talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 3rd May - Monaco 0-2 Juventus (1st Leg)

Comparing those 2 sides, this team is far superior. Not a fan of Morata or Vidal. Lichtsteiner is shite. I also echo everyone else's opinion on Evra.

Tevez was on huge form then though, Pirlo has always been brilliant for me, and that was the world class Pogba. So its not like they fluked their way to the final. It had a few weak links but it was still a brilliant side although the one today definitely takes the cake.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, NeymarPele said:

Are we starting with the retarded comments again? Like i already told you countless times, it's extremely stupid to criticize someone who has scored as many goals as him (283), who has a gpm ratio of almost 0.60 and of a goal every 130 mins THROUGH ALL HIS CAREER, having played in two of the best leagues in the world for 95% of it and for one of the best NT in the world for missing a few goals, given that despite it not being as hugely advertised as his', every attacking player or striker has done so, Suarez, Lewandowski, Ibrahimovic, even Messi or CR, you name it.

Each and everyone of them and any others have missed goals, and it doesn't make them any less good, as it's completely understandable and only normal for them do since football players are also human beings, that can and WILL make mistakes like me and you and everyone else. Therefore players should be judged for what they do in the majority of matches in their extensive careers, not for 1, 2, 3, 5 or 10 matches.

I know any forward can miss sitters or launch balls to the moon on a day, but the probability of Higuain doing them are more than the others you mentioned in my opinion.

Never said he is a useless footballer for you to bring up all the stats. I know that there is a reason why he played for top class clubs like Madrid, Napoli and broke the record with 90m to Juve and also that he is Argentina's main striker for last few years. I did not put him up in the "footballers who stole a living" thread in this forum for you to bring up those stats.

Finally, he doesnt have to be liked by all and certainly I dont have to approve that he is the best there is.  Its just that Im not a fan of him and that doesnt make him any more or less of a player. There is no point for you to get upset at everyone who thinks Higuain isnt world class or who points out his missed opportunities.

• Subscriber

Monaco should really have tried to pile the pressure on early, which they did but never got the results they wanted, it would have probably given them something to take to Italy but that wasn't to happen. This Juventus side should certainly go to the finals now because I said it when the matches were announced, the side with one of the best attacking strengths in this competition is now meeting a side with the best defensive record in this competition and it didn't disappoint.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived