from The European Qualifying Campaign was over, Aaron Cpfc was relieved from his duties from The Welsh FA. He received media criticism for relying too heavily on the elder players for the previously European Campaign who were not receiving first team football at their clubs.

Many were interested to see what Aaron Cpfc's next career decision was going to be. Following his sacking as Wales Manager he did state that he was in no rush to make an immediate return to the game. He cited that a poor relationship with all club owners he had worked for other than Marcus Evans at Ipswich Town as the reason why he was not in a rush to return. He commenced punditry work for the next two and a half years. Relying on his experiences at Ipswich Town and Wales to land a role within the BBC for Premier League Matches and The European 2032 Tournament. 

Following Euro 2032 he made a surprise return as a Director Of Football at Cardiff City. He stayed at the club for approximately three and a half seasons. Cardiff City fans were hopeing for a restructure of the club to implement something similar that happened at Ipswich Town with a focus on young Welsh talent to help progress the club back in to The Premier League. However this was not the case and instead Aaron Cpfc oversaw three managerial changes, two relegations and a promotion in between. After the second relegation to League One he was relieved from his duties.

Following his third unsuccesful spell at Cardiff City Aaron Cpfc began work in an advisory capacity in oil rich countries looking to develop football within their nations. He would occassionally be heard as a guest on sport shows and radio phone ins but from here on in his 'hands on' role in football was over from a managerial career that spanned over two decades.

Archived